ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Quick, someone show the team The Athletic's latest Power Rankings..
Womble 10:22 AM Today
This week's Power Rankings by The Athletic is as follows:

1. Vikings (5-0)
2. Ravens (4-2) :-)
3. Lions (4-1)
4. Chiefs (5-0)

Keep on doubting the Chiefs, idiots!
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:04 AM Today
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
Even if we give the Ravens that TD, they still have to get the conversion to win. There are no guarantees.

Furthermore, the Ravens turned around and took an egregiously bad loss to the Raiders, so I fail to see how the Ravens should be ranked ahead of the Chiefs. Are a close loss and a terrible loss more easily explained away than several close wins?
I will say that I am not purely a results-based guy. I prefer the quality of the team and how likely I think they can win in January.

The Ravens and the Chiefs are the two best teams in the league and are both built to succeed in January.

I'd personally rank the Chiefs ahead because I trust Mahomes, who rises to the occasion in January, over Lamar, who regresses.

However, the NFL has never seen a run game like the one the Ravens have now. Two Hall of Famers in the backfield, who play perfectly complimentary styles. And I think it's enough to beat any team in the league, including the Chiefs.

I just think both teams are about even right now.
[Reply]
DRM08 11:10 AM Today
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
It's not unreasonable to show the Vikings and Ravens ahead of us -- we did literally just beat them by a toe. I think most of us in here didn't feel too good about the Ravens going for 2 until it was announced Likely was out of bounds.

The Lions... I'm not crazy about them being ahead of us. Hutchinson is not just another injury. That's a really, really bad injury specifically for that defensive roster.

But if the Chiefs aren't ranked in the top 3, I don't know what you're doing.

Edit: changed are to aren't
Ravens lost on their home field to the Raiders. They should not be listed at #2 in the league with 2 losses so early in the season. It’s not like they are 13-2 right now.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:10 AM Today
I will say that I am not purely a results-based guy. I prefer the quality of the team and how likely I think they can win in January.

The Ravens and the Chiefs are the two best teams in the league and are both built to succeed in January.

I'd personally rank the Chiefs ahead because I trust Mahomes, who rises to the occasion in January, over Lamar, who regresses.

However, the NFL has never seen a run game like the one the Ravens have now. Two Hall of Famers in the backfield, who play perfectly complimentary styles. And I think it's enough to beat any team in the league, including the Chiefs.

:-)

The Chiefs already took on that oh so scary run game and held Henry to 3.5 YPC. This is exactly why nobody takes you seriously dude.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:12 AM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

The Chiefs already took on that oh so scary run game and held Henry to 3.5 YPC. This is exactly why nobody takes you seriously dude.
The Chiefs averaged an entire yard per play better than the Ravens.

The Chiefs fucked around and didn’t slam the door. The Ravens were luckier to be in that game at all as opposed to the Chiefs being lucky to have won it.
[Reply]
Woogieman 11:13 AM Today
Why don't they just call "Style Points Rankings"? It's a great ranking for the kind of "pros" that believed the DeLorean was superior to the Lamborghini Countach.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:15 AM Today
3 fuck ups by the Chiefs allowed the Ravens to not get blown out:

Juju drop for a TD
Kelce drop at the 13 yard which likely leads to a TD
Mahomes missing Perine on the screen that would’ve been a huge gain
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:16 AM Today

Fair points, but I would think that the head-to-head should be determinative here.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:17 AM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Ravens lost on their home field to the Raiders. They should not be listed at #2 in the league with 2 losses so early in the season. It’s not like they are 13-2 right now.
This is not a popular take but the Raiders are going to give us fits, too. They're a weird team.

Two of our roster's biggest weaknesses are left tackle and stopping tight ends.

The Raiders have the best edgerusher in the league and two very good tight ends.

That's all besides the point though. If we're going to go results-based, then all you need to do is sort the teams in the NFL by record. But we don't do that. Because we know that despite Lamar playing like an MVP right now, and Mahomes making tons of boneheaded plays and horrible throws, we know which one will have his act together in January.

I would personally pick KC over Baltimore, and probably anybody right now. But Baltimore is right there.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:18 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
The Chiefs averaged an entire yard per play better than the Ravens.

The Chiefs ****ed around and didn’t slam the door. The Ravens were luckier to be in that game at all as opposed to the Chiefs being lucky to have won it.
Nick Bolton looked horrific that entire game, too.

Now that Bolton's in playing shape, I wonder if they can rake us with TEs as well as they (and the Bengals) did.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:24 AM Today
It's not unreasonable to show the Vikings and Ravens ahead of us -- we did literally just beat them by a toe. I think most of us in here didn't feel too good about the Ravens going for 2 until it was announced Likely was out of bounds.

The Lions... I'm not crazy about them being ahead of us. Hutchinson is not just another injury. That's a really, really bad injury specifically for that defensive roster.

But if the Chiefs aren't ranked in the top 3, I don't know what you're doing.

Edit: changed are to aren't
1. Better than losing to them by a toe.
2. Even had they scored that TD they still would’ve need the 2PT conversion which there was no guarantee they make.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:25 AM Today
I'd have the Chiefs higher had they lost 1 or 2

[Reply]
Bowser 11:26 AM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I'd like to hear an explanation of why the Chiefs aren't as good as their record says, considering we had the toughest first 5 games out of everybody...
The entire world suffering from Chiefs Fatigue Syndrome, basically.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:26 AM Today
"The Ravens are built for January" is a peak CP Outdated Hot Take.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:27 AM Today
I'll be surprised if Henry and Lamar make it through the year without injury.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I'll be surprised if Henry and Lamar make it through the year without injury.
They're running the shit out of Henry right now, and Lamar is one hard tackle from being sidelined.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up