ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Left Tackle
Katie 11:56 PM Yesterday
How do we feel about left tackle by committee?

Great move, or a complete bust.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:53 AM Today
Also, in that Rappoport article, he says "Matthew Judon is no doubt his biggest test"

Uhhhh what?
[Reply]
nychief 07:54 AM Today
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Just be patient, guys. Criminy.

He's not going up against an elite pass rusher today (or at least I can't name whoever the hell is at DE for Atlanta) so he should have a better game. And if he does have a better game, that's a significant step. That's exactly what Andy said in his presser after the Cincy game regarding Kingsley needing to take a step back in order to take a step forward.

"But the threepeat!" These are regular season games, folks. The Chiefs have a plan and it involves Kingsley being the long term starting LT because they believe he can be better than Morris. If you bench Kingsley now, you're sticking with the lesser talent on the field for the playoffs, and in case you don't remember, the PLAYOFF games are how you win a SB, not the regular season ones.

You all need to calm the **** down. If Kingsley is still churning out Cincy games after the half season mark or so, THEN you can start to do your little pee pants worry games.

Matt Judon is a VERY good pass rusher.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 07:57 AM Today
Someday I hope they solve this problem. As Mahomes gets older it will be magnified more. Veach must stop messing around.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:09 AM Today
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Someday I hope they solve this problem. As Mahomes gets older it will be magnified more. Veach must stop messing around.
LT is the 2nd hardest position on the entire team to fill. Good LT’s never fall in the draft. They are always going top 10, 15 at worst.

If we keep winning it makes it that much harder. This is the best he can do.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:10 AM Today
It's not like benching your QB. You have two young guys you're trying to coach up. They'll both be fine.
[Reply]
RealSNR 08:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Okay, then tell the Chiefs to tank for a year so they can get a top 5 pick.

Oh, you like winning? Then you're going to have to draft Wanyas and Kingsleys and hope one of them becomes good enough.
[Reply]
wazu 08:27 AM Today
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Okay, then tell the Chiefs to tank for a year so they can get a top 5 pick.

Oh, you like winning? Then you're going to have to draft Wanyas and Kingsleys and hope one of them becomes good enough.
Yeah, we have 4 OL starters right now that are top notch or close enough. We have this one spot that is one of the toughest to fill, but we've managed to have it be adequate enough to win multiple Super Bowls while we search. Keep after it. Hopefully Kingsley is the answer and just needs a little more development time.

If Morris sucks today I want Donovan Smith on speed dial, though. I know everybody here tells me he sucked all last year but there was never a thought of benching him.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:09 AM Today
Nice breakdown from Schwartz showing Wanya against Cincy.

https://youtu.be/yLRRtDc5ZYg?si=bhPTv5MjTYu9BTyt

Makes it kinda easy to see why the staff is rolling with him. He looks improved. And now we can only hope this leads Kingsley to similar technical improvement, gives him a chance to focus on himself a little instead of having to do that AND try to combat elite pass rushers.
[Reply]
Bowser 09:15 AM Today
Originally Posted by wazu:
Rappaport seems to make it like Kingsley is straight-up benched with Morris starting. Not loving these vibes.

They're going to start Wanya then have Kingsley report as eligible and line up next to Wanya after sending him in motion to the left side on every play.

Checkmate, Rappaport.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:18 AM Today
People gotta consider that this isn’t one of those positions where you can just put a guy out there and let him struggle if you think it’s a danger to Pat.

Blindside hits will get him hurt as easy as anything, it’s the last position they can **** around with.

If Worthy has a couple bad reps, it really isn’t gonna matter. When the LT does, it could end your season. So do what you can do improve your game and be ready when your number is called, but until then, we’ve got a GOAT to protect.
[Reply]
TLO 09:20 AM Today
Wrong thread lol
[Reply]
Bowser 09:25 AM Today
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
People gotta consider that this isn’t one of those positions where you can just put a guy out there and let him struggle if you think it’s a danger to Pat.

Blindside hits will get him hurt as easy as anything, it’s the last position they can **** around with.

If Worthy has a couple bad reps, it really isn’t gonna matter. When the LT does, it could end your season. So do what you can do improve your game and be ready when your number is called, but until then, we’ve got a GOAT to protect.
This, on top of how few live fire reps Kingsley had in preseason.

He showed well against the Ravens, but let's be honest - the Ravens don't have a pass rusher in Hendrickson's class. Judon is in that discussion, albeit a lesser player (I feel Hendrickson is known to be good yet still very underrated), and he's lining up next to Grady Jarett tonight, another underrated player. Wanya has the experience so he gets the nod, but I won't be shocked to see Kingsley out there in certain situations.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:29 AM Today
May the best man win.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 09:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bowser:
This, on top of how few live fire reps Kingsley had in preseason.

He showed well against the Ravens, but let's be honest - the Ravens don't have a pass rusher in Hendrickson's class. Judon is in that discussion, albeit a lesser player (I feel Hendrickson is known to be good yet still very underrated), and he's lining up next to Grady Jarett tonight, another underrated player. Wanya has the experience so he gets the nod, but I won't be shocked to see Kingsley out there in certain situations.
I wonder if they can’t rotate him in sparingly and just let him build confidence. Go out there, have 8-10 good technical reps in a row, then pull him another drive and let him just kinda anchor the good stuff down at a slower pace.

The game has to be moving real fast for him and that’s a lot when you have technique flaws that need to be reversed.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:42 AM Today
I just don't understand this move, it completely goes against Andys long held desire for continuity on the line... breaking precedent like this is a real head scratcher
[Reply]
Page 2 of 4
< 12 34 >
Up