ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's Talk About Nagy's Playcalling
Bowser 06:50 PM 10-29-2023
I think we can all agree that our offense has been "off" all season, minus the Bears and Chargers games. Mahomes hasn't looked himself by and large, and that could well be because of the talent around him, but watching the plays unfold just makes me wonder why some of the plays are being called in the first place.

Today was an abomination on many fronts with the offense but it sure looked a good deal like an Alex Smith game plan, minus Mahomes' patented making something out of nothing scramble drill passes. The run plays were predictable and getting nothing, but they kept forcing them. We threw the ball laterally as much as horizontally (seemingly), and the plays themselves just look, well, off.

Is it Nagy, is it Mahomes, is it the talent outside of Mahomes and Kelce, or is it a combination of all that? Or was this game just an outlier and our annual piss down our legs game as has been suggested, and I'm just OMG-ing for no good reason?

Something FEELS different than in the past so far this season. I would love to put my finger on what it is, precisely.
[Reply]
Gary Cooper 01:17 PM 11-23-2023
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
are we doing this game again where every time our offense succeeds Reid stole the play sheet and every time we struggle it’s because we insisted that eb/Nagy call plays? I’m pretty sure andy is going to use the highest rated primetime game against his old team and team that’s been gunning for our head to be the game where he decides to keep his hands off the offense
We're getting outcoached each game in the second half. The other team is making better adjustments. I doubt the Chiefs players suddenly forget how to play in the second half while the other team's players turn into world beaters. They're just making better adjustments than KC as the game continues.

That ultimately falls on the coaching staff.

But you're right. The fans don't know who calls which plays. We didn't know that when Bienemy was here either.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:23 PM 11-23-2023
There seems to be a struggle differentiating between Mondays game with being the worst 2nd half offense in the league through 11 weeks
[Reply]
RunKC 01:59 PM 11-23-2023
Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch:
No it's not. That's a damning indictment. We ran the ball twice in the entire 4th quarter. With how well our running game was performing and how poor the pass catching was all the way around that's coaching malpractice.
They adjusted and brought in a 5th DL at times and also sneaked up a LB. It was obvious to pass bc lanes were open.

There were guys wide the hell open downfield the entire 2nd half :-)
[Reply]
RunKC 05:08 PM 11-23-2023
Had some time to burn with literally everybody but me and my Mom asleep after eating so I looked into this. I looked at every 2nd half play that ended each drive. Folks here think the play calls sucked. You're gonna find it was the players that were the cause. We had 6 drives in the 2nd half. Here's how each one ended:

Mahomes overthrows a wide open Kelce here. 2 backers in front of him move toward the LOS bc they think Mahomes might take off.

via Imgflip

Notice who was also open on the play? Pacheco was open at the top and was within a yard of the sticks. Defender is 5 yards off him. This is earlier in the play. Mahomes ignores an easy first down.

via Imgflip

2nd drive. Playcall was perfect. Eagles get out of cover 2 and go to single high to have a DB come help cover Kelce. Mahomes reads it and sees both outside receivers and only 1 safety. He correctly chooses Watson bc he's 1v1 and there's no way the safety can get there in time. Unfortunately Watson runs the wrong route and goes inside instead of vertical. Incomplete pass.

via Imgflip

Drive 3 was the Kelce fumble. Not much to show there. We drove down the field and Kelce ****ed it up.

Drive 4. Designed play to Watson on 3rd down. He was open and the ball went right through his hands. Playcall was fine here. The WR has to catch the ****ing ball.

This was the play before the punt- probably was hearing footsteps but gotta catch this pic.twitter.com/1sH8MWwTPy

— Computer Cowboy (@benbbaldwin) November 21, 2023

Drive 5. This was the one drive that the Eagles defended well on 3rd down. But it was the drive with the bullshit Creed false start that made it 3rd and 12 instead of 3rd and 2. The Eagles were offsides and we all know it.
Eagles drop 7 on that play and defend it well.

Last drive. Perfect playcall. Think we all know what happened here..

Disgusting pic.twitter.com/NOXDprZDp8

— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) November 21, 2023

This should put an end to the "2nd half playcalls were shit" people. Doesn't matter if it was Andy, Nagy or Direckshun's whore mother who called the plays. The play calls were very good. The players ****ed it all up.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:32 PM 11-23-2023
EB has learned well from Andy :-)

Bienemy two shots to gain 1-yard and he lines up in the shotgun twice, throws deep & then loses yards…
Maybe there’s another reason he’s NOT a head coach

— Dave Briggs (@davebriggstv) November 23, 2023

[Reply]
Marcellus 08:43 PM 11-23-2023
Originally Posted by RunKC:
EB has learned well from Andy :-)

Yea EB is getting absolutely roasted on social media.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:03 PM 12-03-2023
I refuse to believe Andy would call a fade pattern to Skyy fucking Moore.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:05 PM 12-03-2023
Out of sync, sloppy, not crisp, no sense of explosiveness...
[Reply]
New World Order 11:06 PM 12-03-2023
Trade Nagy for EB
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 11:06 PM 12-03-2023
Average nearly a TD less in PPG with this chode on staff. With largely the same group of offensive skill talent from last year.
[Reply]
TEX 11:24 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Out of sync, sloppy, not crisp, no sense of explosiveness...
The attention to detail is not there, that's for sure.
[Reply]
ping2000 11:28 PM 12-03-2023
Dude wears a visor. Fire his ass.
[Reply]
DeepSouth 12:11 AM 12-04-2023
Only 19 points against a mediocre defense. Can't we blame this on Taylor Swift?
[Reply]
RunKC 12:14 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I refuse to believe Andy would call a fade pattern to Skyy ****ing Moore.
Whoever the **** called the play, Nagy or Andy, didn't call this. Mahomes changed the play and the DB recognized the signal when he did it.

Andy/Nagy shouldn't be blamed on this one IMO
[Reply]
LongSufferingToady 12:14 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Is it Nagy, is it Mahomes, is it the talent outside of Mahomes and Kelce, or is it a combination of all that? Or was this game just an outlier and our annual piss down our legs game as has been suggested, and I'm just OMG-ing for no good reason?

Something FEELS different than in the past so far this season. I would love to put my finger on what it is, precisely.
We've had too many pissing down our legs games this season. A chunk of the blame falls on the coaches, and that means Nagy and Reid.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 20
« First < 81415161718 1920 >
Up