ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Is the NFL boring now?
Mecca 11:28 AM Today
Let's bring this over from the other thread because I think this is a worthy discussion topic.

I know we're all watching because hey the Chiefs are the cream of the crop but in general is the NFL a more boring product now?
[Reply]
Mecca 11:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by FloridaMan88:
Remember when that Chiefs/Rams 54-51 game was supposed to usher in a new era of explosive offensive football… not so much.
Oh it did alright, it made a bunch of people decide they'd rather give up 15 play drives than that.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 11:41 AM Today
No but these threads are
[Reply]
Mecca 11:41 AM Today
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
No, it's much better IMO. The NBA needs to put defense back in as well and maybe I'll watch the shit.
Who's playing great defense?

I enjoy defense when dudes are making plays, unless you basically think waiting out 14 plays till someone gets called for holding is great defense, then ok I guess.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I actually don't mind defense, I enjoyed the NFL say in 2005.

The issue is what is happening now isn't even great defense it's literally "lets sit back and hope they poop their pants" and the entire league is playing that way now.

Like I'm watching all these games and the quality of play isn't good and there's literally no big plays, you're lucky if you get 1 a game.
As the old saying goes, its a copycat league

Teams see it work against us and other high powered offenses, and decide it can work for them too... but its cyclical, Reid and other top minds will adjust to it eventually and then its back to the drawing board for DC's
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:42 AM Today
Yeah I enjoy watching college football way more
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:42 AM Today
Originally Posted by Mecca:
It's boring when you turn on redzone or you're flipping between games and there are 8 games going at the same time and if you see a play go for more than 15 yards it's a god damn miracle.

I would also love to see defenders make great plays, look at the lockdown CB or dudes making it happen but you don't see that much either.

I call this the wait and pray era, that's all defense is "If we wait long enough they'll fuck up"
It really is the equivalent the overshift in baseball a few years back or zone defense before 3’s became so easy in basketball.

Or even intentionally walking Barry Bonds.

Bad for the entertainment of the game, but likely the correct strategy.

I have to think the League will start policing defensive alignments at some point.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
It's been a pretty shit product for years, but mentioned in the GDT last night it really seems like late game officiating has been significantly worse the past few years, which really sucks the life out of games... I get to a point where I'm waiting for a flag after every fucking play.

Oh, no flag..... no late flag? No review? Are you sure about no flag?

Ah, we won. Cool.

Yet, as bad as all the flags have been with completely phantom calls, they still miss the most blatantly obvious shit sometimes, too.
That's my biggest problem now. I'm just WAITING for some made up blown call to overturn a greatbplay then by the time it's finished I'm like uhhh sweet we won.

There were FOUR BLOWN CALLS in key moments last night two on each team that factored hugely into the game result. That's not acceptable for a league making this much money. Between that and going to commercial with a MINUTE left in a quarter and this shit is just a stale product
[Reply]
RealSNR 11:44 AM Today
Pretty amazing that a team like the Steelers with pedestrian offense but an exciting play making defense is one of the more fun teams because of those sacks and turnovers
[Reply]
Mecca 11:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Pretty amazing that a team like the Steelers with pedestrian offense but an exciting play making defense is one of the more fun teams because of those sacks and turnovers
They've played a pretty easy schedule for the most part.

But yes your point is spot on, their defense actually makes plays. 95% of them really don't.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
(most popular sport in the world and it is not close)
Talking about the US not the world bud
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:46 AM Today
It's not even the lack of offense to me. The product league wide SUCKS. There's more commercials than ever, worse officiating, uncreative defensive schemes dependent on the other team to make unforced errors, pregame guys whoring out to Tostitos...etc
[Reply]
srvy 11:47 AM Today
The NFL has done everything they can do to limit the defense. I guess banning cover 2 is the talk of the day today. It's kinda putting pass happy offense on its heels. Now the run game is starting to spring back to life. Its just trying to get the 2 deep safeties back up into the box to stop it and beat the D deep. So now we are bored.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 11:47 AM Today
None of the Chiefs games are boring.

Boring games are those with blowouts. Like most of the Baltimore/Dallas game yesterday. Featured game and the first three quarters sucked.

If you enjoy football, you want to see a competitive game. It doesn't have to be high scoring necessarily. I don't need teams playing Cover 1 to enjoy a close game.
[Reply]
Mecca 11:48 AM Today
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni:
It's not even the lack of offense to me. The product league wide SUCKS. There's more commercials than ever, worse officiating, uncreative defensive schemes dependent on the other team to make unforced errors, pregame guys whoring out to Tostitos...etc
Well yes all of that sucks ass also.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 11:48 AM Today
The Chiefs bring enough drama every game they play for the entire league. They should be in primetime every week.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up