ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>Civilization 7
GloucesterChief 05:09 PM 06-07-2024

Gameplay showcase coming in August.
[Reply]
wazu 08:57 AM 08-22-2024
Love Civilization and it's still in my rotation after all these years. Can't wait for 7.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 03:54 PM 08-22-2024
Not enough epic battles on this series since 4. EU 4 has the best balance between diplomacy, building an empire, and war anyway. Play that instead....
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 04:35 PM 08-22-2024
This is a series that can just expect my money every time they release the next version.

Wife and I had several thousand hours logged in the game. We would play via local LAN vs the computer. At first I would absolutely wreck her but after a while she got good at the game and won several times.

I haven't loaded the game in 2.5 years though so Civ 7 will be me coming back to the game. Won't be the same though without her talking shit to me across the room. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 06:25 PM 08-22-2024
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
This is a series that can just expect my money every time they release the next version.

Wife and I had several thousand hours logged in the game. We would play via local LAN vs the computer. At first I would absolutely wreck her but after a while she got good at the game and won several times.

I haven't loaded the game in 2.5 years though so Civ 7 will be me coming back to the game. Won't be the same though without her talking shit to me across the room. :-)
Hope it brings back some good memories for you.:-)
[Reply]
hometeam 08:03 PM 08-22-2024
watch the 28 minute explanation of the actual game. The launch trailer does not explain what they have done with the gameplay. They have tied everything to leaders and are selling cosmetics for them.. you cannot even keep your civ or play civs through different eras, you can play certain civs, in certain 'ages', and then you switch to another civ.. looks like only a few civs per 'age' , and even fewer that each civ leader can switch too..

Its sort of like Humankind if you have seen or playied that. Absolute terrible decision to arrange the game in this way. Based on what they are saying, there will be no modding out of it either, as each civ can only be played in certain ages, so the artwork for other agers is not present. They are getting obliterated all over the internet.

Not only that but we are looking at a 120 dollar game, w/battlepass + dlcs, leader cosmetics.. the civilization ship has sailed. At least we can still play civ 6.

civ 7 is DOA.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:03 PM 08-22-2024
The "leaders" thing has always been the dumbest part of the game and the sole reason I quit every version. Plus no custom rulers is criminal. Should be kings, dictators, president's that change over time/depending on government not some cartoon gods with lame catch phrases
[Reply]
Loneiguana 12:26 PM 08-23-2024
3 ages total.
Switch civs each age.
Simplified tech tree.

It better improve on the AI.

/it wont.
[Reply]
wazu 08:01 PM 08-25-2024
PotatoMcWhiskey got to play it. A great early review.

[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up