ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 176
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****
Dante84 06:41 PM 04-28-2023
More to come!

Mahomes knew Rashee Rice was his guy after throwing with him in Dallas.@AdamLefkoe with the scoop �� pic.twitter.com/X8ZAab22kM

— B/R Gridiron (@brgridiron) April 29, 2023

Rashee Rice | WR | SMU

One of the best WR prospects at the catch point and winning leverage mid-route. He consistently sets up defenders to put them on his back, locates the ball, and attacks it at the highest point.

Skill set is wild for a 6' 200lb WR. pic.twitter.com/ClxW4SJvi5

— Matt Lane (@Matty_KCSN) February 16, 2023

Rashee Rice was drafted with pick 55 of round 2 in the 2023 draft class. He scored a 9.53 #RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 145 out of 3062 WR from 1987 to 2023. https://t.co/lwD9tvVPvv pic.twitter.com/YjucxErSE1

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2023

[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:44 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Dude. What the ****?

Do you not see a player's size and playing style and compare it to other guys?

I mean, Tyreek Hill is nothing like Jerry Rice. AJ Brown nothing like Deandre Hopkins.

So as an explanation when someone asks what a player they haven't seen is like, you pick a guy who's got a similar style and use that as a comp.

You're acting like that's ridiculous, but it's really not. Nobody's saying they're going to be as successful in the NFL, they're just saying this is the "TYPE" of player.

Nothing to do with ****ing uniform colors or whatever. This is dumb.
I see size, speed, measurements can be equated, for sure. What I think is ridiculous is thinking "this guy is same size as ______" = obvious comp. It is ridiculous. FFS, Justin Jefferson was the NFL Offensive Player of the Year. D'Andre Hopkins is a legitimate NFL all-pro year after year. ROD SMITH is a Hall of Famer. These are the guys to which this second round pick out of SMU, that few had on their draft board this high btw, are being compared. Come on. Bruh. The breathless hyperbole is ridiculous. That is all I have pointed out, yet fatass zach thinks "nah, that's not hyperbole, it's totally legit to comapre this kid out of a Div 2 (arguably) school = comparable to a Hall of Fame player".
[Reply]
jspchief 08:45 PM 04-28-2023
Yeah, you should probably get with Mahomes and tell him that. I'm sure he'd be grateful for the pointer, uncle Rico.
Yeah I don't really need affirmation on my opinion from Mahomes. It's just a simple opinion that I could be proven wrong on. And to be honest, Mahomes is an exceptional QB, that doesn't make him an exceptional talent scout. Case in point, CEH. So it's not like it's some type of mic drop that Mahomes likes the guy.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:45 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
JFC, Jefferson, Hopkins, ...Rod Smith?! These comps are ridiculous. I sure hope Rice can live up to this, but come on, let's not get too crazy before we see him play. If he turns out to be what some of you are saying, this pick will be THE pick of the 2023 draft.
Rod Smith?

Shit! This guy must fucking suck!
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:48 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by HC_Chief:
I see size, speed, measurements can be equated, for sure. What I think is ridiculous is thinking "this guy is same size as ______" = obvious comp. It is ridiculous. FFS, Justin Jefferson was the NFL Offensive Player of the Year. D'Andre Hopkins is a legitimate NFL all-pro year after year. ROD SMITH is a Hall of Famer. These are the guys to which this second round pick out of SMU, that few had on their draft board this high btw, are being compared. Come on. Bruh. The breathless hyperbole is ridiculous. That is all I have pointed out, yet fatass zach thinks "nah, that's not hyperbole, it's totally legit to comapre this kid out of a Div 2 (arguably) school = comparable to a Hall of Fame player".
People are comparing players and you are banging your hooves against your keyboard crying about it. :-)
[Reply]
Bump 08:49 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by jspchief:
Yeah I don't really need affirmation on my opinion from Mahomes. It's just a simple opinion that I could be proven wrong on. And to be honest, Mahomes is an exceptional QB, that doesn't make him an exceptional talent scout. Case in point, CEH. So it's not like it's some type of mic drop that Mahomes likes the guy.
CEH was basically Barry Sanders here on that draft day. I wait to see them play in the NFL before I really make any judgements. There's still hope for Skyy Moore turning into prime AB because AB also had 200 yards his rookie season tho :-)
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:49 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Correct me if Im wrong but I seem to recall Mahomes wanting them to draft CEH. They did. Wanted them to draft Skyy. They did. Now he wanted them to draft this guy. Mahomes GM
You're so insightful. No other dumbfuck in this thread has brought that up yet. Just you. That's an original thought. Yep. You're Sherlock fucking Holmes.
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:51 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Iconic:
One thing I really like from watching him right now is they have him out wide majority of the time. This guy is no stranger to having DBs at his hip regularly. In a way he's the anti Hyatt - faces contact regularly and even dare I say, thrives off it. Like he demoralizes DBs because he's making his catches in SPITE of them and their best efforts. Also, something no ones talking about is his YAC ability, boy can he make guys miss. I am definitely seeing the Sammy Watkins comps.
It seems to be a huge focus of his game which will be great to see.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 08:52 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Rod Smith?

Shit! This guy must ****ing suck!
:-)
You know we'd have loved that guy in KC, but yeah, fuck Rod Smith.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 08:53 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Rod Smith?

Shit! This guy must ****ing suck!
Nah not if the opposing DC decides matching up a 5'7 150 pound dude against him is the way to lock him down.
[Reply]
SAGA45 08:53 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by oaklandhater:
I wanted Hyatt :-)

I'm with your mom at a Hyatt. Will that do?
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:54 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I'm with your mom at a Hyatt. Will that do?
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:55 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
“I think I know football better than Veach and Mahomes.”

That’s what some of you sound like. Is that the role you want to play?
There's like 6-8 hardcore draft nerds on the board, right?

And to a person each of them love this pick and most were on the player WELL before some of the media sorts were.

I'll take the wisdom of that particular crowd over...well, the other guys in this thread....100 times out of 100.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:56 PM 04-28-2023
As I said before the draft, I have no idea why all the guys who love Deandre Hopkins aren't all over Rashee Rice.

I have no idea if Rice will put up the same kind of career numbers, but that's what I see when I watch the tape. I see a young Hopkins.
Does he have Hopkins' hands? I think his best trait is that he rarely drops a pass. If Rice is even close to that, this is an outstanding pick.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:57 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Womble:
Got a fantastic 10 and 20 yard dash grade. Considering we aren't really a deep ball team anymore that's great.
I think this is a good point and 10 and 20 yard dash is probably more "football speed" than the 40.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 08:58 PM 04-28-2023
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
He doesn't need you to defend his good name. Sometimes the picks aren't good. Sometimes I'm wrong. Sometimes you are.

The difference is I'm not calling you a reerun for it
I think when you take a step back and study Rice more, you'll realize all the good things Rice does that Hyatt doesn't.

Hyatt is a good player, but aint Waddle or D.Smith. He's Mecole Hardman.

And when you do that, you're gonna love the pick. Trust, this kid is gonna be a Star.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 176
« First < 111718192021 222324253171121 > Last »
Up