ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>NFL considering 18 games and 36 teams
DaFace 05:45 PM 11-10-2021
:-)

Is the NFL considering expanding? And if so, how does that impact the St. Louis lawsuit? @AllbrightNFL explained today on #BKandFerrario.

PODCAST: https://t.co/c8klxwyyQk pic.twitter.com/EoMEkeky7Y

— 101 ESPN St. Louis (@101espn) November 4, 2021

[Reply]
DaFace 05:55 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by jd1020:
What the fuck is the logic behind a team in London? If the British gave an actual fuck about American Football then start another league over there.
My understanding is that the London games sell out pretty much instantly, so there's definitely a demand there.

What I just can't figure out is how the logistics would work. You'd constantly have battles between teams that are jet lagged and teams that aren't.
[Reply]
REDHOTGTO 05:55 PM 11-10-2021
just no
[Reply]
Spott 05:56 PM 11-10-2021
What the fuck is the logic behind a team in London? If the British gave an actual fuck about American Football then start another league over there.
It’s literally the only city in the world that could actually give a shit about the Jaguars?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 05:56 PM 11-10-2021
LA was the over the top line in the sand for their greed. My inner blackop says the LA Super Bowl will be targeted by USA haters around the globe!
[Reply]
Renegade 05:57 PM 11-10-2021
That expansion draft is going to be wild with 4 teams. How many players will a current team be able to protect?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 05:59 PM 11-10-2021
What the **** is the logic behind a team in London? If the British gave an actual **** about American Football then start another league over there.

[Reply]
jd1020 05:59 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
My understanding is that the London games sell out pretty much instantly, so there's definitely a demand there.

What I just can't figure out is how the logistics would work. You'd constantly have battles between teams that are jet lagged and teams that aren't.
I would imagine that demand isn't big enough to sell out multiple stadiums at the same time.

How the hell can anyone even think its a good idea to have 1 team so fucking far away? What are they going to do? Have that 1 team play all their homes games in 1 half of the season and their away games in the other half and just fuck every other team that has to travel there? Its just so stupid...
[Reply]
Spott 06:01 PM 11-10-2021
I would imagine that demand isn't big enough to sell out multiple stadiums at the same time.

How the hell can anyone even think its a good idea to have 1 team so fucking far away? What are they going to do? Have that 1 team play all their homes games in 1 half of the season and their away games in the other half and just fuck every other team that has to travel there? Its just so stupid...
They would have a hell of a time getting free agents there.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 06:02 PM 11-10-2021

How the hell can anyone even think its a good idea to have 1 team so ****ing far away? What are they going to do? Have that 1 team play all their homes games in 1 half of the season and their away games in the other half and just **** every other team that has to travel there? Its just so stupid...

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:05 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by Cheater5:
I’m no Mark Cuban ball washer, but his prediction from a few years back regarding the NFL imploding within 10 years may come true.
Pigs get slaughtered.
[Reply]
DaFace 06:07 PM 11-10-2021

I can come up with scenarios where you could make it BETTER. You put them in a division with teams in the northeast, so the flights would only be ~6.5 hours and the time difference would only be 5 hours. Then you do the games at 1pm EST/6pm London, which at least puts them in normal waking hours for everyone. And then you do some hotel magic to try and let the players keep a sleep schedule resembling normal.

You could also consider something like you're alluding to, where the London team does 4-5 home games, then flies to the U.S. for a road tour for a month, then goes back.

But that still would be really tough to manage. If nothing else I think you'd need to allow a bonus for London players to make it worth putting up with all of that.
[Reply]
jd1020 06:07 PM 11-10-2021
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I really doubt that if the NFL put a team there that they would be raking in the dough. It would probably be a losing venture.

What is the most boring sport?
Golf - 70% who have ever watched it find boring
American Football - 59%
Cricket - 58%
Darts - 58%
Snooker - 57%
https://t.co/eJughVrwa0 pic.twitter.com/izb7Pi0mE3

— YouGov (@YouGov) January 10, 2018

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 06:08 PM 11-10-2021
May as well go the NHL route and have teams in Calgary, Edmonton, Toronto, and Winnipeg. All in due time of course. Let's not get too greedy just yet.
[Reply]
Fish 06:08 PM 11-10-2021
More ≠ Better
[Reply]
DaFace 06:09 PM 11-10-2021
I really doubt that if the NFL put a team there that they would be raking in the dough. It would probably be a losing venture.

It doesn't matter if only 1% of people are interested as long as that 1% is interested in spending lots of money.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 9
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up