ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 34
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Andy Reid called me, and he asked CP to fix the offense.
Direckshun 07:39 AM Yesterday
I think we can all agree the offense has not been up to par this season.

At this point, there's only so much we can do about it. Our best WR got injured and is missing the season, our best RB is out until December, our LT situation is messy and our stud TE is looking his age.

So, is this who we are now? Is 30 points a game a distant memory?

What can be done?

(Andy Reid is lurking in this thread, so make sure you're on your best behavior.)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
But who’s going to do it? I’d like to see rashee go downfield more but we need to find options besides him. we’ve taken shots at worthy and he isn’t a reliable downfield option yet. And Watson is always going to be a 1-2 target “in case of emergency” option. As much as I shit on Mvs, I don’t think we have that option right now. I think worthy can but as we’ve seen it will take time
Expound.

Had him for an easy 6 and we missed the throw. We had another one in the Bengals game and didn't have the protection.

Nothing we've seen from Worthy says he isn't presently a reliable downfield option unless you truly feel like continuing to fuck the "Andy Reid and Rookie WRs" chicken. Despite having been beaten over the head with counterfactuals over and over and over again.

Worthy can be that guy. Hardman can be that guy. Watson is enough to get 1 or 2 of those balls/gm (and in a supplemental role, that's all you need).

And with the additions to Rashee's route tree, we have a little juice there as well.

Ultimately I think it's just protection. We need the LT to do his job and we need the QB to hit the balls he's supposed to hit.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Your all pro GOAT QB is just gonna have to play better. We did this same shit last year, then got to the playoffs and he locked in and we played better.

In the end, he makes the $ he makes, we're just gonna need him to play like he's capable of.
There’s a lot of working parts on this offense limiting shit.

-The all star TE is old and isn’t what he was
-LT was a disaster and they’re working through growing pains
-Working through growing pains with Worthy and Steele
-Pacheco and Hollywood out hurts

I think losing Pacheco and Hollywood hurts pretty damn badly after watching the All-22. Worthy and Steele are very green and it will take time.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:48 AM Today
I think what got us back was a lot more to do with… 1) deciding our pass offense was 90% kelce/rice and not forcing others to step up; 2) kelce playing like he was 25 again for a critical stretch of the season. Mahomes got a lot better too, but I think it had way more to do with kelce and rice becoming guys you can glue on to. This year 1 of those guys has not been reliable to take on large volume let alone small.

Qb play absolutely has to get better. But I don’t want our solution to be the cooper kupp method of just running one guy into the ground because we can’t trust anyone else
Hardman arriving and MVS kinda unfucking himself a bit down the stretch made a bigger difference than you realize.

It's what made the emphasis on Rice and Kelce possible because it brought back the credible threat of a downfield passing attack.

That's what I was saying then and will continue saying - it doesn't take MUCH. You don't need to bomb it on every drive. 3-4 deep shots/gm and another 3-4 in that deep intermediate range (15-20 yards). 6-8 shots at/beyond 15 yards downfield should be enough to get them conscious of it.

Provided that you hit on about half of 'em. And when they're in sync, spam them a little bit; dial 'em up a bit more.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM Today
Yes, fine, the UDFA missed a blocking assignment in his first start.

I'd rather look at the All Pro QB who keeps throwing it to the other team though?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:49 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again - the QB has to play better.

Hit the shots when you have them. The Worthy ball is just such a prime example - that's gotta be a score. It just has to be.

The broadcast wanted to heap praise on Mike Hughes when it was entirely Mahomes just missing that throw badly that made the pass breakup possible.

I'm fine with the occasional interception on an aggressive play (I didn't even hate the end zone int) but he's gotta stop the really bad picks with no real upside to them (the two interceptions he's thrown over the middle thus far) and you have to hit your deep shots when they surface.

Our boy's just gotta play better. Not superhuman (not yet - that's in the post-season) but he's gotta be at least good. And by most any metric AND the eye test, he just hasn't been.
Mahomes hit the shots last year and the scrub WRs biffed them over and over. I think that's a pretty significant issue currently. Compounded with not trusting either Morris or Suamataia and we're left with whatever Mahomes is doing now.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:51 AM Today
Yes, fine, the UDFA missed a blocking assignment in his first start.

I'd rather look at the All Pro QB who keeps throwing it to the other team though?
Undrafted rookie making mistakes hurts the offense…

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=268
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:52 AM Today
At some point, we keep cycling thru WR's and hearing "they're not good downfield threats" when maybe the issue isn't the WR.
And each year these guys move on from kc and are ineffective. Our WR2 was cut, picked up by the hopeless jets, then cut midseason. Toney isn’t playing for the browns. Mvs is a non factor. The only guy really is Demarcus but he played at a time when our offense was plenty productive.

The issue isn’t entirely wr. But right now we lack a vertical threat who can consistently pin the defense back even just a little bit. We made the right moves with Hollywood and worthy to address that. But obviously we got stuck in an unfortunate situation
[Reply]
O.city 08:54 AM Today
And each year these guys move on from kc and are ineffective. Our WR2 was cut, picked up by the hopeless jets, then cut midseason. Toney isn’t playing for the browns. Mvs is a non factor. The only guy really is Demarcus but he played at a time when our offense was plenty productive.

