ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba Hali
DeezNutz 08:33 PM 09-20-2009
Has anyone seen him? His friends and family are worried.

What happened to our impact LB? The sack machine? The difference maker?
[Reply]
Mecca 12:19 AM 09-22-2009
I didn't think 1st round picks ever became RFA's I thought that was for the later picks...
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:22 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I didn't think 1st round picks ever became RFA's I thought that was for the later picks...
Every drafted player is eligible for RFA after their fourth year.

Every player automatically becomes an UFA after their fifth year of service, unless they are franchised or transitioned.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:25 AM 09-22-2009
[Reply]
Rausch 01:06 AM 09-22-2009
I don't remotely believe they'll keep Holmes, he's the classic example of a guy they let go.
Pitt doesn't rely on gamebreaker WR's. To them it's a luxury, not a need.

Oddly enough I think the last three years are the worst I've ever seen the Pitt O and D lines.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:10 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Pitt doesn't rely on gamebreaker WR's. To them it's a luxury, not a need.

Oddly enough I think the last three years are the worst I've ever seen the Pitt O and D lines.
OL, yes, but Smith, Hampton and Keisel is a damned good D-Line. Arguably the best in the league for a 30 front now that NE let go of big Dick.
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 01:11 AM 09-22-2009
If Jerry Jones is pulling down 100grand plus in his stadium with his team going to the bowl every year I don't think he'll give a shit.
And if interest in the league as a whole drops, and consequently TV revenues drop, and they make less money on the next contract, he'll have been penny wise and pound foolish.
[Reply]
Rausch 01:11 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
OL, yes, but Smith, Hampton and Keisel is a damned good D-Line. Arguably the best in the league for a 30 front now that NE let go of big Dick.
I'm not counting this year. I no longer have the ticket ( :-) ) and I haven't been able to watch them play this year...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:35 AM 03-13-2010
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's isn't a matter of "right or wrong".

It's a matter of being able to recognize whether or not someone is suited to play a particular position and if so, excel or suck at said position.

No one is saying that Hali doesn't work hard. That would be ludicrous. The guy has the heart of a champion.

But, he's flat-footed, not particularly quick, fleet or fast. He doesn't move his hips well and is clueless in coverage. He's not nifty enough to get past an average offensive tackles (much less an elite tackle) and he doesn't have any instincts to speak of, meaning he doesn't read and react well.

Now, if you want to take all of those things as a positive, be my guest.

I'll take them at face value, thank you.
Ooooooooops.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 08:43 AM 03-13-2010
Originally Posted by GoChiefs:
Hali got pressure a few times today. He's not totally worthless.

Mario Henderson has owned him two years in a row, though.

I still think he can get 7-8 sacks.
High praise. High praise, indeed.

Move 'em to the other side and find a legit, impact pass rusher.
[Reply]
PhillyChiefFan 09:33 AM 03-13-2010
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
High praise. High praise, indeed.

Move 'em to the other side and find a legit, impact pass rusher.
Agree. It will make Hali play better, and the whole defense will follow suit.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:39 AM 03-13-2010
Hali always has been a max effort guy, even if he isn't the most talented at his position. he's def. been solid
[Reply]
TheGuardian 12:36 PM 03-13-2010
Hali could have a 15 sack season and some people on this would board would say he still sucks while sucking on Jared "I don't do shit in big games" Allen's balls.
[Reply]
DeezNutz 12:43 PM 03-13-2010
But he couldn't, and therein lies the problem. It's an argumentative straw man.

If Hali were an impact, dominating pass rusher, no one would criticize him. Fact is, however, Hali is a hardworking, yet middling talent who is being asked to be more than he is.

Hali can have a role in this defense, but he's currently out of position.
[Reply]
TheGuardian 02:33 PM 03-13-2010
Originally Posted by DeezNutz:
But he couldn't, and therein lies the problem. It's an argumentative straw man.

If Hali were an impact, dominating pass rusher, no one would criticize him. Fact is, however, Hali is a hardworking, yet middling talent who is being asked to be more than he is.

Hali can have a role in this defense, but he's currently out of position.
He just had his best season ever............"out of position".

And he could have a 15 sack season. Shit man if Eric Hicks can have a 14 sack season anything is possible.
[Reply]
BossChief 04:38 PM 03-13-2010
I don't understand why some people insist that Hali should play on the left side. The guy is a hard worker and one of my favorite players, but he does have a tendency to get somewhat abused in the run game from time to time and that would get magnified on the left side.

I think we need to find a stout run defender for LOLB and leave Hali where he is.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 26
« First < 91516171819 20212223 > Last »
Up