ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 42
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Yesterday
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
jerryaldini 08:48 AM Yesterday
As one of the founders of the CP WR cult, I approve this message.

Finally, finally we get to watch Mahomes connect with one of the all time greats at the position. Thrilling!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:48 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Jerm:
- Charles coming back
- Pop healthy soon to form a 1-2 punch with Hunt that NO ONE will wanna fuck with come playoff time
- Hollywood back by the playoffs
- JuJu healthy for the playoffs
- Nuk

L-O-L

This league is cooked.
I just want to point out how weird it was for you to label Omenihu as Charles.

I spent like 8 seconds wondering if we had signed Jamaal Charles to the roster.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:49 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:

Because as we said at the time of the Toney trade guys, "It's just a 3rd round pick". And the value of Toney was a mere rental once we cut him (a half season plus another season of suck).

And yet because of the contributions he made in that Eagles SB, we'd almost all, to a person, make that trade again.

We HAVE proof of concept with the Toney trade. And proof that we, as fans, have little compunction about the cost. So why have so many flipped on it?
Raises hand.... I'd make that trade again. Winning a SB aint no small thing. I'll trade a 3rd every year if they make a momentum play that turns the tide of a possible SB loss into a win.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:49 AM Yesterday
Eh - I'd much prefer Cooper. He moves much much better than Hopkins does at this point. And he's better in the intermediate/deep areas of the field while being equally adept short.

But we did pay far less for Hopkins so there's something to be said for that.

I don't think the Bills overpaid - they got Cooper at a fair return. I don't think the Chiefs got a 'better deal' for Hopkins. They got a lesser player at a lesser price.

Again, as I've said, I'd rather give up more to get more at this point.
I don’t think Cooper is more though. Call it PTSD but the last thing I want here is a WR we overpaid to get who cannot catch. Cooper has the highest (by a wide margin) drop rate the last 3 years. Since 2021 he’s got 32 drops which is insane.

Meanwhile Hopkins has one of the lowest drop rates in football. Only 1 drop this year. Only 4 drops last year on 137 targets(!!!).

Cooper has 32 drops since 2021. Hopkins only has 19 drops total since 2018. That’s only 19 drops in his last 791 targets.

Give me the guy with great hands every time
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM Yesterday
I would rather spend that 3rd on a DE at this point.
[Reply]
KC Shox 08:50 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
His mom didn’t see this one coming
I see what you did there.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:51 AM Yesterday
I honestly didn't realize Hopkins was that good last year and didn't miss a game either.

He is better than Kupp at this point and way way cheaper.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:51 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

[Reply]
DJJasonp 08:51 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
As one of the founders of the CP WR cult, I approve this message.

Finally, finally we get to watch Mahomes connect with one of the all time greats at the position. Thrilling!
Tyreek Hill????
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:51 AM Yesterday
I said from the moment we were told about Brown's surgery that I expected him back for the last week or 2 of the regular season. I've ALWAYS operated under the presumption that he'd be back for a playoff run.

And I still would prefer another move. Because we don't really know how Brown will fully incorporate into the offense and we still don't know what we can reasonably ask from Worthy.

Admittedly, my view on offense is seen through an 11 personnel lens. It always has been - its easily my preferred course on offense and has been since I was 13 yrs old playing Joe Montana football on a Sega. So I'm a bit dogmatic there.

But I view the combination of Brown/Hopkins/Worthy as reasonably likely to amount to about 2 'wholes'. Those 3 guys all have significant question marks - I'm not comfortable counting on all 3 of them unless/until we HAVE to.

And we don't. We have a little extra draft capital and there are guys in Johnson and Slayton that can make this a ton smoother for us at a reasonable cost.

I'm just far more comfortable with a top 5 of Brown, Johnson/Slayton, Hopkins, Worthy, Hardman than I am that same group WITHOUT a relatively steady, reliable and versatile presence in that 2 slot. Because when you take that out of there, you're moving everyone else up a peg and that's just a little iffy.
Has Juju retired or something? Smh folks need to get real and stop being greedy :-)
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:52 AM Yesterday
This is our Ray Allen Celtics trade. A move that makes some sense, but also leaves a little to be desired.

When we trade for Diontae Johnson, that’s our Kevin Garnett move that makes it all make more sense.

Will it into existence.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:53 AM Yesterday
Looking back now, I feel like we traded Sneed for Hopkins and swapped their 3rd round pick for our 4th/5th. As part of the deal we didn't get Hopkins until after week 7, but that has worked out.

I'm really hoping that pick we give them in return is the 4th and if that is how it works out, this theoretical deal is not bad at all for us.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:53 AM Yesterday
I think it's not out of the realm of possibility another deal gets done, likely for less like a 6.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:54 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don’t think Cooper is more though. Call it PTSD but the last thing I want here is a WR we overpaid to get who cannot catch. Cooper has the highest (by a wide margin) drop rate the last 3 years. Since 2021 he’s got 32 drops which is insane.

Meanwhile Hopkins has one of the lowest drop rates in football. Only 1 drop this year. Only 4 drops last year on 137 targets(!!!).

Cooper has 32 drops since 2021. Hopkins only has 19 drops total since 2018. That’s only 19 drops is 791 targets.

Give me the guy with great hands every time
Homeruns vs. singles.

You need both guys.

Home run hitters strike out sometimes. Shit happens. Singles hitters don't - but they don't drive in a lot of runs.

In this scenario, I'd take the doubles hitter with some gap power who may strike out a slightly higher rate than the singles hitter.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:54 AM Yesterday
Originally Posted by nychief:
https://nypost.com/2024/10/23/sports...source=twitter
We should be able to get some quality OL/DL help with those 2 3rd round picks. We are going to need it next year.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 42
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up