ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Nzoner's Game Room>The Front Office Should be Ashamed of Themselves
comochiefsfan 06:47 PM 12-10-2023
Look at what they’re doing to the best player in the game.

His own teammates are consistently sabotaging him on a weekly basis.

And now he’s finally emotionally coming unglued.

Just a complete embarrassment all the way around.

Total malpractice and an absolute waste of your biggest investment.

If Veach and Reid had any balls they would cut Toney tonight as he has now single handedly cost us not one but TWO games. I wouldn’t blame Pat if he went scorched earth in his presser. Someone has to hold these clowns accountable and if the FO and coaching staff won’t then maybe he should.

Either way this is unacceptable and shameful.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:26 AM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I don't like that he took his team friendly deal and wanted it redone to make it a big ****ing anchor the next few years to appease the league and other QB's.
Let's be real, he didn't do it to appease anyone. He did it for himself and his family, no matter what he says publicly. I don't blame him, but there's no need to pretend he is just this selfless guy who reluctantly sought more money because he felt pressure from others to do so. As with all athletes, money talks and bullshit walks.
[Reply]
TEX 10:30 AM 12-27-2023
Mahomes is making his own bed here and it's gonna make Veach's job that much harder.
I don't like that he took his team friendly deal and wanted it redone to make it a big ****ing anchor the next few years to appease the league and other QB's.

We added $39 million in cap to Mahomes over the next 3 years after this one. Feel free to look at the caps by year bc Mahomes said he did his contract to be able to keep players.

We are definitely losing Chris Jones at minimum because of that contract redo. Mahomes contract is no longer "team friendly". It's the same as all the guys like Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson. It's a huge ****ing hassle now.
Agreed. What's worse is it's coming at a time when the ectra $$$ paid buys a WR that is badly needed. Its like Veach structured the contract to help years down the road, so we would not suffer tge same fate as orher teams with huge QB cap hits, but when we get there to reap the benefits, the rug gets pulled out from unde us.
[Reply]
Pablo 10:30 AM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
Let's be real, he didn't do it to appease anyone. He did it for himself and his family, no matter what he says publicly. I don't blame him, but there's no need to pretend he is just this selfless guy who reluctantly sought more money because he felt pressure from others to do so. As with all athletes, money talks and bullshit walks.
Yep. Buddy was building a goddamn mansion, just had baby #2 and won his second SB.

It was time to cash in all that goodwill.
[Reply]
TEX 10:31 AM 12-27-2023
Mahomes is making his own bed here and it's gonna make Veach's job that much harder.

We added $39 million in cap to Mahomes over the next 3 years after this one. Feel free to look at the caps by year bc Mahomes said he did his contract to be able to keep players.

We are definitely losing Chris Jones at minimum because of that contract redo. Mahomes contract is no longer "team friendly". It's the same as all the guys like Aaron Rodgers and Russell Wilson. It's a huge ****ing hassle now.
Agreed. What's worse is it's coming at a time when the extra $$$ paid buys a WR that is badly needed. Its like Veach structured the contract to help years down the road, so we would not suffer the same fate as orher teams with huge QB cap hits, but when we get there to reap the benefits, the rug gets pulled out from under us.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:52 AM 12-27-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's still set where they can draw money from the roster bonus, but yeah, it's the cost of doin business.

It's what I've been getting yelled at all season for saying. If he's not playing like he did last year, it's gonna be pretty damn hard to win. Just is what it is.
That requires Clark to cash checks every time and we know from history that he won't do that often. And can you blame him? He's paid Mahomes over $260 million in guaranteed money since he signed the contract in 2020.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 11:06 AM 12-27-2023
That requires Clark to cash checks every time and we know from history that he won't do that often. And can you blame him? He's paid Mahomes over $260 million in guaranteed money since he signed the contract in 2020.
If that's really what stops them from manipulating Mahomes' contract like so many teams do with veteran players, it's a little disheartening. You say we've paid Mahomes $260 million since 2020, but how much money has he made for Clark Hunt in that timeframe? Ungodly amounts, certainly enough that converting salary to bonus money if needed shouldn't be an issue.

I get that you can only kick the can so far, but I'm perfectly fine doing what the Saints did for Brees' entire career and paying the piper when Pat is gone. I don't care about 10 years from now, I care about Pat winning more Super Bowls while we have him, and Clark should too. If he's the one penny pinching, that really sucks.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:16 AM 01-01-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Bring back the man who brought Mahomes, Kelce, Tyreek and Chris Jones to KC.

Bring back John Dorsey.
Pretty interesting saying this considering Dorsey could never build any depth around those players and lived off previous GM's star players too like Jamaal Charles, Justin Houston, Tamba Hali and Eric Berry for the first few years of his tenure.

I'd say Veach has his own studs moving forward...

Sneed is an all-pro CB
McDuffie is a top 10 caliber CB
Karlaftis has 10 sacks at age 22
Rice is the best rookie WR we've had since Dwayne Bowe

Sneed is a blue chipper and the others are young and showing strong signs of being blue chippers in the next year or two.
[Reply]
Womble 05:50 PM Yesterday
Don't you ever doubt my man Verch again you little wanker.
[Reply]
tredadda 05:51 PM Yesterday
Yeah this post needs to be in the HOC. What an epic and stupid meltdown.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:52 PM Yesterday
Nice bump
[Reply]
Womble 05:54 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by seamonster:
Chiefs GM is a moron. ****ing complete and utter arrogant "analytics" asshole that's taking the Chiefs, Andy Reid, Pat Mahomes and Chris Jones ****ing magic carpet ride to fame and fortune. Can't stand him.
This guy needs to be lobotomized, again.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 05:55 PM Yesterday
This dude sucks so much.

Became a fan post-Mahomes and wants to pretend he can criticize anything about this organization and we should take it or him seriously.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:55 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
This dude sucks so much.

Became a fan post-Mahomes and wants to pretend he can criticize anything about this organization and we should take it or him seriously.
Wait, he's also one of those? Makes sense now.
[Reply]
493rd 05:57 PM Yesterday
Funny post
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:12 PM Yesterday
OP should piss on an electric fence
[Reply]
Page 20 of 22
« First < 101617181920 2122 >
Up