ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 208 of 208
« First < 108158198204205206207208
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
sedated 03:33 PM Today
So what's the strategy for starters if we lose tonight?
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:37 PM Today
Depends on what the Twins do. If they lose, wont matter. Can save Lugo and Ragans for Tuesday and Wednesday.

But if we lose and Twins win? Use your best guys ASAP. If you don’t make the playoffs, it doesn’t really matter if you saved them for the playoffs.

Lugo on Saturday would be next.
[Reply]
Coach 03:43 PM Today
Originally Posted by sedated:
So what's the strategy for starters if we lose tonight?
It's already set up as Lugo on Saturday and Ragans on Sunday, and it's on their normal rest.

Now if the Royals win tonight, then I imagine that may change and they may get a light work load.
[Reply]
Jerok 03:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by Coach:
It's already set up as Lugo on Saturday and Ragans on Sunday, and it's on their normal rest.

Now if the Royals win tonight, then I imagine that may change and they may get a light work load.
I bet they would just push their starts back to Tues/Wednesday and not give them any work
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:03 PM Today

Vinnie Pasquantino is taking BP again today with the team. Scheduled to face Will Smith in a live tomorrow. There are still boxes Pasquantino has to check before being game-ready, plus assessing how he feels after each one. But he’s “well ahead of schedule,” Matt Quatraro said.

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) September 27, 2024

[Reply]
Coach 04:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by Jerok:
I bet they would just push their starts back to Tues/Wednesday and not give them any work
That is also a possibility. I just hope they make sure that they get ample rest, but not enough to throw off their routine in a way, hence a light work in a game environment or a bullpen session in between would make sense.

But this comes down to Singer tonight or if Baltimore does us a solid.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:09 PM Today
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
Couldn't he just DH?
[Reply]
suzzer99 04:12 PM Today
Originally Posted by tk13:
There's a famous moment somewhere very late in that 2014 season where he used Aaron Crow and blew a game and afterwards Ned was like "Aaron Crow's inning is the 6th inning" or whatever. Then he brought in Yordano in the wild card game when he probably should have just went to Herrera. He got better in the 2014 playoffs but by 2015 he had learned. He wasn't afraid to use Herrera for 2-3 innings, or Wade Davis on both sides of a rain delay, or be a little more careful about using Ryan Madson because he wasn't quite as dominant as Herrera and Davis.
We probably win 2014 game 7 if we yank Guthrie after the 3rd and pitch Herrera for 2, Davis for 2 and Holland for 2.
[Reply]
Coach 04:13 PM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Couldn't he just DH?
I think it's more of how his hand will respond to the next day after taking some reps would be one of those check boxes. If he wakes up with his hand sore, they may not risk it.

Plus it'll do him good to get acclimated being in the batters box and taking some live pitches.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by Coach:
I think it's more of how his hand will respond to the next day after taking some reps would be one of those check boxes. If he wakes up with his hand sore, they may not risk it.

Plus it'll do him good to get acclimated being in the batters box and taking some live pitches.
One inside pitch or on the hands and it’s a wrap
[Reply]
Coach 04:16 PM Today
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
One inside pitch or on the hands and it’s a wrap
That too.
[Reply]
Coach 04:35 PM Today
But if Vinnie can at least be productive as a PH, it definitely helps out than nothing at all.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 04:36 PM Today

#Royals majority owner John Sherman and Hall of Famer George Brett are here in Atlanta ahead of a possible clinch night.

— Anne Rogers (@anne__rogers) September 27, 2024

[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 05:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by WilliamTheIrish:
I don’t know how anybody can have issues with this manager. He took a team of a young soon to be superstar, a star in the making, an aging veteran star and a bunch of LEGO pieces and has them on the brink of the playoffs.

Losing that up and coming star, Vinnie, as they were charging for the division was a tremendous blow. Yet, here we are boys.

Seriously, I admire what he’s done.

[Reply]
Page 208 of 208
« First < 108158198204205206207208
Up