ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Does anyone know Vrabel's 40 time?
SenselessChiefsFan 07:47 AM 03-02-2009
I personally believe that Tamba Hali will be an absolute stud in the 3-4 defense. I think he is similar to Mike Vrabel in that he never gives up on a play. He is very active and gives himself fully to the cause.

I have read that Hali is 'too slow'. Does anyone know what Vrabel's 40 yard dash time was? Or any of his drills? I am just wondering how they stack up to Hali's.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:21 AM 03-02-2009
Lets put Glenn Dorsey at MLB while we're at it.
[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 08:24 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
Turned out to be an EXTREMELY good football player. 40 times are just a measuring device to try to help assess a player that you're projecting into the NFL from college. They're not very useful for evaluating existing NFL players.
The point was to compare it to Hali.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:25 AM 03-02-2009
Why can't we just admit Tamba Hali is a shitty player that was part of the worst pass rush in NFL history and move on?

Why do we always have to have some affair with keeping some underachieving first round pick for 10 years?
[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 08:27 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
There is no way I believe this is a legit screen name. This has to be a spoof or something. No way can one human being be this ****ing stupid.

Tamba Hali a stud in a 3-4?

I can't stop laughing.
Just remember this during the upcoming season. Hey, I may be dead wrong. But, I think it will be far closer to me than you.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:28 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by SensibleChiefsfan:
Just remember this during the upcoming season. Hey, I may be dead wrong. But, I think it will be far closer to me than you.
Yea just like the guy who wanted to bet Hali would get 10 sacks this year too...if you put Hali out there at OLB you are going to get absolutely killed. He's slow and stiff he couldn't hang with a FB in coverage.
[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 08:28 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
This guy's going to be disappointed when they either cut Hali or have him put on 25 pounds and play him at end.
First, there is no way that Hali gets cut. He is exactly the kind of player that the new Chiefs regime will covet.

Second, there is no way the Chiefs will tell him to add weight and play end.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 08:29 AM 03-02-2009
Based on what exactly?

A DE, who is often injured, who is too slow to play in coverage as an OLB, and has never had high sack totals?

You think he's going to be a stud in a scheme he's never played in before?

When we cut his ass, will you leave this board for good?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:30 AM 03-02-2009
First, there is no way that Hali gets cut. He is exactly the kind of player that the new Chiefs regime will covet.

They covet guys who don't fit their scheme properly?

So you are calling them dumb?
[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 08:31 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Why can't we just admit Tamba Hali is a shitty player that was part of the worst pass rush in NFL history and move on?

Why do we always have to have some affair with keeping some underachieving first round pick for 10 years?
Because, he isn't. It really is that simple.

There is no way he is a 'shitty' player. At the very least, he is a solid starter, if not a difference maker.

But, in the 3-4, I think he will be a stud.
[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 08:32 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy:
Based on what exactly?

A DE, who is often injured, who is too slow to play in coverage as an OLB, and has never had high sack totals?

You think he's going to be a stud in a scheme he's never played in before?

When we cut his ass, will you leave this board for good?
If we don't cut his ass, will YOU leave?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:32 AM 03-02-2009
He is not a 3-4 player I swear...

Even Chiefzilla agreed with me about this, you are literally the only person on earth who thinks he can play OLB.
[Reply]
SenselessChiefsFan 08:33 AM 03-02-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
They covet guys who don't fit their scheme properly?

So you are calling them dumb?
No, they knew better than to draft Sanchez... so, definitely not dumb.

I think you are dumb for not thinking that Hali will fit the scheme. But, then again, you thought Sanchez was worth the #3 pick... so, I guess I should take your opinions with a grain of salt.
[Reply]
keg in kc 08:33 AM 03-02-2009
Yeah, I'm sure they'd never do that. I mean, it's not like he played DT at Penn State, or like he struggled with both pass rushing and against the run at DE in the pros. I mean, it's like he's a carbon copy of Shawne "roidman" Merriman.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:34 AM 03-02-2009
I'm sorry you can spout any view you want but acting like Tamba Hali will excel in the 3-4 is like thinking Chad Pennington would be great in a downfield passing attack.

Seriously anyone that has watched Hali for more than 10 minutes should be able to quickly look at you and tell you there's no way he can play OLB.

Guess actually watching someone is to much to ask.
[Reply]
The Bad Guy 08:34 AM 03-02-2009
If we don't cut his ass, will YOU leave?
You are the douchebag with the completely laughable screen name and posts.

Hali is exactly the type of player the Patriots covet?

Based on what?

Tamba Hali wouldn't even be a 3rd DE or 3rd OLB on the Patriots rosters.

He was a reach in 2006 when everyone thought he was at best a 2nd round pick, and he has proven that EVERYONE was right.

He sucks, and you suck.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up