ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 30
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs and Jones agree to new deal
Sassy Squatch 09:42 PM 03-09-2024

�� �� ��

The #Chiefs and All-Pro DT Chris Jones have a blockbuster deal to keep him in KC, per his agents @KatzBrosSports. The top free agent is off the market and a huge move for the champs. �� pic.twitter.com/BHmM49TCtt

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 10, 2024

Chiefs and five-time Pro-Bowl DT Chris Jones reached agreement on a record 5-year deal that includes $95 million guaranteed and allows KC to keep its best defender before free agency begins, per his agents, @KatzBrosSports.

Deal is expected to be the highest average salary ever… pic.twitter.com/aRidQ0309z

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 10, 2024

[Reply]
FlaChief58 01:34 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

via GIFER

[Reply]
Chiefshrink 01:38 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Kiimo:
On a scale of 1 to insufferable how crazy is the freakout Soren Petro is having right now, after guaranteeing up and down that Chris Jones was gone for like three years now and especially in the last month
To Soren:

James 4:13-17

13 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” 16 Otherwise you are boasting about your own pretentious plans, and all such boasting is evil.

17 Remember, it is sin to know what you ought to do and then not do it.

No one knows the future except Jesus !!
[Reply]
Delano 01:42 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
To Soren:

13 Look here, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.” 14 How do you know what your life will be like tomorrow? Your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. 15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.” 16 Otherwise you are boasting about your own pretentious plans, and all such boasting is evil.

You’ll probably think you’re some kind of martyr here, but please shut up.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:43 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
If we get another ring with Jones it's worth it. If not and good players are let go then it wasn't.
That's a very simplistic view. There are usually more variables.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:44 PM 03-10-2024
To Soren:

Oh fuck off.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:13 PM 03-10-2024
To Soren:

I don’t think Soren posts on http://www.chiefsplanet.com

You might need to send him a letter or a text message or something if you want to make sure he gets your message
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 02:29 PM 03-10-2024
On a scale of 1 to insufferable how crazy is the freakout Soren Petro is having right now, after guaranteeing up and down that Chris Jones was gone for like three years now and especially in the last month
I don't follow him.

But I think it would be pretty easy to just switch and say,

Well, time will tell if KC overpaid.

If Jones also earns the full value of his contract during the long regular season, that would be great. I'm not really expecting that.

Which isn't me saying Jones isn't going to be good. But he's going to be paid a little under 2 million a game? Now obviously every player has better or worse games and not everything they do shows up in a stat sheet etc. But I will be pleasantly surprised to see ~2 M of performance game in game out...

I see it as good regular season but then as keeping him especially for the post season and maybe key moments in the regular season. And perhaps other things like leadership or whatever you want to call it.

I can see why people are excited. I hope it pays off.

But time will tell...
[Reply]
Bump 02:31 PM 03-10-2024
The GDT's are going to be fun whenever Chris Jones is getting doubled all game and doesn't have a sack :-)
[Reply]
Red Dawg 02:33 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Otter:
That's a lot of chedda for a non-QB.
That's all I have been saying but what's done is done. Good he's still for 24 at least.
[Reply]
TLO 02:39 PM 03-10-2024
I couldn't be happier. I'd still like us to draft a DT within the first couple of rounds.

Our defense should still be stacked next season.

Time to get to work on the offense.
[Reply]
RealSNR 02:39 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
The GDT's are going to be fun whenever Chris Jones is getting doubled all game and doesn't have a sack :-)

Eh. They’ve already been a huge blast during SB seasons. Why not add a “greedy fat happy Chris Jones” log onto those tire fires?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:40 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
Wallcrawler will spend at least 100 posts bitching about Jones next season.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 02:43 PM 03-10-2024
Yeah, he’s going to have an aneurysm or a heart attack.

It’ll be a funny listen for sure.

He’s been pretty negative about a lot of Chiefs moves, except the Hill trade. Which is funny, because the results have been uhhh ya know 3 Lombardis.
[Reply]
Pinchshot 02:44 PM 03-10-2024
Never a doubt!
[Reply]
Delano 03:39 PM 03-10-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
That's all I have been saying but what's done is done. Good he's still for 24 at least.
That’s all you’ve been saying…

Sure bud.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 30
« First < 101617181920 21222324 > Last »
Up