ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 205 of 205
« First < 105155195201202203204205
Nzoner's Game Room>*****Official 2024 Royals Season Repository Thread*****
ChiefsCountry 11:36 AM 01-01-2024

Year Two of the Matt Quatraro tenure. Time to take a step up this year. Active in free agency and trades this offseason. A new look pitching rotation and bullpen. Will the young players take the leap up offensively? Bobby Witt extension? New stadium? Will Vinny recover from injury? Salvy taking aim at the Royals record book? Will Cole Ragans turn into the best Royals starting pitcher since Greinke 1.0?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Seth Lugo, SP
Michael Wacha, SP
Kyle Wright, SP
Hunter Renfroe, OF/DH
Will Smith, RP
Chris Stratton, RP
Nick Anderson, RP
Adam Frazier, 2B
Garrett Hampson, INF/OF
Matt Sauer, RP
[Reply]
nychief 04:56 AM Today
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Bob Nightengale trying to jinx KC.

This is the gooch.
[Reply]
DJay23 04:59 AM Today
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
As much fun as this season has been through all the ups and downs, mostly ups for a pleasant change, there is one thing that has also been fun. But before that, I don’t think it can be said enough what a remarkable turnaround this season has been over last year and other recent years of oblivion. 56 wins to 85 wins(and counting) and the brink of playoff baseball, even in the wild card era is pretty damn amazing.
This is what has me scratching my head at people calling for Q to be fired. Does he make headscratching decisions? Yeah he does, but so did Ned, and there were people here that wanted to move from him too. The grass isn't always greener.

The future is exciting for baseball in KC!
[Reply]
kstater 05:09 AM Today
So if we clinch tonight, who are the sacrificial :-) that eat all the innings this weekend?

Sent from my SM-S916U1 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 05:14 AM Today
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Knowing myself, I expect Josh’s cum to not be so obvious when it runs out of my semi-autistic, totally oblivious to normal standards of talking and creating relationships. I hide in this forum with my own bravado because I went to KU, and that gives me grace to be a jackass. And I actually thought they clinched, when my ass simply couldn’t accept more of Tony Bats cock, Josh and while my wife watched, I realized who I was…. A dysfunctional cuckold weirdo who only gets off by being an unabrasive, obnoxious syrup sucking dumbass. I hate myself, and my misery enjoys company. I have no life. This forum is it for me. I’ve tried Blue Jays forums. But those four guys kicked me out. So here I am. Pity me. I’m a completely broken man and this is all I’ve got. Wescoe beach is still disinfecting my stench.
Good morning! This is gonna be a great day!
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 05:33 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJay23:
This is what has me scratching my head at people calling for Q to be fired. Does he make headscratching decisions? Yeah he does, but so did Ned, and there were people here that wanted to move from him too. The grass isn't always greener.

Everybody has their own expectations out of a manager. I think baseball lends itself more than other sports to the armchair guy. Every manager is hired only to get fired unless they have sustained success, which is typically out of their hands.

Joe Torre couldn’t do dick in Atlanta or St. Louis, and he became a HOF manager after he got to manage legit HOFers and borderline HOFers. And the whole world was in awe! How does this guy manage this supernatural team every year!?! Oh, he finally came into his own as a manager….

Q is not perfect…. His bullpen was SHIT for most of the season. Players got hurt, not anyone in the system to play that could keep things going…. Yet, they did just keep winning. Garcia sucks, Frazier sucks, Hampson sucks, Renfroe, MJ, Nelson, and all the blah, blah….

This team won 56 games last year. We’re on the brink of the playoffs, but no guarantee. But what a year it’s been!
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 05:42 AM Today

The @OMAStormChasers are the International League champions!

The @Royals affiliate becomes the first Triple-A team to win a title in three different leagues! pic.twitter.com/WiGYRUMrH0

— Minor League Baseball (@MiLB) September 27, 2024

[Reply]
cabletech94 06:03 AM Today
Originally Posted by kstater:
So if we clinch tonight, who are the sacrificial :-) that eat all the innings this weekend?

Hampson.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 06:21 AM Today

The only complaints that I have are:

1) He doesn't use the bunt more to move runners over into scoring positions

2) H continues to put guys out there that are just not cutting it (Melendez, pick a name from the bullpen, etc)

I am happy he has guided the team to where they are now, but sometimes I wish I had a teleporter so I could get into the dugout and smack him upside the head.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 06:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Good morning! This is gonna be a great day!
bruh
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 06:41 AM Today
nice to wake up to a twins loss man

today should be a fun game
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 07:02 AM Today

After watching Andy Reid for a decade, you would think Chiefs fans would apply the lessons with him to every other team they watch. Does he do stupid things? Yes. Does he learn from many of those things? Sometimes! Can you usually point out 2-3 times in a game where you scratch your head and wonder what is running through his mind? Absolutely. But we have 3 super bowls in 5 years and after watching other teams it could absolutely be much worse on the coaching front.

At the end of the day you have to evaluate a coach on some basic things. Do they get the most out of the talent they have? Is there little drama in the locker room? Do you believe the team achieved expectations or exceeded them for what talent they had? Did they generally come to play every game and represent the city and team well? If the answer is yes to all of these questions, and it is for Reid, then you have to just accept that this is as good as you can get and every coach is going to have some strategic mistakes at some point. Nobody is perfect. Q falls into this category so far. Is he perfect? No. But you can’t deny he checks off all the big boxes that are needed to be successful so far.
[Reply]
kstater 07:05 AM Today
https://x.com/OptaSTATS/status/18395...yirIMot1Q&s=19

[Reply]
ChiTown 07:09 AM Today
Originally Posted by kstater:
https://x.com/OptaSTATS/status/18395...yirIMot1Q&s=19

:-)

It was an “incredible” game
[Reply]