ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 180 of 226
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread****
duncan_idaho 09:14 AM 07-03-2023
Year 4 of the Drinkwitz era, let's discuss.

Schedule
Recruiting Class
Rivals
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 02:40 PM 12-19-2023
Through familial and friendly associations, I'm around Arky Fan more than I'd like to be. They were having a pretty solid jerk to the hiring of, I kid you not, Bobby Petrino. He was going to make Arky a force in the SEC.

Today, they're much more focused on complaining about NIL and how "they" need to get rid of it and how big bad Mizzou is stealing their guys. It's ****ing gold.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:43 PM 12-19-2023
Merry Flipmas?

Bat signal is up - seems Drink got another one. Rumor is they snaked a CB from Tennessee.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:47 PM 12-19-2023
Hopefully Mizzou can maintain this momentum once it's become fully apparent how fucking ridiculous the current portal rules are and stricter regulations are put in place. But until then, WEEHEEEEEEEEEE
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:01 PM 12-19-2023
Official

Committed to the ZOU!!!! @CoachDrinkwitz @CoachBlakeBaker @coachalpogue @NastyWideOuts @MaureyBland6 @Add_Hill @CJheinz34 @CoachFabreezus pic.twitter.com/29noc5ZUaT

— Jaren Sensabaugh (@jsensabaugh2024) December 19, 2023

Fringe 4* recruit (depends on the service); appears to come in the 6-8 range on our recruit list. Probably similar to Cameron Keys in terms of 'prospect value'.
[Reply]
Jerm 04:03 PM 12-19-2023
Jesus...have a day Mizzou, yowza...
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 04:06 PM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
Hopefully Mizzou can maintain this momentum once it's become fully apparent how fucking ridiculous the current portal rules are and stricter regulations are put in place. But until then, WEEHEEEEEEEEEE
I do feel like there's a little grade inflation. Or maybe it's just leaning more and more have/have nots.

I mean for all the momentum we have, this is what - a 20th ranked class? It might be (might be) a top 10 class in the SEC?

It's talent beyond anything we've ever brought in, but man, the entire SEC is just cleaning up. We're not exactly gaining a ton of ground on our peer groups here.

Georgia's class is just hilarious. So is Oklahoma's. 20+ 4* or better recruits there. Oklahoma has eighteen four-star guys and that's good for 4th in the SEC.

We might end up with 5?

The arms race is still just completely looney tunes.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:17 PM 12-19-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I do feel like there's a little grade inflation. Or maybe it's just leaning more and more have/have nots.

I mean for all the momentum we have, this is what - a 20th ranked class? It might be (might be) a top 10 class in the SEC?

It's talent beyond anything we've ever brought in, but man, the entire SEC is just cleaning up. We're not exactly gaining a ton of ground on our peer groups here.

Georgia's class is just hilarious. So is Oklahoma's. 20+ 4* or better recruits there. Oklahoma has eighteen four-star guys and that's good for 4th in the SEC.

We might end up with 5?

Of course stars are bought by subscribers to sites as well. Funny how that works.
[Reply]
Mizzou_8541 05:01 PM 12-19-2023
For years recruits got a star decrease when soemone commited to Mizzou.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:25 PM 12-19-2023

We might end up with 5?

That's why it's hard to get excited. Would be an amazing class in the current Big 12, but damn is looking at these other SEC hauls rather deflating.

What a conference
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:27 PM 12-19-2023
Ole Miss is having quite a time in the portal I am mean holy shit.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:51 PM 12-19-2023

We might end up with 5?

Quality vs Quantity when it comes to rankings. I don't know how much of a difference there is between 26-50 but I don't think there's been a playoff team that hasn't had at least 1 top 5 class
[Reply]
Jerm 08:09 AM 12-20-2023
Quite a bit of smoke starting to develop around Wingo and Mizzou flipping him at the last minute....don't know if it'll happen but sounds like a possibility...
[Reply]
BryanBusby 08:26 AM 12-20-2023
Seems not likely but the Mizzou bagmen should be given statues if they pull it off.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:30 AM 12-20-2023
I'd like to repeat my statement from earlier in this process - fuck Wingo and his whole family.

Indecisive clown.

He'll be the first guy in that locker room taking transfer calls in October if he doesn't become our #1 receiver overnight.

I'm done with the Wingos and their belief that they're some sort of football royalty.
[Reply]
raybec 4 08:35 AM 12-20-2023
I'd like to repeat my statement from earlier in this process - **** Wingo and his whole family.

Indecisive clown.

He'll be the first guy in that locker room taking transfer calls in October if he doesn't become our #1 receiver overnight.

I'm done with the Wingos and their belief that they're some sort of football royalty.
I totally agree. He's going to spend his entire college career playing both ends against the middle.

Edit: just like Cayden Green will.
[Reply]
Page 180 of 226
« First < 80130170176177178179180 181182183184190 > Last »
Up