ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs restructure Taylor
siberian khatru 06:16 AM Today

With cap space tight after the DeAndre Hopkins trade, the Chiefs restructured the contract of OT Jawaan Taylor by converting salary into a signing bonus, creating $5.3M in 2024 room.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) October 25, 2024

via GIPHY

[Reply]
digger 06:38 AM Today

[Reply]
staylor26 06:48 AM Today
Is it possible that they needed to do this for Hopkins and they don't make another move?
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:55 AM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Is it possible that they needed to do this for Hopkins and they don't make another move?
I was pretty sure he fit under the cap with Tits eating some salary. Maybe they just wanted some wiggle room? Seems like a lot to free up without a reason but WTF do I know?
[Reply]
SHOWTIME 07:01 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yeah there’s another move coming for sure.
Hoping it's Bakthiari...
[Reply]
wazu 07:05 AM Today
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
I was pretty sure he fit under the cap with Tits eating some salary. Maybe they just wanted some wiggle room? Seems like a lot to free up without a reason but WTF do I know?
Feels like I remember them doing a restructure last year that everybody got excited about, but it was just freeing up a few million for minor transactions and stuff. Would guess this is designed to give flexibility to trade for a relatively beneath the radar player as well as have breathing room for minor weekly transactions.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:07 AM Today
We need a corner. Hopefully it's for that.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:18 AM Today
Doesn’t seem like he could be on the team yesterday if he wasn’t fitting under the cap.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:22 AM Today
Marshon Lattimore was brought up by Verderame on That Football Show yesterday.

$1.2 million base salary this year. $16 million next year and $16.5 million the year after.

That would be a steal for that guy in terms of money
[Reply]
CupidStunt 07:28 AM Today
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Before the draft I was down for a corner. After 6 games, fuck that. LOAD UP on offense. "You can never have too many" corners, I mean edge rushers , NO - receivers!
[Reply]
ThrobProng 07:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Marshon Lattimore was brought up by Verderame on That Football Show yesterday.

$1.2 million base salary this year. $16 million next year and $16.5 million the year after.

That would be a steal for that guy in terms of money
I have to imagine the Saints F.O. is still a little salty about having to "settle" for Lattimore after losing out on Mahomes by one pick.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 07:38 AM Today
People are talking about CB but if we've learned anything about this team over the past five years is they don't like spending on corners. If they can get a young cheap one like Newsome from the Browns then maybe? But I think the bigger need might be DE tbh. Danna is banged up and no-one knows how Omenihu will look like when he returns.
[Reply]
nychief 07:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
Hoping it's Bakthiari...

Guys... Bakthiari is never playing football again, probably. He is washed.
[Reply]
DJJasonp 07:43 AM Today
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
People are talking about CB but if we've learned anything about this team over the past five years is they don't like spending on corners. If they can get a young cheap one like Newsome from the Browns then maybe? But I think the bigger need might be DE tbh. Danna is banged up and no-one knows how Omenihu will look like when he returns.
eh, we were also told screech doesnt sign WRs over 30 years old.
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Seems like a much bigger need than another WR which would just be a luxury, especially if Hollywood Brown is coming back sooner than later.
[Reply]
notorious 07:55 AM Today
Has a LT recently retired?
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up