ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>3 headed rushing backfield
Mr. Wizard 09:29 AM 09-04-2024
I am intrigued by our new 3 headed power rushing backfield with Pacheco, Perine and Steele. However, I worry that Andy just will not stick to a power rushing gameplan.

In 2023
CHIEFS 1784 TOTAL RUSHING YARDS
OPPONENTS 1925 TOTAL RUSHING YARDS
CHIEFS RUSHING ATTEMPTS 417 - 4.3 PER ATTEMPT
OPPONENTS RUSHING ATTEMPTS 432 - 4.5

What do you think our rushing yards, attempts and per attempt will be this year?

In 2024
CHIEFS ______ TOTAL RUSHING YARDS
OPPONENTS _______ TOTAL RUSHING YARDS
CHIEFS RUSHING ATTEMPTS ____ - _____ PER ATTEMPT
OPPONENTS RUSHING ATTEMPTS ______ - _______
[Reply]
bobhill 11:50 AM 09-04-2024
Marty Ball Baby!!!
[Reply]
BWillie 11:51 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
I am intrigued by our new 3 headed power rushing backfield with Pacheco, Perine and Steele. However, I worry that Andy just will not stick to a power rushing gameplan.

In 2023

What do you think our rushing yards, attempts and per attempt will be this year?

In 2024
CHIEFS ______ TOTAL RUSHING YARDS
OPPONENTS _______ TOTAL RUSHING YARDS
CHIEFS RUSHING ATTEMPTS ____ - _____ PER ATTEMPT
OPPONENTS RUSHING ATTEMPTS ______ - _______
Hard to be a power running team when you almost always operate outta shotgun. I do NOT hope we run very much but I hope we run MORE on short yardage and do NOT run out of shotgun as much in these downs. With Steele and Perine now we have a better opportunity to do that.
[Reply]
Straight, No Chaser 12:26 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mr. Wizard:
Originally Posted by loochy:
Why in God's name would he stick to a power rushing gameplan? Have you seen our receiving corps? Our QB? C'mon man, wtf?
This is a pass first team in a pass first league.

Three Yards and a Cloud of Dust Schottenheimer agrees :-):-):-)
[Reply]
PHOG 12:35 PM 09-04-2024
Chiefs in 2024 rushing:

[Reply]
loochy 12:47 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Hard to be a power running team when you almost always operate outta shotgun. I do NOT hope we run very much but I hope we run MORE on short yardage and do NOT run out of shotgun as much in these downs. With Steele and Perine now we have a better opportunity to do that.

I just hope we run effectively. We can't be getting stuffed on 3rd and 1 and we have to get 4+ on first downs.
[Reply]
Okchief80 12:48 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Andy has not, will not, and should not go with a power running game plan. He's got Patrick Mahomes. Also I want no part of a "3 headed rushing backfield". I want Pacheco to be the RB on most drives, Steele should get a couple of drives to give him a breather, and Perine can have a few 3rd down plays. Snap distribution should be like this

Pacheco gets 65%-75%
Steele gets 20%-25%
Perine gets 5%-10%

Pacheco needs the bulk, because he eventually breaks a long one and I think he does better when he gets a feel for things.
I would like to lighten the pacheco workload to keep him healthy for the playoffs. 55-60%.
[Reply]
In58men 01:31 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
I don’t see Steele getting a lot of work. Realistically this is probably a 2 headed attack.
Steele will play when the game is out of reach or we’re just moving the ball effortlessly on offense. I don’t see him getting much reps.
[Reply]
myselff77 01:43 PM 09-04-2024
Why in God's name would he stick to a power rushing gameplan?
I'm assuming what is meant by power rushing gameplan, that when it is 2nd/3rd and 1, everyone would be confident that the run game could just drive straight forward and pick up the first down without the need for a bunch of strange formations, movements, or gimmicks. I'm all for it.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 01:46 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Steele will play when the game is out of reach or we’re just moving the ball effortlessly on offense. I don’t see him getting much reps.
Let him have it on 3rd and short. We've sucked hard on 2nd and 3rd and short. Steele might be the answer.
[Reply]
loochy 01:47 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by myselff77:
I'm assuming what is meant by power rushing gameplan, that when it is 2nd/3rd and 1, everyone would be confident that the run game could just drive straight forward and pick up the first down without the need for a bunch of strange formations, movements, or gimmicks. I'm all for it.

Oh, well yeah...I cringe in those short yardage situations when I start seeing a ton of shifts and movement, then it gets blown up in the backfield (or a false start). I know it's blasphemy after what happened that game against Green Bay, but I'd like to see the sneak put back in the playbook *runs and takes cover*
[Reply]
BWillie 02:57 PM 09-04-2024
I just hope we run effectively. We can't be getting stuffed on 3rd and 1 and we have to get 4+ on first downs.
We should almost never, ever run on 1st down unless we are winning by 2+ TDs
[Reply]
RunKC 03:06 PM 09-04-2024
There’s going to be a lot of opportunities on 1st/2nd down where it’s cover 2/3 and the safeties are lining up deep bc of Hollywood/Worthy.

Andy should absolutely run the ball on some of those downs bc the boxes will be super light.

He did that pretty well in 2022 and I expect it to happen again
[Reply]
Mr. Wizard 03:12 PM 09-04-2024
This team will be unbeatable if we can run the ball effectively. Helps the passing game, helps the defense. I didn’t think we would ever keep a fullback again but I was wrong. I didn’t think they could find a better third down back than McKinnon but I was wrong. This team with an ability to consistently run the ball opens up so many passing yards it’s crazy. Plus it keeps mahomes healthy and Kelce young.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:15 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
There’s going to be a lot of opportunities on 1st/2nd down where it’s cover 2/3 and the safeties are lining up deep bc of Hollywood/Worthy.

Andy should absolutely run the ball on some of those downs bc the boxes will be super light.

He did that pretty well in 2022 and I expect it to happen again
Nope. Because that takes away from a play we could pass.
[Reply]
loochy 03:43 PM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
We should almost never, ever run on 1st down unless we are winning by 2+ TDs
Not a fan of RRPP?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up