ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach vindicated in Sneed trade
JohnnyV13 01:40 PM Yesterday
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ue-quad-injury

Apparently, Sneed missed the last game and will miss the next game due to a quad injury. Sneed was terrific last season while performing despite injury concerns. Given the status of his knee, a big contract was a bad investment. Further, the :-) ability to draft and develop DBs played a huge role in his decision-making.

Jaylen Watson was doing a great job replacing Sneed. While McDuffie was the one taking over the no. 1 corner job, it was Watson who moved into the lineup with Sneed's absence. Watson was a well above average corner before getting injured. Imagine the Chiefs cap situation if they tried to fit a deal for Sneed.

Would signing Trey Smith and Creed Humphry to extensions have been possible? I also doubt the CHiefs would now have the flexibility to add Hopkins. They had to get Tennessee to eat a lot of contract as it is. I think the Chiefs would have to have performed serious cap contortions to address the WR room if they had signed Sneed.
[Reply]
BlackOp 06:06 PM Yesterday
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
Yeah. I agree. I thought about posting something similar.
His players are the core members that created this dynasty...on par with the early 90's Cowboys.

Veach has filled in a LOT of excellent talent and his cap management smokes Dorsey...also his drive to fill in the back end of the roster is special.

It's a culmination of two excellent executives...but Dosey's players have been generational.
[Reply]
kccrow 07:10 AM Today
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Veach has been insanely good...but Dorsey drafted 4 first ballot HOF players and Kareem Hunt. That core is still driving this roster...it's once in a life-time. The picks from the Hill haul are playing key roles too thanks to Veach....but Hill's greatness provided the compensation.

JD also traded DOWN to nab Jones in the second.

This current team doesn't exists without Dorsey's fingerprints...
Exactly. This team doesn't win a SB without Dorsey's drafts.

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Yeah I don’t get the Dorsey hate. In kc and Cleveland he showed you gotta keep him in check. But outside the qb position he built two terrific rosters. And he’s under the radar built a terrific roster in Detroit.

We know we got the best gm in football right now in veach. So there isn’t reason to be insecure anymore that Dorsey is a hell of a personnel guy

Outside the QB position? He drafted Mahomes and Mayfield as a GM and had a hand in the drafting of Aaron Rodgers. Two of those will be in the HOF and the other is a QB you can get to the playoffs with.
[Reply]
TEX 07:22 AM Today
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Veach has been insanely good...but Dorsey drafted 4 first ballot HOF players and Kareem Hunt. That core is still driving this roster...it's once in a life-time. The picks from the Hill haul are playing key roles too thanks to Veach....but Hill's greatness provided the compensation.

JD also traded DOWN to nab Jones in the second.

This current team doesn't exists without Dorsey's fingerprints...
IMO there's a decent chance that Hunt gets in also, IF he would not have gotten in trouble and never left KC. Not 1st ballot, but if he stayed healthy, he'd have the numbers and hardware.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by TEX:
IMO there's a decent chance that Hunt gets in also, IF he would not have gotten in trouble and never left KC. Not 1st ballot, but if he stayed healthy, he'd have the numbers and hardware.
Huh? Kareem Hunt is not going to be inducted into the HOF.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:35 AM Today
Anyone really think it was John Dorsey that elected to draft Kelce? You guys realize that Andy knew about Travis years before he worked with Dorsey right? Jason Kelce was on his team in Philly and Andy’s shitbag son was a coach at Temple and his team regularly played against Kelce every year.

Andy said himself he saw Kareem Hunt on TV in his office watching the Mid-American football conference (Carson Steele too ironically).

And of course we all know who really found Mahomes and showed Andy his tape about 2 years before Patrick even declared for the NFL draft.

You guys have this twisted and give Dorsey too much credit.
[Reply]
RustShack 07:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Anyone really think it was John Dorsey that elected to draft Kelce? You guys realize that Andy knew about Travis years before he worked with Dorsey right? Jason Kelce was on his team in Philly and Andy’s shitbag son was a coach at Temple and his team regularly played against Kelce every year.

Andy said himself he saw Kareem Hunt on TV in his office watching the Mid-American football conference (Carson Steele too ironically).

And of course we all know who really found Mahomes and showed Andy his tape about 2 years before Patrick even declared for the NFL draft.

You guys have this twisted and give Dorsey too much credit.
It’s hard to say, there’s several people involved in the draft process.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:14 AM Today
Dorsey is fine where he's at now. A scout/consultant down the ladder a few rungs. I don't know if he'll ever get a chance to run his own show again.
[Reply]
TEX 08:16 AM Today
Originally Posted by RustShack:
Huh? Kareem Hunt is not going to be inducted into the HOF.
Of course not now. But my premise was tha had he stayed in Kansas City, instead of getting in trouble and being kicked off the team, he would have had the numbers and the hardware to be considered. That was my point.
[Reply]
notorious 08:27 AM Today
Does anyone have the feeling that Veech did the Tits a favor with Sneed, and they didn't bust our balls on Hopkins?

Veech cashed in a favor in Hopkins down the road...
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:33 AM Today
People go to great lengths to not give Dorsey credit for Mahomes and Kelce lol. Absolutely nuts. He’s clearly a high level evaluator but not cut out to run the show.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:57 AM Today
When you continue to produce secondary depth and All-pro talent at CB, you need to give Spags huge credit. Dude makes it seem like Madden and can plug and play anyone back there and still be hugely successful.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up