The issue isn’t entirely wr. But right now we lack a vertical threat who can consistently pin the defense back even just a little bit. We made the right moves with Hollywood and worthy to address that. But obviously we got stuck in an unfortunate situation
You keep saying this and we keep seeing Worthy (and Watson) open in those spots.

Throw them the ball.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:02 AM Today
Carson doens't have moves and doesn't have vision. He is, at best, a 1-cut runner. But for the most part he's just a guy who's going to pick a gap and slam into it.

Ideally he picks the gap the play is designed for - appears he didn't do so here.

But the bottom line is that much to the chagrin of many, he IS a fullback. He runs like a fullback. He has the mentality of a fullback.

We're gonna need Hunt to get up to speed or the passing game to figure shit out. Because at best you're gonna see Steele continue to plod to 3.5 yards/carry with a long gain of 8-10 yards most games.

He's just a pure short-yardage back. And that has plenty of value - but it ain't a guy that should be starting for us.
Yup I think that’s a TD if it’s Pacheco running the ball. He’s faster and more experienced. He hits the hole on the left side.
[Reply]
O.city 09:03 AM Today
Carson doens't have moves and doesn't have vision. He is, at best, a 1-cut runner. But for the most part he's just a guy who's going to pick a gap and slam into it.

Ideally he picks the gap the play is designed for - appears he didn't do so here.

But the bottom line is that much to the chagrin of many, he IS a fullback. He runs like a fullback. He has the mentality of a fullback.

We're gonna need Hunt to get up to speed or the passing game to figure shit out. Because at best you're gonna see Steele continue to plod to 3.5 yards/carry with a long gain of 8-10 yards most games.

He's just a pure short-yardage back. And that has plenty of value - but it ain't a guy that should be starting for us.
Eh, I don't know that he missed a spot, looks like Wanya is on his ass already.

It happens, but Steele constantly put us in 2nd and 5's. Give me that everytime. They don't seem to be interested in a scat back style guy so just do with what you've got.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:05 AM Today
You keep saying this and we keep seeing Worthy (and Watson) open in those spots.

Throw them the ball.
And when we do throw these guys the ball these open shots usually end up contested. We tried to overtarget Watson in Philly. He is not an every down target. We took shots at Mvs last year but his adjustments to the ball made him a 50/50 proposition. Worthy is our best shot but hes too inconsistent now as a vertical option which is understandable given his experience. Same with mecole through much of the playoffs.

Last year we won a Super Bowl because we decided to just stop targeting these other guys who aren’t reliable. It’s not because we were trying to force things to open up things that aren’t there. I am open to taking more shots at worthy if only because we know with reps this will start to come more consistently and naturally for him
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 AM Today
And when we do throw these guys the ball these open shots usually end up contested. We tried to overtarget Watson in Philly. He is not an every down target. We took shots at Mvs last year but his adjustments to the ball made him a 50/50 proposition. Worthy is our best shot but hes too inconsistent now as a vertical option which is understandable given his experience.

Last year we won a Super Bowl because we decided to just stop targeting these other guys who aren’t reliable. It’s not because we were trying to force things to open up things that aren’t there. I am open to taking more shots at worthy if only because we know with reps this will start to come more consistently and naturally for him
What......what the fuck are you talking about here? How has Worthy shown to be inconsistent as a "vertical option" whatever that means?

Every time we throw him the ball he seems to be open deep, maybe make better throws?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:11 AM Today
What......what the fuck are you talking about here? How has Worthy shown to be inconsistent as a "vertical option" whatever that means?

Every time we throw him the ball he seems to be open deep, maybe make better throws?
Yeah - this feels like something he's trying to speak into existence.

I've seen no evidence of it.

He's fast, he's open, he has exceptional ball-tracking skills and plus hands. What's 'inconsistent' about that apart from when and where we throw him the ball?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:13 AM Today
Hardman arriving and MVS kinda unfucking himself a bit down the stretch made a bigger difference than you realize.

It's what made the emphasis on Rice and Kelce possible because it brought back the credible threat of a downfield passing attack.

That's what I was saying then and will continue saying - it doesn't take MUCH. You don't need to bomb it on every drive. 3-4 deep shots/gm and another 3-4 in that deep intermediate range (15-20 yards). 6-8 shots at/beyond 15 yards downfield should be enough to get them conscious of it.

Provided that you hit on about half of 'em. And when they're in sync, spam them a little bit; dial 'em up a bit more.
Exactly. Both Mahomes and Worthy need to work on this shit. That's been my major gripe. Taking a couple deep shots a game then throwing your hands up when they don't immediately work isn't conducive to anything.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 09:13 AM Today
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Hopefully the games yesterday have shattered this stupid fucking narrative that we can only be successful with dink and dunk bullshit. Jayden Daniels absolutely slaughtered the Bengals and he went 10+ yards on nearly half his fucking attempts.

The “whole league has shifted” argument is always dumb when Mahomes is sitting at 20th in YPA.
[Reply]
Page 20 of 34
« First < 101617181920 2122232430 > Last »
Up