ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Jared Wiley Thread*****
Dante84 11:38 AM 04-27-2024
More to come!

I keep thinking Jared Wiley (TE-TCU) would be a really good understudy to Travis Kelce.

Both former QBs, both very good option-route guys who understand spacing and timing, and Wiley has an athletic profile similar to Kelce (long, lean, vertical speed). Wiley isn't the blocker…

— Matt Miller (@nfldraftscout) April 17, 2024

Sleeper pick in this year's draft? ��

TE Jared Wiley from TCU @dpbrugler��: https://t.co/wG42iYu34u pic.twitter.com/GLyvAu9pB4

— NFL on FOX Podcast (@NFLonFOXPod) April 11, 2024

The Chiefs have a new TE! Here's what you need to know about the Chiefs 4th round pick, Jared Wiley! ��

(fueled by @Holladay1856) pic.twitter.com/MIJRYRSMUt

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) April 27, 2024

Chiefs Fourth Round Draft Pick Jared Wiley https://t.co/njJcuEaKDT

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) April 27, 2024

The TE with the most TDs in college football this past season? Jared Wiley �� pic.twitter.com/Hm6CPzrpWG

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) :-)516147978453?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 27, 2024

[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:51 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I didn't realize that Jody Fortson made the 2022 offense so dynamic, here I thought it was Ronald Jones.
I really was thinking about how unpredictable and versatile that offense was, and how the 13 set was a key part of that. Edited.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 07:04 PM 08-14-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
Watch him be more productive than both Mayer and Bowers, and the Raiders cry.
Better physical tools than both those slapdicks.
[Reply]
Basileus777 02:31 PM 08-21-2024
He didn't really pop in camp, not sure how ready he really is to do much as a rookie.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 02:55 PM 08-21-2024
Originally Posted by Basileus777:
He didn't really pop in camp, not sure how ready he really is to do much as a rookie.
Maybe that's a good sign. Guys who "pop" in camp often end up on the practice squad or playing in a different league. Give me "reliable and physically capable" over camp hype any day of the week.
[Reply]
PatMahomesIsGod 03:18 PM 08-21-2024
He has plenty of highlighted catches.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:17 PM 08-21-2024
DIDN'T HE?

Patrick Mahomes to Jared Wiley. All aboard the hype train! 🚂💨💨pic.twitter.com/1SjED5F9FW
🎥@EddieHigh

— Brad Henson Productions (@BradHensonPro) August 14, 2024

Oladokun to Wiley pic.twitter.com/qSDM0nYptT

— EDDIE HIGH (@EddieHigh) August 1, 2024

PLAY OF THE DAY‼️

Jared Wiley makes a one-handed grab over Drue Tranquill 😳 pic.twitter.com/sjbGLFTLYj

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) July 24, 2024

[Reply]
RealSNR 04:26 PM 08-21-2024
He's playing TE with the 1s his rookie year when the team already has Travis Kelce and a pretty established player in Noah Gray.

This is the position that has had two 1000 yard rookies since 1960: Mike Ditka and Kyle Pitts. And I think we all know that Pitts was force fed all of his yards.

He'll probably do as much as most rookie TEs do, particularly among guys who aren't the main TE.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:42 PM 08-21-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He's playing TE with the 1s his rookie year when the team already has Travis Kelce and a pretty established player in Noah Gray.

This is the position that has had two 1000 yard rookies since 1960: Mike Ditka and Kyle Pitts. And I think we all know that Pitts was force fed all of his yards.

He'll probably do as much as most rookie TEs do, particularly among guys who aren't the main TE.
I think the fact he walked in and began forcing looks in the TE2 role OVER Gray is pretty telling.

They wouldn't be doing that if he wasn't "popping."

He gives them some things Noah Gray can't, namely a big, seam-stretcher who is a vertical threat. KC was clearly trying to add that back to the TE room between Wiley and Irv Smith.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 05:19 PM 08-21-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
Maybe that's a good sign. Guys who "pop" in camp often end up on the practice squad or playing in a different league. Give me "reliable and physically capable" over camp hype any day of the week.
"I prefer not to see success in practice."
[Reply]
Kiimo 07:58 PM 08-21-2024
Well that means Toney is gonna win OPOY
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:12 PM 08-21-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think the fact he walked in and began forcing looks in the TE2 role OVER Gray is pretty telling.

They wouldn't be doing that if he wasn't "popping."

He gives them some things Noah Gray can't, namely a big, seam-stretcher who is a vertical threat. KC was clearly trying to add that back to the TE room between Wiley and Irv Smith.
For better or worse, Andy seems to roll with guys he trusts over guys with upside.

If Wiley is playing over Gray (who is a fine backup and competent NFL player), then it’s safe to be excited.
[Reply]
O.city 07:14 AM 08-22-2024
Rookie TE's don't really happen.

It's ok, just let him learn.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 07:23 AM 08-22-2024
Originally Posted by saphojunkie:
"I prefer not to see success in practice."
I prefer an actual good player as opposed to training camp darlings like Bobby Sippio.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:42 AM 08-22-2024
Originally Posted by O.city:
Rookie TE's don't really happen.

It's ok, just let him learn.

I think his impact is roughly what Jody Fortson gave them in 2022.

He’ll create some big plays out 13 personnel. He’ll let them run 12 personnel without Kelce.

But we’re taking more about situational snaps and splash plays this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:37 AM 08-22-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I think his impact is roughly what Jody Fortson gave them in 2022.

He’ll create some big plays out 13 personnel. He’ll let them run 12 personnel without Kelce.

But we’re taking more about situational snaps and splash plays this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think it's also reasonable to assume we won't have Kelce for 2-3 games this season.

And I think it's possible that Wiley goes from 3rd to 1st on the depth chart if that happens. Not likely, but if you want bulk snaps at a move TE position, I'm thinking you may be better served to move Wiley into that spot with Gray staying at 2.

If Kelce stays healthy I'm thinking you may see 250 yards and a couple scores on 15-20 catches. Nothing much, but a couple little flashes here and there. But if Kelce goes down, there's a chance you see him go out there for like 6 catches for 85 yards and a tuddy in a game.

I really think Reid will turn this kid into a 1,000 yard receiver someday.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 19
« First < 81415161718 19 >
Up