ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Jordan Love holding out
wazu 08:30 AM 07-22-2024

Jordan Love will not practice until he has a new deal, Brian Gutekunst says. Love’s camp informed Packers of that decision Saturday.

Gutekunst says a deal could get done in the coming days, but you never know. Says big deals take time.

“I feel we’re close.” pic.twitter.com/yeW5ScbUMm

— Matt Schneidman (@mattschneidman) July 22, 2024

[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 08:57 AM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I used to work for a Company that had season tickets for the Packers. When I lived in Chicago, I would take Clients to Packers games ~2x a year. Say what you want about Green Bay (not a big fan myself), but that Stadium is cool as hell. You can feel the history when you go there. If you like the NFL game day experience, you should really try and make it to a game at Lambeau.
The stadium is cool, but other than that he's 100% correct.

This city blows, I get out of here every weekend and head up to the cabin, and it gets harder to come back every damn time. Used to be more of a small town vibe when I was a kid so it wasn't as bad, but now it's the worst possible blend; none of the benefits of a big city but all the annoyances.

The nice part is you head 30-45 minutes in any direction and you can find pristine beauty. That's the only reason I stay.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 09:07 AM 07-22-2024
Purdy should do the same.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:11 AM 07-22-2024
It isn't Love's fault that they drafted him and waited this long to make him the starter :-)
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:11 AM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
There's a song in here somewhere
Don't Hold Back Your Love, Hall & Oates
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:14 AM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by RedinTexas:
I hate it when players hold out. They sign their contracts then refuse to honor them. Teams can't refuse to honor their contracts with players, but players can refuse to honor their contracts with the teams.
Teams can refuse to honor the contract, though. They cut players all the time.
[Reply]
wazu 09:15 AM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
It isn't Love's fault that they drafted him and waiting this long to make him the starter :-)
And also didn't use the 5th year option.
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:21 AM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief:
The stadium is cool, but other than that he's 100% correct.

This city blows, I get out of here every weekend and head up to the cabin, and it gets harder to come back every damn time. Used to be more of a small town vibe when I was a kid so it wasn't as bad, but now it's the worst possible blend; none of the benefits of a big city but all the annoyances.

The nice part is you head 30-45 minutes in any direction and you can find pristine beauty. That's the only reason I stay.
Yeah, like I said, I'm not a fan of the City of Green Bay. My point was the Stadium is a cool experience, and if you like NFL FB games, you should try and make a game.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 07-22-2024
As any QB with any leverage should do...
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:25 AM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
:-)

8 good games and he's doing it.

Fuck the Packers.

Thank God for Veach/Reid.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming.
From his side of the deal, he may never have as much leverage as he does right now. I'm not sold on him.
[Reply]
Old Dog 09:26 AM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by Red Dawg:
Purdy should do the same.
Other than the fact that he's not eligible for an extension until next year, sure.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:30 AM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
From his side of the deal, he may never have as much leverage as he does right now. I'm not sold on him.
I think he definitely improved but he also has a pretty solid play caller and a really nice cast around him. He's right to take advantage. What if he comes back to earth this season or gets hurt?
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 09:42 AM 07-22-2024
Trade them Carson Wentz for a 3rd and let Love sit and spin.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:52 AM 07-22-2024
Love
Has all the leverage and both sides know it. He was among the best in the league the last 10 weeks of the season and had an incredible playoff debut in Dallas
[Reply]
HemiEd 09:54 AM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
I used to work for a Company that had season tickets for the Packers. When I lived in Chicago, I would take Clients to Packers games ~2x a year. Say what you want about Green Bay (not a big fan myself), but that Stadium is cool as hell. You can feel the history when you go there. If you like the NFL game day experience, you should really try and make it to a game at Lambeau.
Similar experience during my 18 year sentence in Chicagoland. Our biggest supplier had season tickets right behind the visitors bench and he gave them to me each time the Chiefs played there during that time. (3)

They were gracious fans, especially after the Chiefs comeback in 2003.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:56 AM 07-22-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
He should hold out and demand the Packers leave that shithole of a city.
Packers fans have been as spoiled as any fan in football. Those fans have seen nothing but great QB play (good at worst) since Majkowksi in 1992.

32 fucking years of good QB play at worst. That franchise needs to be humbled and have a Matt Cassel of their own soon
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up