ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Nzoner's Game Room>4th and goal at the one
SeattleChiefFan 08:13 PM 09-15-2024
Andy, I love you like a brother. You know this.

But for the love of god and all that is right, punch the fucking ball in on 4th and goal from the one in the first fucking quarter.

Love ya man.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:30 PM 09-15-2024
Originally Posted by jerryaldini:
Statistically, anywhere inside the 10 you go for fourth and one every time. From the 1 it's just beyond reason not to go. Andy's conservative fourth down decisions are the one obvious weakness in his coaching. You knew Taylor would go from the 3, also the correct decision.
Harbaugh and Brandon Staley almost always defer to the percentages. One is considered a genius and one is considered an idiot. All they are doing is correctly listening to a probability model.

I'm sure Andy is told and presented probability models. He just doesn't care or believe in them.
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:34 PM 09-15-2024
Meh... they had 6 plays starting from the 6 yard line. Maybe 7th time's the charm, but whatever. They could have been down 9 at halftime and people would have complained about those 3 points.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:40 PM 09-15-2024
I agree. I hate it. Other teams lean aggressive against us and we do the opposite. I don't like that at all with Mahomes. Hard to argue with the ultimate results but it's not maxiziming the value of Mahomes to run up the gut on 1st and 2nd and give Mahomes just a single chance on 3rd down in that situation.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:41 PM 09-15-2024
That was painful.
[Reply]
Easy 6 08:49 PM 09-15-2024
Tying the game and not giving Cincy any extra oxygen early worked out just fine... why argue with the results?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 09:00 PM 09-15-2024
I was pissed but you look at how the game ended those 3 points ended up being crucial
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up