ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 195 of 199
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs trade Tyreek Hill to the Dolphins
Dante84 10:34 AM 03-23-2022
Will update OP with more info.

Here it is: The #Chiefs are trading six-time Pro Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the #Dolphins, sources tell me and @TomPelissero.

The return is a first-round pick and more, while Hill gets a contract extension that puts him among the highest paid WRs in the NFL.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) March 23, 2022

Chiefs are trading six-time Pro-Bowl WR Tyreek Hill to the Miami Dolphins for five draft picks: a 2022 1st-round pick (No. 29), a 2nd-round pick (No. 50) and a 4th-round pick, as well as 4th- and 6th-round picks in the 2023 draft, sources tell ESPN.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) March 23, 2022

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 09:50 AM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by tredadda:
This is why a roster churn at WR through the draft along with cheap 1-2 year deals for WR's who are ring hunting makes the most sense. WR just isn't the difference maker that you would think given their salaries. At $30 million+ a year they need to be the reason for why teams win SBs. They aren't.
Exactly. Randy Moss was on the Patriots for 4 years and they didn’t win a SB in that timeframe.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 09:51 AM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by notorious:
Yes.

Herm was just a shitty coach.

Pioli was rotten to the core. Everything he did was toxic, and his arrogance made him even more unlikable.

Fuck him. Forever. My detestation for that mother fucker will never wain.
Herm was just a run of the mill bad coach. They're everywhere and he was ours. Pioli was a once in a generation disaster.
[Reply]
Rain Man 03:46 PM 05-31-2024
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Herm was just a run of the mill bad coach. They're everywhere and he was ours. Pioli was a once in a generation disaster.
Tyson Jackson really likes Pioli, though.
[Reply]
notorious 07:40 AM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Tyson Jackson really likes Pioli, though.
Cue Hamas’s epic thread and rant.
[Reply]
TEX 07:54 AM 06-01-2024
This is why a roster churn at WR through the draft along with cheap 1-2 year deals for WR's who are ring hunting makes the most sense. WR just isn't the difference maker that you would think given their salaries. At $30 million+ a year they need to be the reason for why teams win SBs. They aren't.
Agreed. This is the lesson I learned when we traded Tyreek. I thought it would ruin the Chiefs. I could not have been more wrong. It actually happened at the right time in the evolution of Mahomes. It forced change, and Mahomes and the Chiefs became better for it. If you have the best QB, all things are possible. Not so with the best WR.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 12:07 PM 06-01-2024
Two titles in 2 years without him. He can enjoy all the failed seasons under beta boy while swimming in a sea of money...but will never again win a title
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:44 PM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's why I've always disagreed with Beuhler. Pioli was absolutely a way more toxic and horrible cancer to this franchise than Herm.
Oh he was. It’s totally a me thing. Herm crashed the plane. Pioli was just Ghengis Khan over the wreckage.

By the time Pioli got here I was already jaded and tuned the fuck out. Herm pissed all over my beloved franchise.

Plus even after all was said and done Herm had supporters, saying bullshit like, “it didn’t work out but it was exactly what the Chiefs needed” and dogshit. So I kind of went Chernobyl and laid waste to the country side. Just put up an exclusion zone and leave me be.
[Reply]
RealSNR 03:03 PM 06-01-2024
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Oh he was. It’s totally a me thing. Herm crashed the plane. Pioli was just Ghengis Khan over the wreckage.

By the time Pioli got here I was already jaded and tuned the fuck out. Herm pissed all over my beloved franchise.

Plus even after all was said and done Herm had supporters, saying bullshit like, “it didn’t work out but it was exactly what the Chiefs needed” and dogshit. So I kind of went Chernobyl and laid waste to the country side. Just put up an exclusion zone and leave me be.

I can appreciate that. It’s one thing to shake your head and go, “Man this guy sucks” but it’s something else when you have to educate a cult of morons who can’t spot the obvious failure in front of their faces.

Might be why KC had a string of controversial QBs prior to Mahomes
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 09:14 PM 06-01-2024
This is a really good observation I think. It’s another illustration of how you hear intelligence and analysis on this board that you don’t hear from the Talking Heads. I was listening to a PFF podcast commenting on how the cost of receivers is going up so much after waddles signing And speculating that Jefferson could get 40 million.

Nobody made the observation that is made above about how you are not likely going to win a Super Bowl that way, and the solution is roster churn at WR. Of course it helps to have a team that WRs who are ring hunting want to come to and GM who makes good draft picks.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:31 PM 06-03-2024

�� Tyreek Hill is projected to sign a 4yr/$140m contract extension, including $85m guaranteed, per @BleacherReport #GoFins pic.twitter.com/68U8rb6l6z

— FinsXtra (@FinsXtra) June 3, 2024

[Reply]
wazu 02:33 PM 06-03-2024
Dayum. He still had 3 years left on his current deal.
[Reply]
Pablo 02:33 PM 06-03-2024
Reek got paid again my lord
[Reply]
wazu 02:37 PM 06-03-2024
Since it's an extension I guess he's signed through 2030.
[Reply]
staylor26 02:37 PM 06-03-2024
I don't see anything about that other than that tweet.

Also, "projected", so I don't think anything is done.
[Reply]
cmh6476 02:41 PM 06-03-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I don't see anything about that other than that tweet.

Also, "projected", so I don't think anything is done.
It was in my twitter feed, but not sure who reposted it as I don't follow that source. But it appears speculation based on this article:

Originally Posted by :
Jaylen Waddle's extension with the Miami Dolphins had the unintended consequence of making Tyreek Hill appear underpaid.

While Hill just turned 30 in March, he remains one of the most dangerous offensive players at any position. He led the NFL with 1,799 receiving yards last season and has reportedly been trying to get a raise ever since.

"Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the effort to address Hill's contract began after the 2023 season ended," Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio wrote.

Technically, Hill's $30 million annual value is still higher than Waddle's $28.3 million value. However, as Florio recently pointed out, Miami is highly unlikely to pay out the final year of Hill's contract. He'll have a $56.3 million cap hit in 2026, whereas the Dolphins would be left with a dead cap hit of only $11.3 million if they parted ways with him.

For practical purposes, Hill is under contract for two more years at cap hits of $31.3 million and $34.2 million. Now that Jefferson's deal eclipsed those numbers, Hill will likely want an immediate adjustment.

The big unknown here is the length of a Hill extension. The potent pass-catcher is still going strong, but he also said last year that he planned to retire after the 2025 season.

A short-term extension with a massive restructure might be Hill's end goal here. If he does receive a new contract this offseason, expect it to outright replace the final three years of his current contract, raising the annual value and pushing bonus money into future years, when the salary cap should be substantially higher.

Contract projection: New four-year, $140 million deal that runs through 2027 and includes $85 million guaranteed
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...sons-140m-deal
[Reply]
Page 195 of 199
« First < 95145185191192193194195 196197198199 >
Up