ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Don't buy a Chromebook
Bob Dole 03:27 PM Today
What a giant piece of shit.

Today alone, it's restarted itself 9 times, the 9th just at kickoff. And of course, it now won't let me login because it cannot verify my password or PIN. This is the 6th time this has happened, and nothing other than time seems to be capable of correcting the issue.

The most frustrating device I have ever had the misfortune of owning.

As a bonus, the only audio feed I was able to find quickly on my phone, is the fucking Raiders radio network.
[Reply]
UteChief 05:54 PM Today
Why would you buy one. I’gld get the cheap iPad.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:57 PM Today
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Chromebooks have their place. Is it just a mobile media display device? Perfect. Do you work strictly off Google Docs? Perfect. Is it just a web browser? Perfect. "Computer" for a kid? Perfect.

For anything more than than... get a real computer.
All I do with it is web browse. That's why I bought a $60 laptop.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 05:58 PM Today
Originally Posted by UteChief:
Why would you buy one. I’gld get the cheap iPad.
I prefer having an actual keyboard.
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:05 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
How about an actual working keyboard
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 06:06 PM Today
PM Babu Dolghandi
[Reply]
ptlyon 06:07 PM Today
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
dont get the ones with the glass or plastic screen covers.
What do they make them out of? Cellophane?
[Reply]
UteChief 06:39 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Can’t type if you can’t log in
[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 06:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by Wallcrawler:
Bro. You need an intervention. Buying Chromebook, listening to Raiders Radio....this behavior is not ok.
^ that was pretty funny. 9.5 funny
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 06:58 PM Today
Send Bob Dole a PM....Oh wait....
[Reply]
Fishels 07:10 PM Today
Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz:
Yeah its a big joke. If you're getting a Laptop, get one with an actual operating system and not the pretend Chrome OS they put on those things.
What brand would you recommend ?
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:19 PM Today
Geeezzzz I know you haven’t been doing I.T. For awhile but you should still
Have enough smarts to not buy a Chromebook. They are for shit.
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:48 PM Today
Originally Posted by Fishels:
What brand would you recommend ?
I just bought a retirement laptop and decided to go back to the Apple world. I bought a 15" Mac Air.

Holy cow. This thing is magic. It's light as a feather, and it's silent as an owl at night. It has no fan, so it's completely silent. And then atop that, the battery lasts forever. I'm no longer tethered to an outlet. I just charge it at night and don't worry about the battery during the day. I'm very happy with this purchase.
[Reply]
Munson 08:09 PM Today
I'm still using the same Acer Chromebook I bought 5 years ago for $300, and it's still going strong. All I ever use it for is internet browsing and watching YouTube videos.

I used to be all about Macbooks, but got tired of spending $1000 every 2 or 3 years.
[Reply]
ptlyon 08:12 PM Today
Congrats on your retirement RM!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I just bought a retirement laptop and decided to go back to the Apple world. I bought a 15" Mac Air.

Holy cow. This thing is magic. It's light as a feather, and it's silent as an owl at night. It has no fan, so it's completely silent. And then atop that, the battery lasts forever. I'm no longer tethered to an outlet. I just charge it at night and don't worry about the battery during the day. I'm very happy with this purchase.
Macs are great. I still use my 2010 IMac daily and love my PowerBook Pro. Everything talks to everything, including our phones.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up