ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee: See you in 10-12 months
OnTheWarpath15 01:11 PM Today
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...y-injured-knee

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Rashee Rice had posterolateral corner surgery on his injured right knee, Kansas City Chiefs coach Andy Reid said on Monday.

The timeframe for Rice's return is similar to if he had reconstructive ACL surgery, Reid said. Ten to 12 months is generally considered a realistic return time after ACL surgery.

"It takes a while for that to come back,'' Reid said. "He'll get into his rehab and get rolling on that as we go here.''

Rice was injured in a Week 4 game against the Los Angeles Chargers when quarterback Patrick Mahomes accidentally collided with his knee while the two were chasing a fumble that followed an interception.

Rice entered the Week 4 games leading the NFL in receptions with 24. He was second in yards with 288.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:54 PM Today
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Why not suspend him immediately? I honestly don't see the downside.
If the Chiefs suspend him and the NFL office doesn't factor this into their suspension later on, then Rice ends up with a double-whammy suspension. Potentially hurts his relationship with the team for no reason.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 02:00 PM Today
Why not suspend him immediately? I honestly don't see the downside.
I think the nfl knows the optics of a player serving suspension for games he isn’t qualified to play. It’s like suspending a pitcher for 3 games even though they pitch every 4-5. The nfl already gets weirdly accused of playing favorites to kc. I think it also looks disingenuous from the chiefs too.

If he is to actually miss games either the chiefs or nfl will want it to be on games he legitimately would miss. This could be a nice gray area where even though he is eligible the chiefs might benefit from sitting rice an extra few
[Reply]
LagunaSWana 02:08 PM Today
Originally Posted by DRM08:
If the Chiefs suspend him and the NFL office doesn't factor this into their suspension later on, then Rice ends up with a double-whammy suspension. Potentially hurts his relationship with the team for no reason.

via GIPHY

[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:20 PM Today
If we can win Super Bowls without Tyreek Hill, we can sure as fuck win them without Rice. LFG
[Reply]
Graystoke 02:22 PM Today
This is a bummer. We are way to thin at the receiver position and if we are serious about a 3-peat we need to get a guy asap.
[Reply]
Bump 02:25 PM Today
that really sucks, he might come back for the playoffs...next season. Awful injury
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:26 PM Today
Originally Posted by Graystoke:
This is a bummer. We are way to thin at the receiver position and if we are serious about a 3-peat we need to get a guy asap.
We're stronger at WR right now than were were at any point during the last 2 championship seasons.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:28 PM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
I think the nfl knows the optics of a player serving suspension for games he isn’t qualified to play. It’s like suspending a pitcher for 3 games even though they pitch every 4-5. The nfl already gets weirdly accused of playing favorites to kc. I think it also looks disingenuous from the chiefs too.

If he is to actually miss games either the chiefs or nfl will want it to be on games he legitimately would miss. This could be a nice gray area where even though he is eligible the chiefs might benefit from sitting rice an extra few
So, where is the magic date? A couple months after surgery? I mean, he COULD play at that point. Is it doctor clearance?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:30 PM Today
So, where is the magic date? A couple months after surgery? I mean, he COULD play at that point. Is it doctor clearance?
I would assume as soon as they elevate him to the active roster, he will be suspended.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:32 PM Today

So this is bad, very bad. (So bad it makes me question what in the heck was being reported last week).

Carries a risk of him never making a full recovery so a lot of prayers for Rashee Rice, cannot be looked at a point of certainty for 2025 and beyond https://t.co/07ISzrw49m

— DMac Wake (@DMacWake316) October 14, 2024

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:33 PM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I would assume as soon as they elevate him to the active roster, he will be suspended.
Again, though, elevate him ASAP with the understanding that a suspension is coming, no?
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:34 PM Today
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Great, move him to the active roster about 8 weeks before medical clearance is expected, let him finish rehabbing and serve his suspension at the same time. :-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:34 PM Today
Again, though, elevate him ASAP with the understanding that a suspension is coming, no?
They can't bring him off of IR before he's healthy. The NFL is not going to suspend an injured player.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:35 PM Today
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Great, move him to the active roster about 8 weeks before medical clearance is expected, let him finish rehabbing and serve his suspension at the same time. :-)
The NFL would never allow that. They're not going to suspend an injured player.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:51 PM Today
Originally Posted by carcosa:
Wtf. I was led to believe this was more of a 4-6 month thing...
Agent likely piped up to the Chiefs and said no way he's playing this year.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up