Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Cleveland Browns
TLO 07:10 PM 08-27-2021
Week 1.

Chiefs vs Browns.

Talk about it here.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:25 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I like Browns fans, they have a good team and should feel good about their chances.

But their takes on our team are just as dumb as last year. Everybody has been waiting to expose us since 2017. At least the "Mahomes only throws to wide open receivers" talk has finally died down. That was hilarious.
Meh... I was reading the board that was linked here last night and it seemed like pretty typical football banter, where the homers typically have a talking-head level of cliches and false narratives.

Not much different than pre-Mahomes around here, really.... and at the time it was how the Chiefs were going to beat the Patriots and how Patriots fans were arrogant bandwagon assholes..... and now we're the arrogant bandwagon assholes.

Say it with me... at least they aren't Bills fans.... at least they aren't Bills fans... at least they aren't Bills fans...
[Reply]
A Salt Weapon 11:09 PM 08-30-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Stunning how that seems to work against the best QBs in the league everytime. I wonder how Brady would have done if he faced the same pressure Mahomes did.
Or if Mahomes got the flags brady did. Like seriously, that first half was absolutely a disgrace to un-biased officiating.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 06:12 AM 08-31-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Clowney's gonna get hurt, as usual, so...:-)
hmm good thing its not the first game of the season or anything :-)
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 08:06 AM 08-31-2021
Wasn't Clowney going to make the Titans some unstoppable pash rush force last year.....seemed to not work out as planned
[Reply]
tredadda 08:09 AM 08-31-2021
Originally Posted by mililo4cpa:
Wasn't Clowney going to make the Titans some unstoppable pash rush force last year.....seemed to not work out as planned
For as elite as Clowney supposedly is he does seem to play for a lot of teams.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:13 AM 08-31-2021
Originally Posted by eastsidedawg:
hmm good thing its not the first game of the season or anything :-)
He still needs to navigate the stairs off the team plane. That's good for at least a calf tweak. He'll carry his suitcase to the team bus. That's bicep soreness. He needs to brush his teeth in the team hotel, probably twice, which oozes tendinitis.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:41 AM 08-31-2021
If im clevland, id put garrett over the Niang, and that puts clowney over brown, thuney or tre smith. If you over load one side, Mahomes is extremely mobile and will roll out. If you put him over brown or thuney, well im not that worried. The problem is, the browns have talent, but nothing like the chargers or cuccaneers who are the only teams who really gave us trouble.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:44 AM 08-31-2021
On the flip, if im big sexy andrew and one of them does give me some trouble, i'm going to run at them and pull a guard to hit them in the ribs a few times while theyre locked in with a tackle. We have linemen who can actually move grown men now.
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 08:48 AM 08-31-2021
over the last 2 years he has had a good number of pressures despite being double teamed more than any other player in the league. He is defiantly more of a robin than a batman. good thing he has myles garrett on the same D line.

so i guess the NFL thinks more highly of him than fans do.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:42 AM 08-31-2021
over the last 2 years he has had a good number of pressures despite being double teamed more than any other player in the league. He is defiantly more of a robin than a batman. good thing he has myles garrett on the same D line.

so i guess the NFL thinks more highly of him than fans do.
Apparently not, or else he wouldn't be on team #4.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:42 AM 08-31-2021
And the Seahawks the year before that when they traded for him?

I remember one big game he had with the Seahawks. Outside of that, crickets on his time there.

Clowney has a lot of 'hype' that goes with him everywhere he is at. Probably because of the #1 pick status. The results never seem to quite match up with the potential, though.
[Reply]
tritonman 09:59 AM 08-31-2021
Originally Posted by Teak:
Would not Orlando play Garrett last year at left or right tackle twice in division?
yes he did and garrett didnt do much. Just watched both of those games. I was pleased with how Brown did
[Reply]
eastsidedawg 10:03 AM 08-31-2021
the real question is? is Andy dumb enough to run that stupid option play again and get mahomes head taken off a second time?

i think yes because he ran it the one preseason game i watched this year already why ? :-)
[Reply]
jettio 10:31 AM 08-31-2021
Jadeveon Clowney is not quite as dirty a cheap shot artist as Ndamukong Suh, but he has a couple of cheap shot injuries on his resume.

Carson Wentz owes him payback for that cheap shot in the Seahawks-Eagles playoff game.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 10:34 AM 08-31-2021
the real question is? is Andy dumb enough to run that stupid option play again and get mahomes head taken off a second time?

i think yes because he ran it the one preseason game i watched this year already why ? :-)
That's less on Andy and more on Patrick.

The option with Mahomes is lethal in short yardage situations, as you know. It's up to Patrick to get the 1st down then slide instead of thinking he can continue to take clean shots from LBs and keep getting up.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 106
« First < 81415161718 192021222868 > Last »
Up