ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>McCaffrey gets new deal averaging $19 million
RunKC 11:30 AM 06-04-2024
These deals this off-season have been nuts. Insane that he is higher up than Kelce in AAV

The 49ers once traded second, third, fourth, and fifth-round picks to Carolina for Christian McCaffrey.

In 22 total games with San Francisco, McCaffrey has totaled 2,711 rushing yards, 1,241 receiving yards, and 39 total touchdowns.

And now he gets a contract extension through… https://t.co/HXEnAGurul

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) June 4, 2024

[Reply]
Pablo 01:02 PM 06-04-2024
Remember in the SB when he fumbled the ball on that long drive and Karlaftis recovered it???

I'm sure he does!!
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:04 PM 06-04-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Remember in the SB when he fumbled the ball on that long drive and Karlaftis recovered it???

I'm sure he does!!

Yeah but that fumble was way more valuable than other fumbles!!!!
[Reply]
In58men 01:05 PM 06-04-2024

Christian McCaffrey's new contract info is not yet out. Contrary to some tweets I've seen, we don't know how it'll impact the 49ers' salary-cap situation in the short or long term. I have predicted that SF will open up some 2024 space

— David Lombardi (@LombardiHimself) June 4, 2024

[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 01:06 PM 06-04-2024
Paying a 28 year old RB that money, yikes.
[Reply]
Bump 01:10 PM 06-04-2024
its a 2 year deal and he was almost MVP last season, I wouldn't have a problem with it
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:13 PM 06-04-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
its a 2 year deal and he was almost MVP last season, I wouldn't have a problem with it

Until…. SNAP!

And then everybody screams, “OHHH THE HUUUMAAAANITY!!!! Who could have seen this coming?! Aaaaauuugggh!!!”
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:53 PM 06-04-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
With CMC SF scores nearly a TD more per game. They're 22-5 with CMC, vs. about 50% win rate without him. Their 3rd down conversion rate is 47% with McCaffrey, 40% without. He even seems to help out the defense, with opposing teams scoring more than 5 points less when CMC plays (22.6/17.2).

And then of course the fact that he averages almost 20 TDs/season.

It's a lot of $$$, but really SF had to pay him. Without him they weren't getting to the SB. He's the most important, and indispensable, piece on that offense.
He was already getting paid though. He now gets an extra $4MM per year the next 2 years and an extension.
[Reply]
O.city 01:56 PM 06-04-2024
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
He was already getting paid though. He now gets an extra $4MM per year the next 2 years and an extension.
He was outperforming his deal to an extent they kinda had to do something.

Similar to the Chiefs and Mahomes last year.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:01 PM 06-04-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
He was outperforming his deal to an extent they kinda had to do something.

Similar to the Chiefs and Mahomes last year.
He was already the highest paid RB in the NFL.

Mahomes wasn't the highest paid QB and he had already won 2 SBs and 2 MVP's.

These are not the same.
[Reply]
notorious 02:01 PM 06-04-2024
Good.

Fuck em’.
[Reply]
Megatron96 02:02 PM 06-04-2024

Meh, if I were a SF fan I wouldn't have any issues with him getting paid. Less than I do about JJ getting his $$$. I didn't hear that he was unhappy with his contract, but I haven't been paying real close attention to SF since the SB either.

And CMC, as an elite RB and a great receiver, is worth the $$$, where a lot of these guys that just got paid probably aren't.
[Reply]
Marcellus 02:10 PM 06-04-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Meh, if I were a SF fan I wouldn't have any issues with him getting paid. Less than I do about JJ getting his $$$. I didn't hear that he was unhappy with his contract, but I haven't been paying real close attention to SF since the SB either.

And CMC, as an elite RB and a great receiver, is worth the $$$, where a lot of these guys that just got paid probably aren't.
Not my $, not my team, but I think its dumb to pay a RB that kind of $.

A soon as he has a predictable season where he misses 8-9 games everyone will say the same thing.
[Reply]
Hoover 02:11 PM 06-04-2024
Next up: Injury
[Reply]
O.city 02:19 PM 06-04-2024
He was already the highest paid RB in the NFL.

Mahomes wasn't the highest paid QB and he had already won 2 SBs and 2 MVP's.

These are not the same.
2k yards and 22 TD's would be outpacing what he was being paid on a deal signed a few years ago.

Similar to how Pat was out playing his deal.
[Reply]
O.city 02:21 PM 06-04-2024
He' could easily be a 1k yard receiver at RB as well.

A normal RB? No, don't pay those.

With what he can do? Yeah, if he stays healthy he's worth the $.

Health is the issue.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 13
< 12 345612 > Last »
Up