Media Center>Gladiator 2 now filming
Hammock Parties 06:57 PM 07-01-2024

First look at Pedro Pascal in ‘GLADIATOR 2’

(Source: https://t.co/0rnS4zFGwH) pic.twitter.com/eVvoJx7y1P

— DiscussingFilm (@DiscussingFilm) July 1, 2024

[Reply]
dlphg9 05:09 PM 07-08-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Too easy and too white. That would take Disney/Marvel giving the fans exactly what they want.
Yeah JK and EB were by far the best choices for that role. That was an absolute no brainer.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:32 PM 07-09-2024
RIDLEY DON'T MISS

[Reply]
ThrobProng 03:45 PM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
RIDLEY DON'T MISS

A black man in a position of power? Hip hop? Riding a rhino?

Looks like another terrible sequel.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 04:32 PM 07-09-2024
Well, it'll be a spectacle, that's for sure.

After hearing Denzel's laugh, I was expecting him to follow up, "My RoMAN..."
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:56 PM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:

Songs used in trailers are not used in movies all the time. The score will be as epic as the first one, I'm sure.

This will be greatness.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:38 PM 07-09-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:

From everything I've read they were actually quite culturally diverse for their day and even had a half black roman emperor or something.
[Reply]
Cheater5 08:12 AM 07-10-2024
Songs used in trailers are not used in movies all the time. The score will be as epic as the first one, I'm sure.

This will be greatness.
Your track record on movie predictions is sub par at best, sir. That Gladiator II will be anywhere as good as the first is illogical to assume in 2024.

This, like the latest 'Mad Max' and Indiana Jones sequels will be largely forgotten six months after its release.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:00 AM 07-10-2024
IMO, Denzel brings a gravitas to this film not many others could. I might go see it for him alone, honestly. Well, him and watching a water battle in the middle of the Coliseum.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:52 AM 07-10-2024
I think this is Denzel’s first period piece..?

Never cared for Gladiator but I’ll probably watch this one at some point just to see.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 12:35 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I'm going to be forever annoyed how they didn't cast John Krasinski and Emily blunt as Reed and Susan Richards.
Seems like a ludicrous miss on casting.
[Reply]
GabyKeepsMeWarm 02:34 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
I think this is Denzel’s first period piece..?

Never cared for Gladiator but I’ll probably watch this one at some point just to see.
Oh my…. No sir. Dude’s been doing this for over 40 years. LOT of period pieces in there; Glory, Cry Freedom, A Soldier’s Story, Devil in a Blue Dress, Malcolm X just off the top of my head…. Annnnd, another Ridley Scott feature that I actually got the chance to work on, American Gangster.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:39 PM 07-10-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Oh my…. No sir. Dude’s been doing this for over 40 years. LOT of period pieces in there; Glory, Cry Freedom, A Soldier’s Story, Devil in a Blue Dress, Malcolm X just off the top of my head…. Annnnd, another Ridley Scott feature that I actually got the chance to work on, American Gangster.
Sorry. I should have been more specific.

I was thinking more along the lines of anciently historical. One of those types of flicks he’d have to put on one of those faux-British accents that we’re accustomed to seeing in anything set prior to 1900..
[Reply]
staylor26 02:58 PM 07-10-2024
RIDLEY DON'T MISS

Rap in a Gladiator trailer is a terrible choice :-)
[Reply]
In58men 03:00 PM 07-10-2024
Booty cheeks
[Reply]
Easy 6 07:06 PM 07-10-2024
Been hiding my heart from this one a little bit, not reading too many reviews or watching too many trailers, because I love the first one so much and want to see it done right again

But from what little I've bothered to read about this one, Mescal speaks in an English accent... and Denzel doesn't even bother with an accent, he's just American Denzel

Honestly hoping this is a worthy follow up, but some of what I'm reading doesn't sound so promising
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up