ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Working With Unstable People
GabyKeepsMeWarm 12:13 AM 07-07-2024
Man... these folks are such a pain in the ass.

There's a guy that relieves me from work two days a week, and I relieve him in the middle of those two days. Our interaction is typically no more than five to ten minutes, depending on what rant he gets me stuck in the middle of, to which there is often no real escape.

It gets so goddamn annoying placating this guy, and people like him. These fuckers are exhausting. They don't recognize normal social cues. It's all about them and their petty little grievances with the whole world coming after them. And they never realize what an imposition they are. Hair-trigger emotions, always having to walk on eggshells. Last week, his ride was ten minutes late, this week some truck cut him off, week before, his wife wants to sell the house... On and on and on...

There. That's me imposing this guy's bullshit, and regurgitating it on you, just like this fucking guy.... Hahaha...
[Reply]
Rain Man 07:52 AM 07-07-2024
Clearly the answer here is to out crazy him. If a truck cut him off, then you were caught in the middle of a wild police chase. If his wife wants to sell the house, your wife ran off to Bali with one of those Marvel Universe guys. No matter what he says, you had something bigger happen. Be emphatic about it. Eventually he will view you as an unstable person and he will be asking people how to avoid you.
[Reply]
notorious 08:00 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Those people are their own punishment. They'll never realize why they continue to fail, be pissed off, and have things happen to them. They're convinced they aren't the problem so they'll change nothing and keep getting the same results.

They make everything worse for everyone around them. Of course their day always sucks.
When my kids complain to me about people like this, I tell them “You had to deal with them for 5 minutes, they have to live with themselves their entire life”.

Puts it in perspective for them.
[Reply]
Katipan 08:05 AM 07-07-2024
This thread is a fail.
There isn't a man here who can't pretend to listen.
[Reply]
cabletech94 08:11 AM 07-07-2024
Sounds like he needs a friend. Be the friend.
[Reply]
Chief Roundup 08:18 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by Katipan:
This thread is a fail.
There isn't a man here who can't pretend to listen.
Because pretending doesn't get someone in trouble, in this instance there is nothing to look at and daydream about doing something else.
[Reply]
BlackHelicopters 08:25 AM 07-07-2024
Antifreeze
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:33 AM 07-07-2024
IF there is one thing I've learned in life, it's this:

My quirks and foibles are charming, entertaining, and even endearing.
Other peoples quirks and foibles are grating, off-putting, and often socially disturbing.
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:51 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by cabletech94:
Sounds like he needs a friend. Be the friend.
When I was in sixth grade, there was a kid in my class named Mike. Mike was a bit disruptive. He would argue back against the teacher, and occasionally clash with other students, and I remember at least one fistfight with another kid in the classroom. He seemed to have some issues.

Overall, though, he was a nice kid and reasonably smart. I got along okay with him. At some point the teacher rearranged and I ended up sitting next to Mike and I had no problem with it. He wasn't my closest pal, but he was on the pal list. At some point, Mike's parents invited my parents out to dinner, and I remember going to his house to hang out at some point, which was very unusual since my mother typically avoided stuff like that. The teacher would often put me with Mike in group settings, which was fine with me. He and I never had a problem, and I felt that he restrained himself a little more when we were in a group.

Years later, I finally figured out that the teacher was using me to keep Mike in line. His parents had figured that out or been told, which was why they were friendly to my family.

I wonder what happened to that guy, and how he ended up. He was a fine fellow, but he just couldn't control himself sometimes. He had a really common name, so there's no hope of finding him on the Internet.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:06 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:
Man... these folks are such a pain in the ass.

There's a guy that relieves me from work two days a week, and I relieve him in the middle of those two days. Our interaction is typically no more than five to ten minutes, depending on what rant he gets me stuck in the middle of, to which there is often no real escape.

It gets so goddamn annoying placating this guy, and people like him. These fuckers are exhausting. They don't recognize normal social cues. It's all about them and their petty little grievances with the whole world coming after them. And they never realize what an imposition they are. Hair-trigger emotions, always having to walk on eggshells. Last week, his ride was ten minutes late, this week some truck cut him off, week before, his wife wants to sell the house... On and on and on...

There. That's me imposing this guy's bullshit, and regurgitating it on you, just like this fucking guy.... Hahaha...
Man, I told you I was sorry.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:09 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by GabyKeepsMeWarm:

There's a guy that relieves me
Pics for Billay?
[Reply]
BWillie 10:22 AM 07-07-2024
Some people are just talkers. Annoying fuckers they can be. I used to work with a guy like that. One time I just walked away went to the bathroom, came back and I dont even think he noticed I was gone and was still blabbering on the same subject.
[Reply]
Mosbonian 10:57 AM 07-07-2024
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Those people are their own punishment. They'll never realize why they continue to fail, be pissed off, and have things happen to them. They're convinced they aren't the problem so they'll change nothing and keep getting the same results.

They make everything worse for everyone around them. Of course their day always sucks.
Imagine managing 40 people who are all like this....everyone else is the problem and nothing they do or want is wrong. They all want to be special because they have it so rough....and of course they all believe that they work harder than anyone else on the team.

In reality only about 5 of them work really hard.
[Reply]
scho63 12:19 PM 07-07-2024
People, who need people...........
[Reply]
Fish 12:39 PM 07-07-2024
Invite him to Fight Club.
[Reply]
Iowanian 09:41 PM 07-07-2024
Do. You relieve each other by hand or mouth?

Sounds like you’re both team players.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up