ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 186 of 268
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196236 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars Episode VIII SPOILERS thread
DaneMcCloud 03:28 PM 01-20-2016
For all things Episode VIII related info including spoilers.

The release date is now December 15, 2017.

The Official Synopsis from Star Wars.com

“In Lucasfilm’s Star Wars: The Last Jedi, the Skywalker saga continues as the heroes of The Force Awakens join the galactic legends in an epic adventure that unlocks age-old mysteries of the Force and shocking revelations of the past.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi opens in U.S. theaters on December 15, 2017.”

New footage in Japanese Trailer

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:08 PM 12-26-2017
Rian took several GREAT concepts from the more balanced, organized, and latter portion of the post-Jedi EU, and created something that people who know those stories and depth can relate too.

But hey; ENDLEZZ LIGHTSABERZZZ, YO'!

:-)
[Reply]
007 11:10 PM 12-26-2017
JFC this thread is becoming unreadable for the middle ground fans.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 11:38 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
JFC this thread is becoming unreadable for the middle ground fans.
Crappy fan boy and franchise movies tend to lead to that. It's inherent in having a built in audience willing to sacrifice any amount of common sense and logic in order to keep up the myth of greatness of their movies.

And Rocky V never happened!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 11:44 PM 12-26-2017
Those fucking prequels sure happened, and BLECH!....
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:55 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I'm hoping JJ was severely inspired by Rian.

He said he really wanted to direct it when he read the script.
What he really meant was “Holy fucking shit. This is going to fuck us all, big time”.

True Story
[Reply]
007 11:59 PM 12-26-2017
Originally Posted by Just Passin' By:
Crappy fan boy and franchise movies tend to lead to that. It's inherent in having a built in audience willing to sacrifice any amount of common sense and logic in order to keep up the myth of greatness of their movies.

And Rocky V never happened!
I prefer to call it Tommy I.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:00 AM 12-27-2017
It's an incredibly well-reviewed film that will make gobs of money.

It also has a 7.6/10 imdb rating.

Ya'll are grasping at straws.
Pointing out stupid plot devices and inane dialogue (not to mention characters doing and saying things that make no logical sense to the story or the character) isn’t grasping at straws. If you like movies that fall apart when single plot threads are pulled then that’s fine. You have a low bar when it comes to being entertained. Nothing wrong with that. Just as there’s nothing wrong with expecting more from a movie that purports to be a sequel to other films.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:01 AM 12-27-2017
Originally Posted by 007:
I prefer to call it Tommy I.

God that was horrible.
[Reply]
oaklandhater 12:03 AM 12-27-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
What he really meant was “Holy ****ing shit. This is going to **** us all, big time”.

True Story
This right here.

Rian left J.J with a big fucking stinker.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:07 AM 12-27-2017

There's no ****ing way this film scares up another $750 million at the box office.

JFC, Dude.
It will end up around $650mm-$700mm domestic. Haven’t looked at the foreign numbers close enough to see if it manages $800mm there. All total, I would guess, the cume to Disney will be around $900mm which is a great profit but undoubtedly disappointing.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:08 AM 12-27-2017
What he really meant was “Holy fucking shit. This is going to fuck us all, big time”.

True Story
Are you hearing anything concerning extending the current continuity to correct the plot and appease fanboys?LOL
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:09 AM 12-27-2017
The film made me squeal with delight like I was 12 years old, dude.

It made me feel like I was watching the original trilogy.

To each his own.
This is totally fair. I just don’t understand how someone who knows the franchise can’t also accept that there are obvious problems with the film that extend way (WAY) beyond it being a “Star Wars” film.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:11 AM 12-27-2017
I didn't especially like either film.

I've seen TFA a dozen times but it's still difficult for me to get through. TLJ had so much ridiculousness (the "Slow Space Chase", Snoke's easy death, Leia floating in space, Canto Bight, which missed on the obvious, and Luke running away) that I'll need to see it a few more times once it's available on VUDU next year in order to make a decision.

For the record, I can watch Rogue One any time of the day or night, even a year after release.
To the extent it matters you are EXACTLY where I am.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 12:12 AM 12-27-2017
Originally Posted by RINGLEADER:
Pointing out stupid plot devices and inane dialogue (not to mention characters doing and saying things that make no logical sense to the story or the character) isn’t grasping at straws. If you like movies that fall apart when single plot threads are pulled then that’s fine. You have a low bar when it comes to being entertained. Nothing wrong with that. Just as there’s nothing wrong with expecting more from a movie that purports to be a sequel to other films.
I assume your take extends to Episode's I, II, III, VI, and VII, yes?

In any case, Rian joyously incorporated several "fuck you JJ"-elements/moments that have been identified and commented upon by others that make and review movies for a living, each of them explained as properly created as a necessity to create needed space for future work, as well as killing the Abrams foolishness which runs RAMPANT through TFA.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:13 AM 12-27-2017
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:

We can all agree Rogue One kicks wholesale ass. I said after seeing it that this movie justified the sale to Disney and showed the potential of Star Wars in its hands.

Rumor is that Gareth couldn't quite crack the 3rd act, though, and they had to bring Tony Gilroy in to stick the landing. It's possible they’re gunshy on giving more work to Gareth for that reason.
Gareth is all kinds of involved in the Star Wars universe and future projects.
[Reply]
Page 186 of 268
« First < 86136176182183184185186 187188189190196236 > Last »
Up