ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >
Media Center>Star Wars: The Acolyte
BigRedChief 06:39 PM 03-19-2024

En el set de Stars Wars The Acolyte 😎
On the set of Star Wars The Acolyte 😘#StarWars #StarWarsTheAcolyte #Disney #DisneyPlus #Teaser #Acolyte #Premier #TV #Jedi #Lucasfilms #Luke #Skywalker #TheForce pic.twitter.com/Wq9p9LRK7t

— Alita Betancurt 💕✨ (@alitabetancurt) March 20, 2024

[Reply]
tredadda 08:16 AM 07-31-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
honestly hope she wins a 50 million dollar lawsuit against them and iger has to can kennedy because of it
I have to agree. I hope she wins and crushes Disney over this. Maybe that will make them think twice about what they choose to put out and who they hire to do it.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:27 PM 08-19-2024

EXCLUSIVE: The story of ‘The Acolyte’ will not continue, with Lucasfilm opting not to proceed with a second season of the ‘Star Wars’ offshoot starring Amandla Stenberg, sources tell Deadline https://t.co/js3F28IeG6 pic.twitter.com/sCzmTvMUhM

— Deadline Hollywood (@DEADLINE) August 19, 2024

[Reply]
Bowser 06:26 PM 08-19-2024
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
victory

[Reply]
Fish 08:37 PM 08-19-2024
Good. Fuck everything about that shitty series. Glad they learned their lesson.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:31 PM 08-19-2024
Deserved it
[Reply]
KC_Connection 09:59 PM 08-19-2024
Inevitable, it was a complete disaster.

Still a bit hard to believe they even released it when they had to know it would only damage the IP, but I guess they spent so much on it by the time of post-production they almost had to.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 10:45 PM 08-19-2024
Originally Posted by Fish:

What on earth makes you think they learned their lesson? Not like this isn’t the first series they didn’t have lessons to learn from. Sure they are admitting the show sucks but by no means does that mean they won’t keep making sucky shows with similar issues.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:43 AM 08-20-2024
Time will tell if they've learned lessons. They had to learn a lot of lessons prior to this fuckfest. They should have learned the lessons prior to making this.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:28 AM 08-20-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
What on earth makes you think they learned their lesson? Not like this isn’t the first series they didn’t have lessons to learn from. Sure they are admitting the show sucks but by no means does that mean they won’t keep making sucky shows with similar issues.
Correct.

There won't be a single leadership change over this thing which demonstrates pretty loudly that nothing has been learned.
[Reply]
Fish 11:05 AM 08-20-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
I was convinced they were going to shit out another season of this despite the shitty reviews, simply because they were overconfident that they were right and the reviews were wrong. Which they've done in the past. I'm just glad that didn't happen.
[Reply]
notorious 11:34 AM 08-20-2024
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Inevitable, it was a complete disaster.

Still a bit hard to believe they even released it when they had to know it would only damage the IP, but I guess they spent so much on it by the time of post-production they almost had to.
They could have sat on it, told the actors and actresses to shut the fuck up about it, and released it down the road without fanfare.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 12:36 PM 08-20-2024
I was convinced they were going to shit out another season of this despite the shitty reviews, simply because they were overconfident that they were right and the reviews were wrong. Which they've done in the past. I'm just glad that didn't happen.

Okay that does make sense from that perspective of them not digging in further as they’ve done prior. I definitely have doubts that they’ll apply the lessons they should for why this one was so bad to future projects though.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 08:01 PM 08-20-2024

Television shows often need more than 1 season to grow and development. Take a look at Breaking Bad - one of the greatest shows ever, but it took its time to really grip you and needed more than 1 season to do that. The same for The Clone Wars. Season 1 had a number of rough… pic.twitter.com/uCRWRiHknl

— Star Wars Holocron (@sw_holocron) August 20, 2024

What a take :-)

BB S1 is phenomenal btw
[Reply]
notorious 08:21 PM 08-20-2024
Comparing this pile of shit to one of the greatest shows ever is very, very stupid.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:59 PM 08-20-2024

Plagueis isn't taking The Acolyte news too well.
He needs some time... pic.twitter.com/FS1ulFk5SN

— StarWarsTheory (@realswtheory) August 21, 2024

[Reply]
Page 20 of 21
« First < 101617181920 21 >
Up