Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns
TLO 07:10 PM 08-27-2021
Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 07:27 AM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
well that is about all they have to do out there in flyover country :-)
What are all these "fun" things to do in Cleveland?
[Reply]
ptlyon 07:29 AM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I'd say throw turkeys out of a helicopter, but that's Cincinnati
[Reply]
Teak 07:42 AM 09-01-2021
https://youtu.be/UKeEtHfY7PA
Fixed url
I base this thought upon the above video. This is the new defensive idea to slow down the pass happy NFL. So you need 2 guys on the d line that can get there own way. A light box that allows the reads of LB and S to be confusing as to who actually is playing run support from deep start. This is the Chargers new defense and they have the personnel. That's what we will see from Cleveland. At least their attempt. Two guys on d line and faster secondary to slow RPO.
[Reply]
Teak 07:45 AM 09-01-2021
I think the 4 TE sets and the change in O-line in blocking scheme is too address this kind of defense
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 07:49 AM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
well if your social there are plenty of restaurants bars micro brewery's around we love to drink and eat here. East bank flats, ohio city, Tremont and east 4th street area just a few.

you have the rock hall , cleveland museum of art, littal italy for Italian food.

if you want to see a show playhouse square is the largest theater district in the US other than Broadway in New York.

i am more of an outdoor person. i have a boat and like to fish. lake erie has great perch and walleye fishing and just boating in general on the lake.

a short drive west you have cedar point the best amusement park in the US and Put-in-Bay and the erie islands.

a short drive east and you have ohio wine country 25+ wineries along the lake

and a short drive south the football HOF.

now back to your scheduled football talk after this northeastern ohio tourism PSA :-)
[Reply]
New World Order 07:55 AM 09-01-2021
I’d feel more worried about this game if KC didn’t beat them last year with Henne for 40% of the game.

It likely would have been an absolute blowout had Mahomes kept playing.

They have some new players but our offensive line is much improved. They’re going to enable quite possibly the greatest player of all-time plenty of time to throw.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:01 AM 09-01-2021
well if your social there are plenty of restaurants bars micro brewery's around we love to drink and eat here. East bank flats, ohio city, Tremont and east 4th street area just a few.

you have the rock hall , cleveland museum of art, littal italy for Italian food.

if you want to see a show playhouse square is the largest theater district in the US other than Broadway in New York.

i am more of an outdoor person. i have a boat and like to fish. lake erie has great perch and walleye fishing and just boating in general on the lake.

a short drive west you have cedar point the best amusement park in the US and Put-in-Bay and the erie islands.

now back to your scheduled football talk after this northeastern ohio tourism PSA :-)
Is there still a Dicks Last Resort in Cleveland? I wasn’t only in the city for a couple hours, and that’s the only place I stopped. Well aside from where the highway takes a 90 degree turn by the lake.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:02 AM 09-01-2021

F yeah. Hoping to go next year. Monsters.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:07 AM 09-01-2021
Easy win, can we talk about week 2?
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 08:07 AM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by Coochie liquor:
Is there still a Dicks Last Resort in Cleveland? I wasn’t only in the city for a couple hours, and that’s the only place I stopped. Well aside from where the highway takes a 90 degree turn by the lake.
that must have been a long time ago. the flats used to be run down and not so great.

it was rebuilt and they are developing the crap out of the river front now

https://flatsateastbank.com/
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:29 AM 09-01-2021
Here’s my position by position advantages:

Coaching: Chiefs-Browns aren’t as far behind as something but Reid and this staff are the best right now.
QB: Chiefs-obviously
RB: Browns-obviously
TE: Chiefs-also pretty obvious even though the Browns have a nice group
WR: Push-Chiefs have the best single WR but the Browns have the better duo/depth. Hill is just so damn good that even advantage Browns isn’t significant
OL: Browns barely-closer than most realize. Wouldn’t shock me if they were essentially the same by the end of the year.

DE: Push-both have 1 absolute star and a few question marks. If Clark is healthy at all, then this is Chiefs.
DT: Chiefs-no question. Chiefs have 4 legit dudes and Reed is a borderline Pro Bowler
LB: Browns-more proven, but could be Chiefs by year end.
CB: Chiefs-Denzel Ward isn’t the star that some make him out to be and he misses at least 3 games per year anyway. Sneed is ascending with great depth.
S: Chiefs-Mathieu is the best player in either secondary. Significantly so.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:43 AM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by Teak:
https://youtu.be/UKeEtHfY7P

I base this thought upon the above video. This is the new defensive idea to slow down the pass happy NFL. So you need 2 guys on the d line that can get there own way. A light box that allows the reads of LB and S to be confusing as to who actually is playing run support from deep start. This is the Chargers new defense and they have the personnel. That's what we will see from Cleveland. At least their attempt. Two guys on d line and faster secondary to slow RPO.

“Junk” defenses like that aren’t new. They’ve been around for passing downs for along time.

A smart team that sees that type of set would go to a more run heavy look. Zone blocking/gap blocking/power.

Make teams pay for the light box.

I also will say this: Staley had success doing stuff like that in LA last year. He also had Aaron Donald. I’m skeptical that type of D can work as a base set unless you have DL with elite disruption skills.
[Reply]
O.city 08:45 AM 09-01-2021
You're gonna just get gashed playing that defense though. Teams aren't stupid.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:36 AM 09-01-2021
Lets stop talking about how terrible the city is and talk about how the Chiefs D-line is going to murder that cle O-line.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 09:43 AM 09-01-2021
Chris Jones is going to strike fear into the hearts of the Cleveland offense. That dude is so disruptive, and now with him attacking from the edge, then sliding into the middle on 3rd down, he is going to wear out their OTs and OGs. The Browns are going to have to double and triple-team him, and keep chipping with backs. That will free up Reed, Nnadi, and Clark to beat their man in 1:1 blocking. That pressure will screw up timing and lead to mistakes for our secondary to capitalize upon. Add additional pressure thanks to our offense going down the field for TDs on a recurring basis. Ugly. It is going to be ugly :-)
[Reply]
Page 21 of 106
« First < 111718192021 222324253171 > Last »
Up