ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: What’s your final plan for new kickoffs?
Kick in the landing zone, defend kickoff return 7 14.58%
Kick out of the endzone, opposing team starts at 30 16 33.33%
Kick in landing zone to roll into endzone forcing touchback, opposing team starts at 20 25 52.08%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Where do we stand on the new kickoffs?
RunKC 12:02 PM 08-25-2024
What’s your plan for the new kickoffs?
[Reply]
DRM08 03:49 PM 08-25-2024
Not a fan of KC returning the kicks.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:53 PM 08-25-2024
I check the Vegas bookies to see what point spread is supposed to be and whether or not the refs are likely to throw a flag before deciding whether to kick it out of the end zone or not.

I'm maybe kidding.
[Reply]
Rain Man 04:29 PM 08-25-2024
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
Get rid of kickoffs.

A team starts on the 25 at each possession.

Onside kicks are allowed at all points in the game.......No you don't have to announce ahead of time that you're doing an onside kick.
If there are no kickoffs, when are teams doing onside kicks?
[Reply]
J Diddy 05:16 PM 08-25-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Remove onside kicks and replace it with a best of 7 match of paper, rock, scissors.
[Reply]
Megatron96 05:23 PM 08-25-2024
Originally Posted by J Diddy:
Remove onside kicks and replace it with a best of 7 match of paper, rock, scissors.

Fuck that. Naked blindfolded team thumb wrestling is where it's at.

I mean, if we're really going to cry this much about kickoffs and how we should just get rid of them, let's go all the way off the reservation and make it as arbitrary/nonsensical as possible.:-)
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:52 PM 08-25-2024
Just kick it through the end zone every time unless we’re trailing. Pretty sure most teams are going to be doing that given where the average returned kick was ending up in the preseason.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 05:54 PM 08-25-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Not a fan of KC returning the kicks.
And that too, we should be directing our returners to not return them wherever possible.

More returns=more fumbles=less ball in Mahomes’ hands
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 06:23 PM 08-25-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
LOL.

Good point.

No more onside kicks. It's a play that rarely works anyway.
[Reply]
J Diddy 06:44 PM 08-25-2024
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
**** that. Naked blindfolded team thumb wrestling is where it's at.

I mean, if we're really going to cry this much about kickoffs and how we should just get rid of them, let's go all the way off the reservation and make it as arbitrary/nonsensical as possible.:-)
One better. Each team chooses and trains their own midget. A midget mud wrestling contest ensues. The winner’s team will get the option of giving or receiving while the latter can choose what end.

The benefit of my proposal will be felt by all. Create new jobs, form unions, midget mascot merch, more time in the seats to order more ridiculously priced beers and hotdogs, and more community outreach by the midget community.

It’s a win-win.
[Reply]
tk13 06:52 PM 08-25-2024

The Chiefs were one of the best kick return teams in the preseason. They averaged 30.5 yards per return on 17 returns (most returns).

One thing they do differently than most teams: their blockers don't retreat pic.twitter.com/7gIhBbF6jP

— Ted Nguyen (@FB_FilmAnalysis) August 23, 2024

[Reply]
Shiver Me Timbers 07:26 PM 08-25-2024
I vote for it to go back to the way it was
[Reply]
scho63 02:27 AM 08-26-2024
If the statistics show a big drop in injuries over the first two years, than I'm all good.
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:55 AM 08-26-2024
Originally Posted by tk13:

I don't like having most returns. I hope by end of the season we have the least amount of returns in the league.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 10:56 AM 08-26-2024
Seems pretty dumb to be honest. Feels like it belongs in the XFL, not the NFL, but maybe it will grow on me with time and as teams get better at it.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 11:05 AM 08-26-2024
I think the end result of this will be a lot more kickoff TD's or field position changing plays.

How i feel about that will depend on the Chiefs success with it, lol.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up