ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Bengals (week 2)
SHOWTIME 09:45 AM 09-06-2024

Ja’Marr Chase giving Patrick Mahomes the Voldemort treatment pic.twitter.com/Df6fohRztI

— Jomboy Media (@JomboyMedia) July 24, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:32 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:
The Pats had 170 yards on the ground against them. Establishing the ability to run will do a lot for pass protection.
'Establishing the run' is bullshit.

It's always been bullshit.

Do what we do. And what we do is NOT running the football.

The Bengals pass rush ain't the '86 Bears. Hendrickson isn't even Maxx Crosby. Run a couple screens out Hendrickson's way and we'll be fine.

Run our offense.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:42 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
'Establishing the run' is bullshit.

It's always been bullshit.

Do what we do. And what we do is NOT running the football.

The Bengals pass rush ain't the '86 Bears. Hendrickson isn't even Maxx Crosby. Run a couple screens out Hendrickson's way and we'll be fine.

Run our offense.
Thankfully we never need worry about this with Andy. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:43 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by RunKC:
They never learn :-)

The Ravens might have the best corner group 1-5 in the league.

Bengos have no idea what is coming.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 09-12-2024
This is why you get "coach speak" from the Chiefs. They've won more than any team in the league the past decade and you just don't hear that kinda stuff from them.

It's just dumb.
[Reply]
penguinz 08:47 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by VAChief:
The Pats had 170 yards on the ground against them. Establishing the ability to run will do a lot for pass protection.
They had that much on the ground because they can't pass the ball. They have no WR's.
[Reply]
PAChiefsGuy 09:10 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
The Ravens might have the best corner group 1-5 in the league.

Bengos have no idea what is coming.
Their DC is no bum. They'll know what is coming for the most part. Knowing but being able to stop it are two different things though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:12 AM 09-12-2024
Known shut-down corner Cam Taylor-Britt out there running his mouth.

Can you imagine Jaylon Watson doing that shit?

Dude, I know you're not used to folks putting microphones in your face on account of being irrelevant, but you don't HAVE to say stupid things when they do.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:15 AM 09-12-2024
I actually think the Chiefs should run the ball a few times right at Hendrickson. He was really really bad (like Dee Ford bad) over pursuing his rush leaving his run lane wide open and the Patriots just kept running his way and exploiting him.

Just takes 2-3 carries his way to force him to stay disciplined. Then you do play action or RPO to freeze his rush bc he’s thinking about the run
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:17 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
They're DC is no bum. They'll know what is coming for the most part. Knowing but being able to stop it are two different things though.
As was the case last year.

That D was so bad Andy simplified the playbook and we thrashed them on pure talent. Still couldn't score in the RZ but Mahomes was cooking.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:19 AM 09-12-2024
Hendrickson's probably just stat chasing for his new team and contract.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:20 AM 09-12-2024
I actually think the Chiefs should run the ball a few times right at Hendrickson. He was really really bad (like Dee Ford bad) over pursuing his rush leaving his run lane wide open and the Patriots just kept running his way and exploiting him.

Just takes 2-3 carries his way to force him to stay disciplined. Then you do play action or RPO to freeze his rush bc he’s thinking about the run

I think you can give him some of the treatment they give Nick Bosa.

Hendrickson no longer seems interested in doing his job, just in rushing the passer.
[Reply]
Indian Chief 09:26 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Known shut-down corner Cam Taylor-Britt out there running his mouth.

Can you imagine Jaylon Watson doing that shit?

Dude, I know you're not used to folks putting microphones in your face on account of being irrelevant, but you don't HAVE to say stupid things when they do.
No no, let him cook
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think you can give him some of the treatment they give Nick Bosa.

Hendrickson no longer seems interested in doing his job, just in rushing the passer.
He's in full "get sacks so I can get paid" mode.
[Reply]
Lzen 09:46 AM 09-12-2024
Originally Posted by Hayneplane:
This is very accurate. The Buffalo weapons this year are awful bar a decent Tight End room.

No receiver in the top 50 in the league, best running back well outside the top 10 and while both Tight Ends are good neither of them is top 5 in the league. Allen is going to have to cook with even worse ingredients than Pat had last year.
I don't know that I would agree with that.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:54 AM 09-12-2024

Oh sure.

Again, you need maybe a dozen carries between the 20s to 'establish the run' in a given game.

Aight. One run per drive. Works for me. That's all you get, Pop.

Running the football is dumb.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up