ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Patrick Surtain II signs 4 year extension
-King- 08:15 AM 09-04-2024
Floor for McDuffie's deal will be $100mil with 80 guaranteed next year

BREAKING: The #Broncos and 1st-Team All-Pro CB Patrick Surtain II have agreed to a massive 4-year, $96M contract extension, with $77.5M guaranteed, per multiple sources.

Surtain becomes the highest-paid DB in NFL history. pic.twitter.com/c7F9C2Cr5F

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) September 4, 2024

[Reply]
ThrobProng 09:51 AM 09-04-2024
I guess they're going all in while their franchise QB is still on his rookie contract. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:19 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
With this new contract added to Russell Wilson's dead-cap hit, they probably have about $1.25 left to spend on the rest of the team.
That's still a pretty reasonable amount when you look at the talent there.
[Reply]
Mr. Kotter 10:21 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania:
Then it's very misleading...he was an Alabama player. Maybe it should change to graduate of...
Fair point.

Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That's still a pretty reasonable amount when you look at the talent there.
:-)
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
For that stat he's not, you'll continue to see it every SB.
Then it's a really stupid stat.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 09-04-2024
Then it's very misleading...he was an Alabama player. Maybe it should change to graduate of...
Most of these dudes don't graduate.

If you have to torture a stat that badly, just keep it in your pocket. It's dumb.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 11:01 AM 09-04-2024
Denver denvering.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:02 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Most of these dudes don't graduate.

If you have to torture a stat that badly, just keep it in your pocket. It's dumb.

I thought that when I typed it... either way, a guy spends 3 years at Bama and is in the NFL... he's a Bama guy, as well as a Sooner. You'll see so much of this now with the portal.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:05 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by BlackHelicopters:
Denver denvering.
No, that would have been keeping Russ... or signing Minshew rather than go in the draft and see what happens.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:06 AM 09-04-2024
I thought that when I typed it... either way, a guy spends 3 years at Bama and is in the NFL... he's a Bama guy, as well as a Sooner. You'll see so much of this now with the portal.
Takes 'Bama to two national championship games. Sets offensive records there as a true Freshman, wins SEC Offensive Player of the year at Alabama, makes the cover of SI in a 'Bama jersey.

Shit - the dude GRADUATED from Alabama. Got a Coms degree there.

Not an "Alabama Player"

Okaaaaaay....

Mecca gonna Mecca. Someone on the television told him something so he's just gonna sing that song like he was told...
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:07 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Takes 'Bama to two national championship games. Sets offensive records there as a true Freshman, wins SEC Offensive Player of the year at Alabama, makes the cover of SI in a 'Bama jersey.

Not an "Alabama Player"

Okaaaaaay....

Mecca gonna Mecca. Someone on the television told him something so he's just gonna sing that song like he was told...
I’d bet the actual stat is “drafted out of Alabama”.

Still a dumb stat, but I bet that’s the actual wording.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:10 AM 09-04-2024
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I’d bet the actual stat is “drafted out of Alabama”.

Still a dumb stat, but I bet that’s the actual wording.
Like I said, when you have to torture a stat like that, just don't bother with it.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:23 AM 09-04-2024
Found this... sounds like a CBS generated story.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...tinue-in-2024/

"You might be asking, didn't Jalen Hurts run for three touchdowns in last year's Super Bowl? He did, but because he finished his career at Oklahoma, Hurts doesn't count an an Alabama alum."

"Speaking of quarterbacks, the first three Super Bowl MVPs hailed from Alabama. Bart Starr led the Packers to the wins in the first two Super Bowls. Joe Namath followed suit by leading the greatest upset in NFL history in Super Bowl III. But neither player physically scored a point in those games. In January 1977, former Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler became the third Alabama quarterback to lead his team to a Super Bowl win. He threw a touchdown pass, but he didn't run for one, thus continuing the scoring drought. "

Such a bogus thing to throw out there... now that I've read this article, it's a lame thing to throw out. The article isn’t consistent when it mentions how Stabler and Hurts are disqualified
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:38 AM 09-04-2024
Surtain is in a great spot in Denver, because he almost never has to face an offense that's trying to come back from a deficit.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:54 PM 09-04-2024
I guess by that logic Jamaal Charles isn't considered a Chiefs player. The 2nd best TE of all time isn't considered a Chiefs player, but instead is a falcon.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:02 PM 09-04-2024
Found this... sounds like a CBS generated story.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/s...tinue-in-2024/

"You might be asking, didn't Jalen Hurts run for three touchdowns in last year's Super Bowl? He did, but because he finished his career at Oklahoma, Hurts doesn't count an an Alabama alum."

"Speaking of quarterbacks, the first three Super Bowl MVPs hailed from Alabama. Bart Starr led the Packers to the wins in the first two Super Bowls. Joe Namath followed suit by leading the greatest upset in NFL history in Super Bowl III. But neither player physically scored a point in those games. In January 1977, former Raiders quarterback Ken Stabler became the third Alabama quarterback to lead his team to a Super Bowl win. He threw a touchdown pass, but he didn't run for one, thus continuing the scoring drought. "

Such a bogus thing to throw out there... now that I've read this article, it's a lame thing to throw out. The article isn’t consistent when it mentions how Stabler and Hurts are disqualified
Top 10 in both Throwing AND Rushing (in both yards and touchdowns) for Alabama. Y'know, that rinky dink little program down south with no history to speak of.

Not an Alabama player.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up