ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign Juju (2024)
Dante84 06:55 AM 08-26-2024

Just in: The #Chiefs are signing WR JuJu Smith-Schuster, per @Schultz_Report. A reunion with Andy Reid and Patrick Mahomes. pic.twitter.com/C7zL3cft0J

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
DRM08 06:23 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
I’m so stoked about this. I really loved JJSS in his first time around, he made so many big plays for us. He has real chemistry with Mahomes, which isn’t always easy to find. Pat can make it work with anyone, but it sure is nice when he has guys around him he’s clicking with. He and JuJu just always seemed like they were on the same page from day one.

Just such a low key great signing, and I love how he was already at practice today. Guy couldn’t wait to put the red and gold back on, he loves being a Chief.
All comes down to staying healthy, which we know is a challenge for JuJu. But it's a challenge for every player in this sport, and certainly the WR group for the Chiefs (Hollywood Brown the obvious example right now).
[Reply]
-King- 06:27 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Hell, take it a step further and bring MVS back provided he's cheap and get the scrubs gone.
Aw c'mon, we're almost done getting all the trash out and you want to bring some back on the house.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:32 PM 08-26-2024
This is a sweet deal...he's only one year removed from being KC's leading WR and defacto #1. Now he has Rice, Brown and Worthy on the roster...so essentially the #4/5. That's a big difference...

He played well in the post-season...

They got him for essentially free...I didnt realize he's only 27.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:22 PM 08-26-2024
He's got one functioning knee.

I don't mind kicking the tires, but I wouldn't expect much. He couldn't even get on the field last year on a lousy team.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:24 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
He's got one functioning knee.

I don't mind kicking the tires, but I wouldn't expect much. He couldn't even get on the field last year on a lousy team.
Kind of where I am, but we're likely not paying him much of anything. It was the absolute right move to let him leave and is likely the right move to bring him back for peanuts.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:26 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Really? I never heard of this. I just remember the sideline video of Mahomes saying something about scoring despite being in the wrong formation.
It was Kelce. It was on a couple of the videos that came out after the SB and maybe one article.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 08:50 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Kind of where I am, but we're likely not paying him much of anything. It was the absolute right move to let him leave and is likely the right move to bring him back for peanuts.
If he can't stay healthy. Then cut or IR him. This is basically no risk high reward. We have our #1 receiver from 2 years ago back and we are asking him to be our #4/5.

Hell we could stash him on IR till playoffs. 3 peat.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 09:03 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
This is a good move. It’s all about improving the bottom end of our WR room and nothing to do with rice and his suspension, at least in my view.

But this does not give us the best depth at WR in the league. I think that goes to Houston. Depending on who they cut, we may be will pick up somebody else at WR as well
Houston?? We have three guys who have gotten 1000 yards In a single NFL season (Brown, Rice, Juju). They don't have that. Infact I'm not sure any other team in the league has that either.
[Reply]
Abba-Dabba 09:06 PM 08-26-2024
Awesome if true

𝗧𝗥𝗘𝗡𝗗𝗜𝗡𝗚: 3 weeks ago, while he was with the #Patriots, JuJu Smith-Schuster was recorded having a #Chiefs logo under his jersey 🤔

(h/t @StarcadeMediaKC) https://t.co/lHDPhyyZxe pic.twitter.com/ZMxTjTAuzY

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) August 27, 2024

[Reply]
Megatron96 09:11 PM 08-26-2024
Nico went over 1,000. Dell was well on his way before he got hurt (709yds/11 gms). And Stefon Diggs is there now, yes? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Diggs probably has more than one or two 1,000 yd seasons, including last season.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:50 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Nico went over 1,000. Dell was well on his way before he got hurt (709yds/11 gms). And Stefon Diggs is there now, yes? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Diggs probably has more than one or two 1,000 yd seasons, including last season.
Robert Woods is there, as well. He won't touch 1K, but he's a nice fourth option in that group.
[Reply]
Okchief80 10:01 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
He can't stay healthy. Then cut or IR him. The is basically no risk high reward. We have our #1 receiver from 2 years ago back and we are asking him to be our #4/5.

Hell we could stash him on IR till playoffs. 3 peat.
We are asking him to replace Toney and Moore from last year. We are asking very little of him.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:09 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
You haters better PRAY that Randy Ross doesn't make it buddy :-)
When you’re in year 3 of the same system and coaching staff and you still don’t know where to line up? Yeah he’s cooked

https://t.co/SS8Yz8F6cY pic.twitter.com/lkctOFoh7l

— Joshua Brisco (@jbbrisco) August 26, 2024

[Reply]
ForeverIowan 10:28 PM 08-26-2024
Of our top 3 receivers, one still is not 100% out of the weeds for a possible lengthy suspension and the other two are 175 pounds soaking wet and may get beat up a bit throughout the year. Big signing! Get that knee healthy-ish and lets roll!
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:17 PM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Was kinda thinking the same thing.

He's likely to be a gameday inactive most of the time and if Kelce gets dinged, we could theoretically use him on those inside routes that Kelce runs.
Why on earth would Juju be inactive? Would make zero sense bringing him back if that were the case. His connection with Pat is way better than Pat's with Watson that's for sure. It's crazy how short people's memories are when it comes to Juju.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Up