ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should we be more worried about the Jets?
gordonelloyd 08:23 PM 07-09-2024
In an earlier thread, I asked who should we be most worried about and concluded that the Jets were number four behind Cincinnati Baltimore and Buffalo. I said that depended on if Rogers returns to his MVP form of 3 years ago.

In reading PFF assessment of strengths of each team I am rethinking the jets. Obviously it all depends on Rogers still. But it is noteworthy that PFF ranks the Jets defence top in the NFL in all three categories: DL, LB, and DB. And the assessment is hard to argue with. at most, they would probably drop a place or two. So very formidable.

On offense, I realized their line had improved, but was struck by PFF grading them at number five. And it was probably smart for them too add depth to their line with their first round draft pick instead of going for a receiver. PFF actually ranks there RB lower than I would. I think Hall is probably only behind McCaffrey. They also rank their receivers fairly low, although Wilson could be among the best and Williams if healthy will be a great addition. And Rogers can make everyone much better. I think they could’ve done a better job in the draft adding to their WR group. Not sure Corley was the best pic at number three. But we will see.

We know Mahomes can beat Allan and Jackson so I am not so worried about Buffalo and Baltimore. I’ve always been most worried about Cincinnati because we know Burroughs can beat us, but Rogers is an unknown quantity. And it looks like he has a better supporting cast than I had realized.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:07 PM 07-09-2024
He went to the Nile to snort crushed scarabs. So he can compete in the Brokedick Olympics with the Steelers and maybe the Browns
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:07 PM 07-09-2024
We're the Chiefs. We don't worry about jack shit.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:09 PM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
We do need to play the Jets in the playoffs though. It's one of the 5 remaining AFC teams he needs to beat.
It's hilarious that three of those teams are our division opponents.

Thus, I believe it's an achievement he won't attain in his career. Because those three teams all suck elephant dick.
[Reply]
cmh6476 09:29 PM 07-09-2024
Is mecole still with them?
[Reply]
notorious 09:33 PM 07-09-2024
They played us to the wire last year with a piece of shit at quarterback.

Worry? No. Aware of the Jets? Yes
[Reply]
Bump 09:35 PM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
They played us to the wire last year with a piece of shit at quarterback.

Worry? No. Aware of the Jets? Yes
that dude had the game of his life. Mahomes just brings out the best in everyone.
[Reply]
notorious 09:38 PM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by Bump:
that dude had the game of his life. Mahomes just brings out the best in everyone.
Yes he did. It’s frustrating how that works.
[Reply]
BossChief 09:47 PM 07-09-2024
The ONLY team that has any chance at beating this Chiefs team is this Chiefs team.
[Reply]
Mecca 10:48 PM 07-09-2024
They spent a ton of money on their OL, if that investment pays off and Rodgers is kept healthy they'll win that division.
[Reply]
Dante84 11:01 PM 07-09-2024
I think the Bills fall off a bit this year; the Ravens stay in it, the Bengals will go as Joe's wrist goes, Dolphins will win enough to be relevant, and the Texans will continue to ascend.

My pre-camp AFC playoff teams probably go as follows:

1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Texans
4. Dolphins
5. Bengals
6. Jags
7. Bills or Jets
[Reply]
Demonpenz 11:04 PM 07-09-2024
We should be more worried about your thread staring privileges
[Reply]
T-post Tom 12:10 AM 07-10-2024
Fuck no. They have a shitty coach and a flaky old QB.
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:13 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
I think the Bills fall off a bit this year; the Ravens stay in it, the Bengals will go as Joe's wrist goes, Dolphins will win enough to be relevant, and the Texans will continue to ascend.

My pre-camp AFC playoff teams probably go as follows:

1. Chiefs
2. Ravens
3. Texans
4. Dolphins
5. Bengals
6. Jags
7. Bills or Jets
I'd go:
Chiefs
Bengals
Ravens
Bills
Dolphins
Texans
Jets

I could see the Texans missing the playoffs. The perfect trifecta of the "Sophmore slump"... Texans coaching staff and second year studs.

I guess the Jags could turn some heads, I just don't like that Lawrence looks like an Avatar character.
[Reply]
ChiefsFan88 01:00 AM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by cmh6476:
Is mecole still with them?
No, Mecoe is on the Chiefs now
[Reply]
ChiefsFan88 01:01 AM 07-10-2024
Start worrying when the Jets hire a good coach, Saleh sucks
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up