ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba Hali
DeezNutz 08:33 PM 09-20-2009
Has anyone seen him? His friends and family are worried.

What happened to our impact LB? The sack machine? The difference maker?
[Reply]
doomy3 12:00 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
Faneca,Mike Vrabel, Nate Washington, Bryant McFadden...
Forgot about Vrabel.

Faneca was widely considered overrated, Nate Washington was a third WR and they drafted a guy in Sweed they thought could take over there. I just have never looked at those type of guys as players that were let go due to money.
[Reply]
doomy3 12:02 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by Mecca:
The Steelers are kind of cheap to be honest with you...I can think of 3 guys they've basically paid ever.

And James Harrison bitched and moaned for months before they finally paid him.
It seems they pay most of their young guys that are impact players though, no?

Ben, Troy P., I would imagine Santonio will get paid, Heath Miller, Hines Ward
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 09-22-2009
The Steelers are kind of cheap to be honest with you...I can think of 3 guys they've basically paid ever.
They sure as hell made sure Big Ben was one of them. Harrison was a suprise to say the least from them.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:04 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by doomy3:
Plax didn't exactly sign a monster contract with the NYG. 6 years and $25MM really chased the Steelers away? I thought they were basically just tired of him.
There's no way in the world that if the Steelers could afford Burress, they let him go.

In all honesty, we're ALL lucky that the Steelers don't reside in a large market because with their history and ownership, they'd dominate the NFL landscape.

Even moreso.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:05 AM 09-22-2009
I don't remotely believe they'll keep Holmes, he's the classic example of a guy they let go.

They paid Ben because he's a QB and Harrison did surprise me but I think he got paid more so because he threatened to not play.
[Reply]
doomy3 12:05 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
There's no way in the world that if the Steelers could afford Burress, they let him go.

In all honesty, we're ALL lucky that the Steelers don't reside in a large market because with their history and ownership, they'd dominate the NFL landscape.

Even moreso.
Weren't they really frustrated with him though, and that's why they let him walk? It seems that there was much more to that decision than money, but I honestly don't remember it well. I know they weren't totally happy with his effort though.
[Reply]
doomy3 12:06 AM 09-22-2009
I don't remotely believe they'll keep Holmes, he's the classic example of a guy they let go.

They paid Ben because he's a QB and Harrison did surprise me but I think he got paid more so because he threatened to not play.
You really don't think they'll keep Holmes. Damn, if that is the case, I sure as shit hope we make a run at him.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:08 AM 09-22-2009
Holmes has also gotten arrested for being a pot smoker in his time there.....watch they'll let him go and we won't sign him because he has bad character or some stupid shit like that.

Basically here's the best way to put it, if the Steelers have an FA and he's a really good player but not a franchise player he'll be playing for someone else.
[Reply]
doomy3 12:09 AM 09-22-2009
Alright, I'm out. Thanks for the conversation.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:09 AM 09-22-2009
You really don't think they'll keep Holmes. Damn, if that is the case, I sure as shit hope we make a run at him.

Well, it's years away, so it's hard to project.

But with their current ownership group, I'd lean towards no.

We just need to all hope that Jerry Jones doesn't get his way in the next CBA.

For all of you that don't know, he was instrumental in the late 80's and early 90's for making this league what it is today. His negotiations with the networks earlier this decade resulted in the $20 billion dollar plus deals with the networks and Direct TV. He's a great marketer.

But, he doesn't have the best interest of the NFL in mind and someone will need to stop him.

That is NOT a joke.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:11 AM 09-22-2009
Why would he have the best interest of the NFL in his mind?

If he can get it how he wants the Cowboys will be in the playoffs or the bowl every single year and he'll be seating 100 grand plus every game making a shit ton of cash.
[Reply]
doomy3 12:13 AM 09-22-2009
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Well, it's years away, so it's hard to project.

But with their current ownership group, I'd lean towards no.

We just need to all hope that Jerry Jones doesn't get his way in the next CBA.

For all of you that don't know, he was instrumental in the late 80's and early 90's for making this league what it is today. His negotiations with the networks earlier this decade resulted in the $20 billion dollar plus deals with the networks and Direct TV. He's a great marketer.

But, he doesn't have the best interest of the NFL in mind and someone will need to stop him.

That is NOT a joke.

Next year is the last year on his rookie contract.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:15 AM 09-22-2009
Why would he have the best interest of the NFL in his mind?
Well for one thing, a lopsided league would generate less fan enthusiasm and less ticket sales.

Secondly, he's not exactly in a major market. If the smaller market teams like Denver, Seattle, Kansas City, Tampa, Carolina, St. Louis, Phoenix, etc. become fodder for large market teams, television ratings go down, as does money from those sources.

He's playing with fire and he's not acting or speaking like a smart, intelligent, savvy businessman.

He sounds like a fucking rube that doesn't want anyone to touch the "precious".
[Reply]
Mecca 12:18 AM 09-22-2009
If Jerry Jones is pulling down 100grand plus in his stadium with his team going to the bowl every year I don't think he'll give a shit.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:18 AM 09-22-2009
Next year is the last year on his rookie contract.
That's incorrect.

Actually, he's eligible for Restricted Free Agency after this season, unless there's an uncapped year in 2010.

Then, it would be 2011. But I think (and I could be wrong) but there are additional Franchise tags available in Uncapped years.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 26
« First < 81415161718 19202122 > Last »
Up