ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>What's a good alternative to Keurig
Lzen 09:14 AM 07-09-2024
Our Keurig duo just broke. This is the second one we've had (first one broke while still under warranty). I would like to hear some suggestions. Anything that will last longer, better quality, etc.? Or is this just the nature of these kinds of appliances?

Currently, I'm looking at this:

https://www.amazon.com/Ninja-CFP101-...en%2C84&sr=1-1
[Reply]
Marcellus 09:44 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by Jive Ass:
We use a Phillips L’or espresso/coffee machine. Pretty great so far, but only had it for about 5 months. Might depend on your preference for style of brew.
What Jive Ass said.
[Reply]
alanm 09:46 AM 07-09-2024
Mr Coffee and Foldgers. Why in hell would you brew up one cup at a time? Not to mention the price of those Keurig packets. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 09:51 AM 07-09-2024
I have had my Keurig K-cup for nearly 5 years.

I use bottled water only, clean often and have 4-6 cups over 8 hours. I use my own personal Kcups and fill with Decaf.

How long did the most recent one last?

What was the fail?
[Reply]
Whoarethechefs 10:01 AM 07-09-2024
I love my Moccamaster, its a little pricy, but its been bullet proof for 6 years and makes the best coffee every time, well depending on the beans lol, oh and its very fast , full pot in about 5 mins.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09NM...c3ce3718a&th=1
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:03 AM 07-09-2024
I just use a drip machine.

It’s summer now so I do cold brew.

If you don’t want that much coffee, you can do a French press or a pour over cup.

I’ve become a bit of a coffee snob. I have a post about it somewhere on here, but I went on a quest to find better coffee grounds, and ended up with buying whole beans and grinding them. There is just too much oxidation in pre ground stuff.

Even prior to that, drip coffee was still better than K Cups IMO.

My recommendation would be get a pour over rig, you can find them pretty cheap, like $20 cheap. If you like it better than the k cups then buy a grinder and start trying different kinds of beans.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:18 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

If you don’t want that much coffee, you can do a French press or a pour over cup.

I’ve become a bit of a coffee snob. I have a post about it somewhere on here, but I went on a quest to find better coffee grounds, and ended up with buying whole beans and grinding them. There is just too much oxidation in pre ground stuff.

My recommendation would be get a pour over rig, you can find them pretty cheap, like $20 cheap. If you like it better than the k cups then buy a grinder and start trying different kinds of beans.
I agree that grounds and using one of those screen alternatives is better. K-cups are just so convenient and quick.
[Reply]
Lzen 10:19 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by scho63:
I have had my Keurig K-cup for nearly 5 years.

I use bottled water only, clean often and have 4-6 cups over 8 hours. I use my own personal Kcups and fill with Decaf.

How long did the most recent one last?

What was the fail?
I think there is something to this. My friend does that and he's had his for several years.

My current one is about 3 years old. I think the heat element went out.
[Reply]
Dartgod 10:40 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Holy crap! $800 ? Thanks but there's no way I'm spending that on a coffee maker. I like my coffee but I am far from a connoisseur.

[Reply]
dmahurin 10:55 AM 07-09-2024
I got one of these a few months ago and love it. I can do a full pot or just a single cup on the side and it's not a K cup. Its just a smaller basket and brews just like the full size one.

https://www.amazon.com/Hamilton-Beac...f&gad_source=1
[Reply]
headsnap 11:01 AM 07-09-2024
start doing pour overs... just a takes couple minutes longer than a keurig, time well spent though!
[Reply]
kcmecker 11:09 AM 07-09-2024
Have had this for 3+ years. Love the versatility. https://a.co/d/08iqiNYv
[Reply]
Ocotillo 11:14 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Chew on coca leafs.
When I was in college, my friend went back to Peru to visit his family and he brought this box of coca tea back. The box was full of tea pouches with coca leaves. I couldn't believe he got that box through Customs.
[Reply]
threebag 11:17 AM 07-09-2024
Just do shots off a couple of Scho’s prostitute tits
[Reply]
RunKC 11:17 AM 07-09-2024
Be a man and buy and espresso machine damnit
[Reply]
ptlyon 11:19 AM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

A post this long in a more than a "bit" of a coffee snob :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 8
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up