ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 48
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Leo Chenal Thread*****
Dante84 09:23 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Leo Chenal was drafted with pick 103 of round 3 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.99 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 3 out of 2419 LB from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/unnXwkfpiT #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/YdwWEkOnmR

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 30, 2022

The moment our newest LB got the call he was joining the Chiefs 📲 @chenal_leo pic.twitter.com/2q3fLOFoPA

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 4, 2022

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:34 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I would love to see them use Leo at edge for passing downs.

Him, Ingram, Jones and Katlaftis (or Frank) should be able to get pressure.
I said it earlier, maybe in this thread, but he doesn't have any technique to speak of at Edge.

I mean if you widened your splits WAY out and sent him out there as a 9-technique guided missile, it might work. But probably only against stupid/inexperienced QBs. The Wide 9 went out of fashion in a hurry because it was just too easy to step up and defeat. Maybe you can steal one here and there, but not with regularity.

He's a guy who's gotten his sacks through inside blitzes (really gets through those seams nicely) and pursuit sacks.

He's not Micah Parsons. He's not a guy that's going to outrun a vertical set and bend the edge. It's not to say he can't someday develop into a nice pass-rush option in certain situations, but he's not a bendy dude that can make that lean and get under the OT.

He thrives in chaos and trying to hem him into that Edge role even in specific situations won't help him or us, IMO.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:34 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by kcclone:
I would love to see them use Leo at edge for passing downs.

Him, Ingram, Jones and Katlaftis (or Frank) should be able to get pressure.
Kick Karlaftis inside on passing downs - then rush Ingram, Karlaftis, Jones and Clark, and have Chenal running around in the Niemann role - able to blitz from anywhere.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:39 PM 05-02-2022
Originally Posted by suzzer99:
Kick Karlaftis inside on passing downs - then rush Ingram, Karlaftis, Jones and Clark, and have Chenal running around in the Niemann role - able to blitz from anywhere.
Wharton.

Karlaftis - Wharton - Jones - Ingram (because fuck Frank Clark, that's why)

Wharton's a hell of an interior rusher in pass-rush situations. His hands are so fast and he's really nimble. He's not a consistent player there, but in pure pass rush, being really good a handful of times a game can be more valuable than being above average most of the game. I prefer boom/bust from my situational guys.

And yeah, Chenal as a blitzer is ideal. But the problem is that on passing downs, if you have Chenal in there, you're taking Bolton or Gay out. And I'm just not sure you can have Chenal in there over them all that often because he's not comfortable in space right now.

So when you're not blitzing him, you're almost playing 10 v. 11. He needs to learn his depth and just get more comfortable 'feeling' the space around him and who's entering/exiting it.

I mean I guess you could try some sort of matchup zone where you play him in more of a man style on the RB out of the backfield? But man, you're asking a ton out of Gay and your DBs if you do that.

I dunno - he just may need a little more time for pass-rush downs.
[Reply]
O.city 07:27 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I said it earlier, maybe in this thread, but he doesn't have any technique to speak of at Edge.

I mean if you widened your splits WAY out and sent him out there as a 9-technique guided missile, it might work. But probably only against stupid/inexperienced QBs. The Wide 9 went out of fashion in a hurry because it was just too easy to step up and defeat. Maybe you can steal one here and there, but not with regularity.

He's a guy who's gotten his sacks through inside blitzes (really gets through those seams nicely) and pursuit sacks.

He's not Micah Parsons. He's not a guy that's going to outrun a vertical set and bend the edge. It's not to say he can't someday develop into a nice pass-rush option in certain situations, but he's not a bendy dude that can make that lean and get under the OT.

He thrives in chaos and trying to hem him into that Edge role even in specific situations won't help him or us, IMO.
Why not use him basically in the role they used Ragland in a few years ago?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:35 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why not use him basically in the role they used Ragland in a few years ago?
talk about wishing evil on someone...
[Reply]
O.city 07:37 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
talk about wishing evil on someone...
He was good in 19 when they got him in the "SAM blitzing" spot.

Let him play going forward and drop into a few hook zones.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 07:44 AM 05-03-2022
I'm imagining Chenal, instead of Niemann, hitting Garoppolo in the Super Bowl. That mother fucker would be steering his wheelchair with his mouth today.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:14 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
I'm imagining Chenal, instead of Niemann, hitting Garoppolo in the Super Bowl. That mother fucker would be steering his wheelchair with his mouth today.
The slowmo replays of Jimmy’s soul leaving his chest would’ve been epic
[Reply]
RunKC 08:16 AM 05-03-2022
Wisconsin would line this guy up directly over the C and let him cave in the OL on early downs. This guy flat out destroys people. He can be such a Swiss Army knife.

Love it
[Reply]
BossChief 08:28 AM 05-03-2022
Josh Allen’s running plays against us have been put on notice. Leo is going to take his soul.
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:52 AM 05-03-2022
Why can't he learn pass rushing moves
[Reply]
Sofa King 08:56 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Josh Allen’s running plays against us have been put on notice. Leo is going to take his soul.
God I hope so. Watching that playoff game in person last year was so frustrating. He looked like he could just be lit up at any moment but Niemann's worthless ass would just get shoved out of the picture every time.
[Reply]
In58men 12:40 PM 05-03-2022
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdGvJ...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Instant wood
[Reply]
saphojunkie 01:05 PM 05-03-2022
It sure seems to me that every piece added in the draft - and after, with Lonnie Johnson - is about making the defense as versatile as possible.
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:36 PM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/CdGvJ...d=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Instant wood

"Violence and physicality man, that's it. I am addicted to hitting people I love it i can't get enough"

Leo Chenal is going bring what he says.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 20 of 48
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up