Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Rashee Rice Injury Update Thread
SHOWTIME 02:49 PM Yesterday
Did not look good
[Reply]
TinyEvel 01:01 PM Today
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Savage. While I agree, damn would hate to be sky Moore reading this.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:02 PM Today
Originally Posted by boilertiger:
Gotta wait for the swelling to go down before they can even do an MRI.

I am not sure what Andy can and can't say due to HIPAA but he typically errors on the side of nothing.

This is not hopeful to me. The MRI will determine whether its just an ACL, or an ACL with other issues. Guessing no fracture because xray would show that.
Andy isn't a doctor or healthcare worker.

He can't violate HIPAA.
[Reply]
Molitoth 01:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by TinyEvel:
Savage. While I agree, damn would hate to be sky Moore reading this.
Welp, you are a WR in the NFL... you have to catch the ball, especially the ones that hit you right in both hands.
[Reply]
Lzen 01:03 PM Today
Originally Posted by boilertiger:
Gotta wait for the swelling to go down before they can even do an MRI.

I am not sure what Andy can and can't say due to HIPAA but he typically errors on the side of nothing.

This is not hopeful to me. The MRI will determine whether its just an ACL, or an ACL with other issues. Guessing no fracture because xray would show that.
Since when has that applied to NFL injury reports on players?
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:06 PM Today
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
A hope?

No, he's just saying that because it hasn't been 100% confirmed by radiography. They know he's torn something, but they won't say it until it's 100% verified.
[Reply]
TEX 01:11 PM Today
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Since when has that applied to NFL injury reports on players?
It doesn't.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:14 PM Today
Originally Posted by In58men:
Yeah, I think it might be worse than what they initially thought.
The only thing worse than what the initial prognosis might be would be a PCL tear as well.

In which case.....fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Because that's a 2 year injury. Presuming the guy ever gets back to full speed at all.

A PCL tear would be awful.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:16 PM Today
What do hippos have to do with it?
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:21 PM Today

#Chiefs coach Andy Reid told reporters today Rashee Rice is still undergoing tests, an indication that full answers may not come today. But safe to say he’s out indefinitely. https://t.co/d5IvdEB8wk

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) September 30, 2024

[Reply]
lcarus 01:22 PM Today
I've always hated how fragile ACLs are. Knees are so important and we have a little rubber band holding our leg together. Its bullshit!

Yeah thats right. Now I'm mad about knees. But damn it this is for a 3peat!
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:30 PM Today
The way Andy responded to the question leads you to suggest maybe's it's not the ACL. If it was, they'd know right away through imaging tests. Andy said he won't be available this Sunday which is odd verbage to use for someone suspected to have torn their ACL. He didn't sound negative or dismissive.
[Reply]
Balto 01:32 PM Today
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
The way Andy responded to the question leads you to suggest maybe's it's not the ACL. If it was, they'd know right away through imaging tests. Andy said he won't be available this Sunday which is odd verbage to use for someone suspected to have torn their ACL. He didn't sound negative or dismissive.
Anyone know how long he'd be out for a hyperextension or such?
[Reply]
Chieftain 01:35 PM Today
I watched the tape of Rice's injury like ten times and I saw no twist or bend of the ACL area. It could be internal but usually an ACL injury is almost always visible on tape. That looked like a badly bruised bone just by examining tape alone.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:35 PM Today
Really hoping it wasn’t the Zach Miller career ending injury… he hyper-extended at an angle (albeit waaay more than Rice).

He tore some arteries and had a full knee dislocation. It certainly wasn’t as bad for Rice, but a similar angle.

Sometimes, I think about how Zach Miller got a TD taken away from him the last time the Bears played the Saints in the Superdome. He deserved better.https://t.co/xXct7F7MBjpic.twitter.com/tYviKFrkoJ

— Bleacher Nation Bears (@BN_Bears) January 5, 2021

[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:44 PM Today
Originally Posted by Balto:
Anyone know how long he'd be out for a hyperextension or such?
Depends how bad it was hyperextended but most likely 4-6 weeks
[Reply]
Page 19 of 21
« First < 91516171819 2021 >
Up