ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 182 of 664
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192232282 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
Sorter 02:36 PM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Honestly, they both looked pretty gassed after the 1st round. It's an example of why i'll never throw good money at a UFC heavyweight fight. These guys are so big and hit so hard that typically the first solid punch or two finishes the fight...and if the fight isn't finished then it drags on because they're too gassed to finish it.
You thought Cain looked gassed? I thought it was just because he moves/strikes awkwardly.

Fuck, Cigano was just beaten. I mean, wow.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 02:46 PM 01-03-2013
Honestly, they both looked pretty gassed after the 1st round. It's an example of why i'll never throw good money at a UFC heavyweight fight. These guys are so big and hit so hard that typically the first solid punch or two finishes the fight...and if the fight isn't finished then it drags on because they're too gassed to finish it.
I'm pretty sure Cain wasn't gassed. He has amazing cardio.

I do wonder where this leaves Daniel Cormier. I thought he might be next in line if JDS won.
[Reply]
Sorter 02:50 PM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:

I do wonder where this leaves Daniel Cormier. I thought he might be next in line if JDS won.
I think he's taking a fight at HW and will then weigh his options (i.e. see how Ubereem v Cain turns out).
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:05 PM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by Sorter:
I think he's taking a fight at HW and will then weigh his options (i.e. see how Ubereem v Cain turns out).
There are a lot of good fights for Cormier outside of Cain. I also think he makes 205 without too much trouble. He's spoken openly about making the cut.
[Reply]
Sorter 03:07 PM 01-03-2013
Originally Posted by raybec 4:
There are a lot of good fights for Cormier outside of Cain. I also think he makes 205 without too much trouble. He's spoken openly about making the cut.
Dan struggled making 211 for the last several years when wrestling. Both feature night before weigh-ins as opposed to day of.

If he's going to make 205, it is going to be a process. He could do it but his kidneys have taken quite a bit of abuse from it previously.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:09 PM 01-03-2013
Dan struggled making 211 for the last several years when wrestling. Both feature night before weigh-ins as opposed to day of.

If he's going to make 205, it is going to be a process. He could do it but his kidneys have taken quite a bit of abuse from it previously.
The only routes to a UFC title at this point are to fight Cain or cut the weight. I bet he makes the cut.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:12 PM 01-03-2013
Wasn't Roy Nelson going to cut to 205 as well? I guess he gave up that idea.
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:12 PM 01-03-2013
I totally disagree, I felt Cain could have fought a couple more rounds.
[Reply]
Sorter 03:12 PM 01-03-2013
Wasn't Roy Nelson going to cut to 205 as well? I guess he gave up that idea.
Roy enjoys eating and making money to eat.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:14 PM 01-03-2013
You thought Cain looked gassed? I thought it was just because he moves/strikes awkwardly.

****, Cigano was just beaten. I mean, wow.

If Cain wasn't gassed, then why wasn't he able to finish off a reeling JDS? The energy and explosion that Cain displayed in the first round clearly wasn't there for rounds 2-5. In fact, rounds 4 and 5 looked like JDS was starting to recover.
[Reply]
Sorter 03:15 PM 01-03-2013
If Cain wasn't gassed, then why wasn't he able to finish off a reeling JDS? The energy and explosion that Cain displayed in the first round clearly wasn't there for rounds 2-5. In fact, rounds 4 and 5 looked like JDS was starting to recover.
Pillows for hands. :-)
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:16 PM 01-03-2013
Pillows for hands. :-)
?
[Reply]
Sorter 03:19 PM 01-03-2013
?
It has been a pretty old joke that Cain has "pillow hands" i.e. can't finish anyone because he doesn't have 1-shot KO power.
[Reply]
ToxSocks 03:22 PM 01-03-2013
It has been a pretty old joke that Cain has "pillow hands" i.e. can't finish anyone because he doesn't have 1-shot KO power.
Ah.

Shrug.

I just thought he looked tired. I know everyone likes to talk about how much endurance he has, but i don't think it was evident in that fight. He Absolutely exploded in the first round, and didnt move nearly as well or hit with as much force after. He landed some brutal hits on JDS in the 1st round and destroyed him...but he didn't have enough left over to finish him off.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:08 PM 01-19-2013
Free MMA starting right now on right now on FX.

Enjoy
[Reply]
Page 182 of 664
« First < 82132172178179180181182 183184185186192232282 > Last »
Up