ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 31
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Today
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
Has Juju retired or something? Smh folks need to get real and stop being greedy :-)
Relegating juju to a power slot role with a lot of load management is ideal. He’s fine enough if we can’t get anything else done. But we absolutely would get tremendous output from an additional WR. Plus all of our WRs have a higher risk of injury than normal so depth helps.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
No - they're in a spot to do something that's never been done before in the history of the league instead.

To say "Nah, we're just not moving a 3rd round pick for a guy that could meaningfully change the calculus in that pursuit" is needlessly dogmatic.

I think it's funny that when we made the deal for Toney at the cost of a 3rd rounder it was "Pft, it's just a 3rd round pick, that's nothing..." and now suddenly that same 3rd round pick is untouchable.

And I'd say the pressure to win is no less now than it was then. The odds of us having ANOTHER shot at a 3-peat are pretty damn long as Kelce wraps up his career and Jones nears the end of his prime. Those are HoF guys; there's no reason to take as faith that we're getting 2 more of them anytime soon.

We can accomplish something far greater than what Buffalo can accomplish this season. I think we should act accordingly.
This has been my position all off season\season. We are going for something never been done before so go for broke. Don't give a shit about future seasons so do what you have to do to get the 3-peat.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:56 AM Today
Who the fuck is being pissy?

Lord, some of you are just children.
It's just timing dude. I have concerns about age and injury history too but the trade was just made. Let people bask in it a little bit before the reality check.
[Reply]
-King- 08:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I just want to point out how weird it was for you to label Omenihu as Charles.

I spent like 8 seconds wondering if we had signed Jamaal Charles to the roster.
Me too :-).

What's wild is that I got excited lol. Charles could be 80 in a wheelchair and I'll always get excited for him. I bet he could still make people miss in a wheelchair.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:58 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Toney came with 3 years of cheap cost control.

They're just not burning a day 1/2 pick on a rental. It's just not gonna happen.
Of course it was different in real time.

I'm saying in hindsight, we'd STILL make that deal. Knowing that the cost control proved irrelevant given that he didn't do shit for us in the 2nd year and didn't see year 3.

The only real return we got was a half season in 2022 and a playoff run.

And that's STILL a deal most (all?) of us would happily make.

VEACH would still make that deal, IMO.

Which makes me question whether or not there's any veracity to the idea that the Chiefs simply aren't willing to discuss those 3rds.

I don't think there is. They'd do it - the right offer just hasn't materialized yet and they need the help immediately.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
It's just timing dude. I have concerns about age and injury history too but the trade was just made. Let people bask in it a little bit before the reality check.
I'm not even being hard on the deal!!!!

Tough friggen crowd...
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM Today
Of course it was different in real time.

I'm saying in hindsight, we'd STILL make that deal. Knowing that the cost control proved irrelevant given that he didn't do shit for us in the 2nd year and didn't see year 3.

The only real return we got was a half season in 2022 and a playoff run.

And that's STILL a deal most (all?) of us would happily make.

VEACH would still make that deal, IMO.

Which makes me question whether or not there's any veracity to the idea that the Chiefs simply aren't willing to discuss those 3rds.

I don't think there is. They'd do it - the right offer just hasn't materialized yet and they need the help immediately.
With the track record he has.....I don't think he would. Knowing what he knows now.

The punt return was big sure, but we already had a lead and were moving up and down the field pretty much at will at that point.
[Reply]
Womble 09:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by scho63:
If we now have DHop AND Skyy gets his walking papers, I may just stroke out with excitement.
I'm so excited I'm going for a $100 lunch and a quick visit to my local whorehouse afterwards!!
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:01 AM Today
They definitely need to get another WR as Skyy is not a WR anymore. Dude can't catch a pass so why is he on the roster. Bring up the PS players at least and send him packing.
[Reply]
crazycoffey 09:02 AM Today
What are the cap numbers for us, and what is tenn eating on the salary?
[Reply]
Mecca 09:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
We should be able to get some quality OL/DL help with those 2 3rd round picks. We are going to need it next year.
Everything out there about next years draft is that it is fucking awful, there's like 12 actual first rounders, the day 3 picks are probably going to be fringe dudes that struggle to make teams.

Because of NIL guys are more likely to stay longer and bounce around for the money in college which means guys leaving early or finding a diamond in the rough is going to be harder.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:02 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
If he stays healthy it's perfect. You get what you need to finish the run this year and you keep what are going to be some really important draft picks to extend the dynasty even beyond what we've ever seen or will ever see again.
At least stay healthy until we get Brown back for the playoffs.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:04 AM Today
I just hope this means that Mahomes is going to be a bit more willing to throw a contested ball, Hopkins is great at those and Mahomes doesn't really throw them.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Everything out there about next years draft is that it is fucking awful, there's like 12 actual first rounders, the day 3 picks are probably going to be fringe dudes that struggle to make teams.

Because of NIL guys are more likely to stay longer and bounce around for the money in college which means guys leaving early or finding a diamond in the rough is going to be harder.
Wellll then Veach uses them to move up. They are ammo in the best GM in the leagues quiver.
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 09:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
Or some of us could see it as it is...a reasonably intelligent move to shore up a decimated receiving corp.

I don't have high expectations for anything more than for Hopkins to be a quality receiver....if he gets 200 yards and 3 TD'S in the next 3 games I will be happy.

Or I can sit and be pissy because BV didn't pay a silly price for Adams or Cooper.
And Adams wasn't going anywhere other than NYJ...Hopkins is a guy with 1050 yards and 7 TDs on the TITANS in 2023. He can be an incredibly valuable piece here. For anyone to complain about how we didn't get Cooper or Adams is just people arguing for the sake of arguing.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 31
« First < 111718192021 22232425 > Last »
Up