ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Bo Knows HOF Inductions Royals v Guardians - June 29 GDT***
cmh6476 11:00 PM 06-28-2024

[Reply]
BWillie 11:06 AM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Your stupidity never ceases to amaze
Most of these Bo Jackson stories are hyperbole. Gore had 43 SBs and CS 9. Jackson 82 SBs and 32 CS. Thats a bunch to be caught stealing and a much worse ratio than Gore. Thar is just one example. Picked a random athletic guy nobody cares about out of the air. You could do that with a bunch of players.

Bo Jackson was a great athlete. But people love to embellish and make him out as if he was the best athlete ever. There have been plenty of guys as good or better athletes than him.

Jackson one of the more overrated players there has been because people back then just went into a frenzy about the two way sport thing. They did the same thing with Deion Sanders. Kyler Murray could have been a 1st round pick in baseball and football as well and literally nobody gives a shit. Nowadays you just pick a sport.
[Reply]
HayWire 11:12 AM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:

When I was growing up and collecting cards I had 5 or 6 of the football/baseball card. Don't have them anymore and I'm afraid to look at how much they are now :-)
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 11:31 AM 06-29-2024
Hopefully Ragans brings the good stuff today. On the other side, Bibee has been pitching well, so runs might be at a premium this afternoon. A win would glorious. LFG!
[Reply]
PHOG 11:41 AM 06-29-2024
Let's Go Royals!!
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:43 AM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by HayWire:
When I was growing up and collecting cards I had 5 or 6 of the football/baseball card. Don't have them anymore and I'm afraid to look at how much they are now :-)
They go for a little under $6 each on ebay.
[Reply]
TLO 11:48 AM 06-29-2024

Last turn through the #Royals rotation:

Cole Ragans - 6.0 IP, 1 ER
Seth Lugo - 6.0 IP, 0 ER
Brady Singer - 7.1 IP, 1 ER
Michael Wacha - 5.1 IP, 1 ER
Alec Marsh - 6.0 IP, 1 ER

4 QS, 1.17 ERA, 30.2 IP, 10 BB, 35 K

— Jake Eisenberg (@JakeEisenberg_) June 29, 2024

[Reply]
ROYC75 12:24 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Terrence Gore was almost as athletic as Bo Jackson. But Gore just couldn’t play baseball.
Gosh damn dude, go back to bed and get some sleep! Wake up later and tell us how you feel!
[Reply]
Bowser 12:27 PM 06-29-2024
Terrence Gore was almost as athletic as Bo Jackson. But Gore just couldn’t play baseball.
Why, because he was fast?

Lol, just stop.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:32 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Why, because he was fast?

Lol, just stop.
29% caught stealing rate Bo Jackson.

18% caught stealing rate Gore. And Gore was put in the game literally to only steal bases so there was no surprise factor to help him be more successful.

And Gore is just some random athletic guy I picked out of the air.

But Bo Jackson ran up a wall! I one time saw him out run a Ferrari. He jumped over a two story building! My dads buddies grandpa said he saw him throw out a guy standing in Utah and home plate in California!

These stories just keep getting more embellished every year. Its like how every year the fish you caught gets bigger.
[Reply]
Pablo 12:36 PM 06-29-2024
You don't shit talk Bo Jackson in any way on his day dude. Give it a rest
[Reply]
BWillie 12:42 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
You don't shit talk Bo Jackson in any way on his day dude. Give it a rest
He's a fuckin Raider.

Fuck him.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:55 PM 06-29-2024
Bo Jackson was amazing. He split time between two sports and he still managed to put up a wOBA of .380 and a 140 OPS+ playing the difficult sport of baseball at age 27 before his hip injury.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:55 PM 06-29-2024
He's a ****in Raider.

**** him.
Bo Jackson as a Raider is still 20x better than you as a poster.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 12:57 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Bo Jackson was amazing. He split time between two sports and he still managed to put up a wOBA of .380 and a 140 OPS+ playing the difficult sport of baseball at age 27 before his hip injury.
He got better as a baseball player every year of his career and his skill set was still raw. If he only played baseball, he'd be an all-time great. One of the best athletes this country has ever produced.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:03 PM 06-29-2024
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat:
He got better as a baseball player every year of his career and his skill set was still raw. If he only played baseball, he'd be an all-time great. One of the best athletes this country has ever produced.
Hahahahah. He had NEGATIVE career defensive WAR. It was negative every year. This idea that he was an elite fielder is simply made up. He was FLASHY not great. He was a good offensive player at .784 OPS in his career but All-Time great? Cmon this is what Im talking about. The legend grows every year.

Lorenzo Cain is better than Bo Jackson. Is he an alltime great?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/p...acksbo01.shtml
[Reply]
Page 2 of 11
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up