ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Schefter: Hopkins to Chiefs
Pooch 04:50 AM Today
Let’s go

It’s happening: Titans and Chiefs are working to finalize a trade that would send WR DeAndre Hopkins to Kansas City, league sources tell ESPN. pic.twitter.com/aEeKEgI2D8

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) October 23, 2024

Sources: #Titans WR DeAndre Hopkins is being traded to the #Chiefs in exchange for a 5th rounder that can get to a fourth rounder. Deal is being finalized.

A key veteran who could be the final piece, Hopkins name has been hot in the trade market. Now, he lands with the champs. pic.twitter.com/GRvRbUwux6

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) October 23, 2024

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
If they don't make another move, I think it's more about them being confident Brown is able to play this year. They have the best information on that.
I said from the moment we were told about Brown's surgery that I expected him back for the last week or 2 of the regular season. I've ALWAYS operated under the presumption that he'd be back for a playoff run.

And I still would prefer another move. Because we don't really know how Brown will fully incorporate into the offense and we still don't know what we can reasonably ask from Worthy.

Admittedly, my view on offense is seen through an 11 personnel lens. It always has been - its easily my preferred course on offense and has been since I was 13 yrs old playing Joe Montana football on a Sega. So I'm a bit dogmatic there.

But I view the combination of Brown/Hopkins/Worthy as reasonably likely to amount to about 2 'wholes'. Those 3 guys all have significant question marks - I'm not comfortable counting on all 3 of them unless/until we HAVE to.

And we don't. We have a little extra draft capital and there are guys in Johnson and Slayton that can make this a ton smoother for us at a reasonable cost.

I'm just far more comfortable with a top 5 of Brown, Johnson/Slayton, Hopkins, Worthy, Hardman than I am that same group WITHOUT a relatively steady, reliable and versatile presence in that 2 slot. Because when you take that out of there, you're moving everyone else up a peg and that's just a little iffy.
[Reply]
carcosa 08:24 AM Today
Lol cool

Get Diontae too IMHO!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:24 AM Today
Originally Posted by Jerm:
The scuttlebutt is he’ll be back in November at some point…
Omenihu, Brown, & Pachecco back for the playoffs and mix in a few JuJu and Hardman key grabs… we’re set.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:26 AM Today
For those who want a 2nd move… I’m wondering if Hopkins is a guy that Ross can learn from?
[Reply]
Womble 08:26 AM Today
PENIS IS VERY ERECT. ALERT!!!! PENIS IS VERY ERECT.
[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 08:27 AM Today

[Reply]
SHOWTIME 08:27 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
A) MCL injuries for 32 yr old players don't just miraculously disappear in-season. He's gonna deal with that most/all of the year.

B) Cooper was better than that LAST season.

Cooper is a better, more valuable asset. But a not insignificant amount, IMO.
Veach makes a good move and all we get are complaints…
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:29 AM Today
Originally Posted by O.city:
They weren't/aren't moving a first or second day pick for a rental. They aren't in a spot like the Bills where they have pressure to win now, they've got an infinite amount of rope to hang themselves with.
No - they're in a spot to do something that's never been done before in the history of the league instead.

To say "Nah, we're just not moving a 3rd round pick for a guy that could meaningfully change the calculus in that pursuit" is needlessly dogmatic.

I think it's funny that when we made the deal for Toney at the cost of a 3rd rounder it was "Pft, it's just a 3rd round pick, that's nothing..." and now suddenly that same 3rd round pick is untouchable.

And I'd say the pressure to win is no less now than it was then. The odds of us having ANOTHER shot at a 3-peat are pretty damn long as Kelce wraps up his career and Jones nears the end of his prime. Those are HoF guys; there's no reason to take as faith that we're getting 2 more of them anytime soon.

We can accomplish something far greater than what Buffalo can accomplish this season. I think we should act accordingly.
[Reply]
Womble 08:30 AM Today
Originally Posted by AusChief:
Not excited by this at all. He’s washed. Has a MCL injury and can barely move off the line.

Hopefully he can win on short routes as he can’t get open down field. He has great hand on the plus side..

A 4th (albeit our 4th) is an overpay. Works out similar to the A Cooper compo.
Mods- can we have a no Australian rule on this forum please? Cheers
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:31 AM Today
Originally Posted by SHOWTIME:
Veach makes a good move and all we get are complaints…
I think you should try this whole 'reading' thing again.

More slowly this time.

Fella, this is what the grown ups call "having a conversation". If you wanna put on your tiara and slap your hands in the little frosting cake, I'm sure there are plenty of toddler birthday parties on Reddit or Facebook where you can waive your hands around to your hearts content.
[Reply]
ForeverIowan 08:31 AM Today
Mahomes, Kelce, DHop, Juju, Pacheco, Hunt...those dudes are all MF DAWGS! I'll take my chances rolling with that group in the playoffs. Defense get tired and lazy late in the game its Worthy and Hollywood as your homerun hitters.

Much like Hunt, I expect a reinvigorated and energized DHop. He will know this is likely his last shot for a ring.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:32 AM Today
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501:
Another positive… I would imagine having played with Deshaun and Kyler that he’s exceptional at scramble drill.
Absolutely. This too.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 08:32 AM Today
No - they're in a spot to do something that's never been done before in the history of the league instead.

To say "Nah, we're just not moving a 3rd round pick for a guy that could meaningfully change the calculus in that pursuit" is needlessly dogmatic.

I think it's funny that when we made the deal for Toney at the cost of a 3rd rounder it was "Pft, it's just a 3rd round pick, that's nothing..." and now suddenly that same 3rd round pick is untouchable.

And I'd say the pressure to win is no less now than it was then. The odds of us having ANOTHER shot at a 3-peat are pretty damn long as Kelce wraps up his career and Jones nears the end of his prime. Those are HoF guys; there's no reason to take as faith that we're getting 2 more of them anytime soon.

We can accomplish something far greater than what Buffalo can accomplish this season. I think we should act accordingly.
I agree. Now that we have dhop we no longer have a burning need for a wr. But a wr upgrade still helps. And I’m not nearly as concerned about long term impact as others because we’ve been typically very conservative on cap/trades vs most contenders. If that’s the obstacle, it is so easily remedied in a few years with a very quick reset which we should do no matter what anyway.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 08:32 AM Today
to the ship!!!!!
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:33 AM Today

IF D Hop gets injured, more seriously, we still have ammo and time to make another trade.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 37
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up