ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 23
« First < 111718192021 2223 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Hurricane Milton is a CAT 5 and Coming for Florida
Otter 03:35 AM Yesterday
Don't start being shy now mods to update and links...

Blow by Blow

On the Ground

https://www.youtube.com/live/NLhxcyz...zEXFzc7SMzsByZ

[Reply]
Holladay 07:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by :
people want to live on the water.
Their choices. I am not sure if the govt should bail them out. I am guessing, they bail them out or the Insurance companies.

Every place has its' risks. Earthquakes, volcanoes, mud slides etc.

I will say that the hurricanes add a bit of adventure to a normally placid existence:-) I know that I kinda of enjoy a massive snow storm (< 12 inches mind you:-) though can drift up to 4'). But I am prepared: generator, tractor with a blade, well water, plenty of food etc.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 07:58 PM Today
My mother is north of Ruskin (just outside of Tampa) right now because of work. She is at a friend's house which is a recent built and hurricane rated. She said that they lost mobile phone service but is still able to communicate via text courtesy of Starlink and T-Mobile working out emergency text service.

https://spacenews.com/starlink-activ...ricane-milton/

They also lost internet service but power is still up at the house.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:00 PM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Anderson Cooper vs flying debris…
Good. Little bitch.
[Reply]
Holladay 08:02 PM Today
Wasn't that his claim to fame? Back when?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by Holladay:
Their choices. I am not sure if the govt should bail them out. I am guessing, they bail them out or the Insurance companies.

Every place has its' risks. Earthquakes, volcanoes, mud slides etc.

I will say that the hurricanes add a bit of adventure to a normally placid existence:-) I know that I kinda of enjoy a massive snow storm (< 12 inches mind you:-) though can drift up to 4'). But I am prepared: generator, tractor with a blade, well water, plenty of food etc.
im retired now. I wanted to retire to the beaches and sun. Hurricanes are part of the deal.

The pic is my backyard. (At least before tonight). My land goes down to the water. I have a 10K pound boat dock and lift there. But currently no boat. So when people ask why retire here? deal with hurricanes? this is why.
Attached: IMG_8591.jpg (117.1 KB) 
[Reply]
NewChief 08:20 PM Today
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
I am in Ocala. My father in law and myself are hammered and about to get in the pool because why not. Haha

My in-laws house in Crystal River is trashed from the last hurricane, we are trying to make the best of this.
Ocala is underrated. Went there to ride Santos on mountain bikes but was blown away by the beautiful thoroughbred ranches. Insane.
[Reply]
4th and Long 08:29 PM Today
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:
Meet Lieutenant Dan.

Tiktok Embed Code Generator

[Reply]
Fish 08:34 PM Today
Originally Posted by 4th and Long:

[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:35 PM Today
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Ocala is underrated. Went there to ride Santos on mountain bikes but was blown away by the beautiful thoroughbred ranches. Insane.
I agree. Those horse farms were amazing. Very underrated city.:-)
[Reply]
DaNewGuy 08:39 PM Today
My power is flickering a bit but still on . Just worried about flooding . I'm in daytona beach. Man feel awful for everyone near landfall. Stay safe tonight brothers
[Reply]
Frazod 08:40 PM Today
Originally Posted by Holladay:
And people are afraid to live in KS bc of the 'nados. You all wacked twice in 2 weeks. Have you invested in kayaks yet?

I admit that I have no clue in a hurricane event. I do know that when KS tornado warning are posted, I am in my lawn chair in the driveway:-)

I read an article about flood insurance and how hosed people are:-) Not sure if true.
I was stationed in Norfolk during Gloria in 1985. It ended up changing course and heading north up the Atlantic coast, and we ended up only getting the fringes of it, but for two terrifying days Gloria was a growing category 4 monster that was forecasted to make a direct hit on us. The Navy sent every ship that could get underway to a secure anchorage way up in Chesapeake Bay, but my ship was in the shipyard, the engine was on the pier under a tarp, and there was an engine-sized hole in the side of the ship a few feet above the waterline. So we weren't going anywhere. They let most of the crew leave the ship to flee the area, but I was on the alpha personnel list, and alphas go down with the ship. I was 20, from the Midwest, completely sold on the certain doom and destruction being trumpeted by the weather pricks, and convinced I was going to die horribly in the next few hours and there wasn't a goddamn thing I could do about it. And I remember that day, and how I felt, like it happened last week, not 39 years ago. I have no desire to ever relive it.

And that's why I would never live in a hurricane zone.
[Reply]
Holladay 08:53 PM Today
Originally Posted by :
The pic is my backyard
Point taken. The good with the bad. I don't have the kind of cash to live in that paradise with all the risks. I could show you some awesome sunsets in my front yard and closest neighbor 1/2 mile away. To each his own.

Originally Posted by :
And that's why I would never live in a hurricane zone.
Ouch. I guess people in FL have grown up living with hurricanes, just like I have with tornadoes...not that big a deal
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 08:55 PM Today
Just spoke with her on the phone. Winds are absolutely ripping right now but no loss of electricity and no water intrusion. The fact that it is a recently built area and there is a major hospital nearby is probably why their power is surviving this.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 08:55 PM Today
Originally Posted by NewChief:
Bought a 3 bed 2 bath home with a in ground pool and screen enclosure for 310K. 1 hour to Daytona, Orlando and Crystal River. Hour and a half to Tampa as well. It’s a great place and affordable in Florida terms.

Ocala is the horse breeding capital of America.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 09:00 PM Today
It’s starting to get narly here.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 23
« First < 111718192021 2223 >
Up