ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Call your shot: WR distribution
chiefzilla1501 06:10 AM Today
What does the distribution look like in week 5 and beyond (assuming no changes)
[Reply]
BWillie 07:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
What does the distribution look like in week 5 and beyond (assuming no changes)
Watson may end up leading the team in WR yards (if Hollywood & Rice are out the entire year and we don't make a move)

NOT counting Kelce. Just the WRs
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:48 AM Today
Kelce, obviously - we saw that as soon as Rice went down. Worthy will be the key, though. He needs down field targets to open the offense up.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:00 AM Today
Every receiver gets 69 yards lmfao
[Reply]
RunKC 08:02 AM Today
They need to get Worthy more involved. He’s good and he’s ready
[Reply]
threebag 08:06 AM Today
Skyy’s the limit
[Reply]
Monticore 08:24 AM Today
3 TE sets and run them out of nickel them exploit the matchup in the passing game with worthy out there Wiley/gray/ kelce should feast .
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by Monticore:
3 TE sets and run them out of nickel them exploit the matchup in the passing game with worthy out there Wiley/gray/ kelce should feast .
Yeah, or maybe they get more run out of fortson although I’m not sure he’s proven to be a consistent target. I think our script looks very similar to how we plodded through the first half of last season although juju is the reliable WR we didn’t have. Worthy eventually but I think this will feel more like the classic cowher offense of using him more as a vertical weapon once the defense has fallen asleep
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Kelce, obviously - we saw that as soon as Rice went down. Worthy will be the key, though. He needs down field targets to open the offense up.
I think so but when I think about last year when kelce was the only reliable guy early on, I feel like we really went heavy with 12/13 personnel fronts. At least in New Orleans have a feeling we’ll spend the whole half proving we don’t have to tunnel vision on kelce to move the ball. Question is, how will we adjust to new Orleans’ eventual adjustment
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:33 AM Today
Also, how does this dynamic change since these safety valves like hunt or gray might be used a lot more with chip help than last year. Maybe that makes fortson and juju our real X factors
[Reply]
O.city 08:36 AM Today
Why are you talking about Fortson, he's not even on the roster.

Maybe Wiley I guess.

Throw the ball to Worthy alot. Give him alot of targets. Good things happen.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
Why are you talking about Fortson, he's not even on the roster.

Maybe Wiley I guess.

Throw the ball to Worthy alot. Give him alot of targets. Good things happen.
I think once they know for sure what they’re doing with rice fortson will be the first person elevated. And it wouldn’t surprise me at all if given how much we might ask from a TE3 they may lean on a veteran. It’s actually not a bad use for his skill set.
[Reply]
VAChief 10:21 AM Today
I would like to see more heavy sets, (12 and 13 personnel). Rotating our 3 most reliable receivers in those sets and pound the ball off play action. In the Chargers game we caught them under matched and just pounded it down their throats in a hurry up without allowing them to change their personnel.

We should have a 3 WR rotation (Worthy, Watson, and Ju Ju) with Mecole as a brief breather as needed. That is going to require us to shift a little more to heavier sets, which Andy knows how to get the most out of if needed. Rotate Kareem and Perine to keep them fresh. Let Steele give a blow occasionally, but limit his snaps for now.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 10:36 AM Today
Worthy is going to need some rapid development, ala Rice last season, so that we can really lean into him by playoff time.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:40 AM Today
Worthy - 13 catches, 225 yards, 5 TD
Kelce - 5 catches, 56 yards
Watson - 4 catches, 97 yards, 1 TD
Hunt - 4 catches, 44 yards
Perine - 3 catches, 27 yards
Juju - 2 catches, 15 yards
Skyy - 1 catches, 12 yards
[Reply]
Boxer_Chief 10:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by ToxSocks:
Worthy is going to need some rapid development, ala Rice last season, so that we can really lean into him by playoff time.
Yep worthy needs to be last year’s rice. Feed him the ball and get him going. JuJu needs to be the second option with Watson 3rd.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up