ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Are we worried about our offense?
mr. tegu 07:15 PM 09-15-2024
Being only marginally better than last season? Worthy likely has a higher ceiling and more potential than Hardman but he is unlikely, at least for now, to be a 6-8 target a game guy as an option on the majority of passing plays. Rice is better than Rice last season so that's good. Kelce is probably worst though.

But mostly what I’m fearful about is that losing Brown is going to be a major impediment to the offense being noticeably better than last season. He was likely big in our schemes and philosophy. I know we typically struggle vs the Bengals but as of right now I'm not sure what would make me confident we dramatically improve over last season.

What does everyone think? How can we ensure the significant improvement over last season that it seems we might need?
[Reply]
New World Order 07:21 PM 09-15-2024
Just the LT spot
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:21 PM 09-15-2024
:-) :-) :-)
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 07:22 PM 09-15-2024
No, this game was always going to be close, 3 points or less always decides burrow vs Mahomes
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:24 PM 09-15-2024
Feel free to say why you aren’t if you are capable of such thought processes.

I gave just a few examples of my source of concern. Not sure which of those is inaccurate. Also really need to see improvements in the red zone.
[Reply]
Womble 07:25 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
The other team gets paid to play too.
Unless they are a Bengals WR.
[Reply]
Coochie liquor 07:26 PM 09-15-2024
Fire the Hendrickson blocking coach.
[Reply]
O.city 07:26 PM 09-15-2024
It’s more about the lt spot. When we blocked things up, we got guys open.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 07:27 PM 09-15-2024
Not worried but we have two issues:

1. Left Tackle is a major problem

2. Hollywood being injured doesn’t kill us, but we can probably shelf the idea of the offense being significantly more explosive than it was last year. Worthy will break a few but Hollywood was the plan for getting downfield more and now he’s gone. So we’ll probably have to win a lot of ugly, methodical offensive games again.

Not really a “problem” but a disappointment.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 07:28 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
Not worried but we have two issues:

1. Left Tackle is a major problem

2. Hollywood being injured doesn’t kill us, but we can probably shelf the idea of the offense being significantly more explosive than it was last year. Worthy will break a few but Hollywood was the plan for getting downfield more and now he’s gone. So we’ll probably have to win a lot of ugly, methodical offensive games again.

Not really a “problem” but a disappointment.

So like last season? Sounds like you agree with me.
[Reply]
Best22 07:29 PM 09-15-2024
No? Pat just gotta play better

The pieces are there

LT will need more help against top d-linemen
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:30 PM 09-15-2024
No worried yet. Too much running today and we couldn't block Hendericks.
[Reply]
O.city 07:30 PM 09-15-2024
I think everyone came in thinking it was gonna be “2018 monstrous” and may have set themselves up for failure a bit.

Maybe I’m off but it’s all been up front for me so far. Block it up better and they’ve mowed up and down
[Reply]
George Liquor 07:30 PM 09-15-2024
No

They've played rematches of the last two AFC championship games and won both.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 07:30 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
Feel free to say why you aren’t if you are capable of such thought processes.

I gave just a few examples of my source of concern. Not sure which of those is inaccurate. Also really need to see improvements in the red zone.
We won so just shut the fuck up I guess?

Winning today was nice, but there are some significant issues on both sides of the ball that need to be improved upon. Luckily we've got 15 more games before the real fun begins so plenty of time to iron out the kinks.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:31 PM 09-15-2024
Not sure why you wouldn't be a bit concerned. They haven't been as advertised and alot of that is no Hollywood and Travis Kelce being 35 years old.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 12
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up