ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 82
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic
Ming the Merciless 10:45 AM 06-19-2023
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Originally Posted by :
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:18 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'd like to know how they convinced anyone to get on that thing.
rich guys will do anything to get away from their wives
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 10:20 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'd like to know how they convinced anyone to get on that thing.
Ive wondered that as well 1000x. Surely the billionaire would have investigated the thing. What I read was "you could die" is mentioned 3 or 4 times on the first page of the liability release they had to sign.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:24 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Fucking morons - all of them
[Reply]
Rams Fan 10:30 AM 06-21-2023
I get wanting younger employees, but to have no one that’s super experienced and using jargon to basically justify cutting costs is stupid.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:31 AM 06-21-2023
"I can't say that we hired the best and the brightest here at OceanGate, but we absolutely hired the coolest and most inspirational people (aka: not qualified). Give us $250K for a ride, and we'll show you what we mean..."

:-)
[Reply]
Hydrae 10:35 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Ive wondered that as well 1000x. Surely the billionaire would have investigated the thing. What I read was "you could die" is mentioned 3 or 4 times on the first page of the liability release they had to sign.
It sounds like the possibility of death may be higher for a sub trip than sky diving. When I did that (it was AWESOME!), the waiver certainly gives you pause as you sign it. Not only the chance of death but you agree that none of your surviving family members will sue the company for wrongful death.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:37 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
It sounds like the possibility of death may be higher for a sub trip than sky diving. When I did that (it was AWESOME!), the waiver certainly gives you pause as you sign it. Not only the chance of death but you agree that none of your surviving family members will sue the company for wrongful death.
Just like going to the doctor
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:39 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Shiver Me Timbers:
Yeah, but if you buy a bucket at Home Depot it has warnings that you might die in it. Warnings of death are so diluted in our society that no one really pays them any heed any more.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:40 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
"I can't say that we hired the best and the brightest here at OceanGate, but we absolutely hired the coolest and most inspirational people (aka: not qualified). Give us $250K for a ride, and we'll show you what we mean..."

:-)
In other words, "I want to hang out with young women that I have power over. The engineering is secondary."
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:42 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, but if you buy a bucket at Home Depot it has warnings that you might die in it. Warnings of death are so diluted in our society that no one really pays them any heed any more.
Yeah, but getting into a Home Depot bucket and getting dropped into the Atlantic possess a lot less danger than an OceanGate experience...
[Reply]
Spott 10:42 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Rams Fan:
I get wanting younger employees, but to have no one that’s super experienced and using jargon to basically justify cutting costs is stupid.
Yeah, but they’re good with Xbox controllers and stuff.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:42 AM 06-21-2023

[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:48 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by Spott:
Yeah, but they’re good with Xbox controllers and stuff.
Then buy them an Xbox controller, not that janky Logitech controller that i wouldn't even buy for my PC.
[Reply]
kstater 10:48 AM 06-21-2023
T's and Ps

Sent from my SM-S906U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:54 AM 06-21-2023
Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake:

Sorry about being stuck at the bottom of the ocean. But hey, at least the toilet has a spectacular view.
I wish to know more about how that ballast was supposed to come off of the skid.

And I have no idea why their marketing materials concentrated so much on the toilet. It seems like it's been played up in every diagram I've seen in this thread.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 82
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up