ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>When do you have enough weapons . . .
Misplaced_Chiefs_Fan 10:30 AM 07-03-2024
. . . or does it ultimately boil down to "Is your quarterback good enough?"

I see the Bills fans trying to argue that Josh Allen would be good enough to be Patrick Mahomes if he "only had more weapons."

Now, the Ravens fans are making the same excuses. But Mark Schlereth isn't buying in. . .

Have the Ravens not given Lamar Jackson enough offensive weapons? Former Super Bowl champion calls 'bulls---'

The excuses are running thin for Lamar Jackson and the Baltimore Ravens in the eyes of three-time Super Bowl champion Mark Schlereth. The former Broncos great turned NFL analyst recently put Jackson in the crosshairs, specifically dismissing the idea that the Ravens have not given him weapons throughout his career.

While highlighting how many weapons the Ravens have brought in throughout Jackson's tenure, he also noted that it's on the two-time NFL MVP to help develop those players into viable contributors.

"I do not want to hear from all of you out there that are telling me that Lamar Jackson, 'Well, they don't get him weapons,'" Schlereth said on The Stinkin Truth podcast.

Rest of article hidden
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Lzen 12:48 PM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Alex just needs more weapons
/Thread

:-):-):-):-)
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:49 PM 07-03-2024
Yet their fans splooge over guys like that turd Likely
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:51 PM 07-03-2024
Pat won the AFC Championship Game with MVS, Marcus Kemp, and Skyy Moore leading the way at WR.

The only time Pat truly ran out of weapons was when we were down to 1.5 or so NFL-caliber OL.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:51 PM 07-03-2024
Zay! O Dell! MAndrew's! Isaiah! Bateman! Studs!Unstoppable!

Lamar's accuracy issues are fixed! Metrics! The numbers say he's elite in the pocket!

That's all they mumbled before our playoff game
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:55 PM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by KCJake:
Lamar doesn't have what it takes to win in big games. Regardless of the talent he has around him. Anyone that has some football knowledge and is being honest with themselves will tell you this.
Neither do Josh Allen or Joe Burrow.
[Reply]
Rausch 02:27 PM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Neither do Josh Allen or Joe Burrow.
I think, in an alternate reality where he was able to beat Mahomes, Allen would go on to win a SB. I don't think anyone in the NFC would top him.

And I think Burro, Allen, and Stroud are better than Jackson. Soon they'll all regularly beat him in the playoffs. Stroud has the opportunity to be really special.

I don't think Allen can't win a SB - I think he can't beat Mahomes...
[Reply]
|Zach| 02:30 PM 07-03-2024
I think Burrow, Allen, and to a lesser degree Jackson are amazing SB worthy QB's.

I just think they came around in an era where the best football player in the history of the NFL was around.

I honestly believe both those things are true. Some really amazing potential careers are getting muted because of a legend.
[Reply]
philfree 02:30 PM 07-03-2024
No matter what we do with our roster Mahomes is the weapon. He's the big gun that destroys our enemies.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:50 PM 07-03-2024
Last year was probably the Ravens best shot at a SB in the LameArm era. And it ended like most playoff games, with Mahomes going to the next round!
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:08 PM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
I think Burrow, Allen, and to a lesser degree Jackson are amazing SB worthy QB's.

I just think they came around in an era where the best football player in the history of the NFL was around.

I honestly believe both those things are true. Some really amazing potential careers are getting muted because of a legend.
Nope. They're choking piece of shits until proven otherwise
[Reply]
Megatron96 08:26 PM 07-03-2024
More/better weapons obviously increase the chances of winning. Just look at purdy. How would he look without all those weapons? Well, we know already that without CMC, SF scores 6-7 points less per game. When Mahomes had Tyreek, Sammy, Travis and Kareem Hunt, the Chiefs scored 35+ points per game. Without Tyreek and Sammy, that dropped to 24 points pe game?

Or, flip it. Put either Josh Allen/Joe Burrow under center SF last season. They probably both win that SB. Even Lamar could probably win a SB with all the weapons that SF has had the last couple seasons.

Of course, the piece we're not talking about is coaching. It's not just having the best weapons. Coaching plays a huge part in winning at the highest level as well. Andy and Spags are probably as necessary to the Chiefs winning the last two SBs as any player or group of players.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:35 PM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:

They're all in the wrong conference.

If any of them were in the NFC, they could be mentioned in the same breath as NFC greats like Brock Purdy, Jimmy Garoppolo, Cam Newton, Matt Ryan, Jared Goff.... they could make the NFCCG without ever beating a team with 10+ wins and be looked upon like they've accomplished something amazing.

But, they're in the AFC where football is hard.
[Reply]
Chief_N_Bama 08:36 PM 07-03-2024
Once you get paid +$45MM/year your “weapons” excuse goes out of the window. You’re paid to be a force multiplier. So, if a qb need “more weapons” then they should receive “less money”. And I felt this way about Mahomes last year. The best “weapon” an elite qb can have is an elite defense.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 08:52 PM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chief_N_Bama:
Once you get paid +$45MM/year your “weapons” excuse goes out of the window. You’re paid to be a force multiplier. So, if a qb need “more weapons” then they should receive “less money”. And I felt this way about Mahomes last year. The best “weapon” an elite qb can have is an elite defense.
Exactly. Look at the weapons Tua has, and he still hasn’t done shit. Now they’re about to have to pay him, and I doubt he takes a team friendly deal.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:52 PM 07-03-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Coleman is going to be a stud. Watch.
Bust confirmed.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up